Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2016, 10:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford hikes prices of Endeavour Titanium variants by Rs.50,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Prices of the new Ford Endeavour have been hiked in India. (all prices ex-showroom, Delhi).
Might be a silly question, but is the Endeavour actually on sale in Delhi? I thought the NGT ban is still on, and only Mercedes has moved a case saying they would pay a 1% cess to allow them to sell their cars in the capital region.
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 11:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

From what I know, Ford was making very little profit with Endeavour. Even though it was not announced during the launch, everyone knew it would be a Introductory price and a price revision was always on cards.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 11:13   #18
Team-BHP Support

I agree with the general thought here. Ford still lacks the sheer brand equity of Toyota. It needs that bit of pricing shove to push the Endy even though you could argue its the better product (I'm talking even qua new Fortuner).

Ford could have been the Superb vs. Camry type value proposition against the Fortuner. Better / comparable product at a slightly better price, thereby pulling customers inspite of Toyota's strong brand equity & reliability factor.

I think they should have waited for the newFortuner to launch, watched the space a bit more and then taken a price revision call. This is premature IMO and will actually give Toyota a bit more breathing room when it prices the all new Fortuner.

If the new Fortuner and Endy are priced near alongside, I think the Endy will lose many customers to the big T.

Last edited by Eddy : 17th August 2016 at 18:06. Reason: T-Fort = Fortuner
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 11:20   #19
BHPian

Ridiculous! The price hike is just too early. They don't seem to learn from their past mistakes and I don't understand the strategy behind this. When they did the same with Ford Ecosport they literally killed the sales and the enthusiasm in the customers who were flocking to showrooms.

Last edited by GTO : 12th August 2016 at 12:02. Reason: Typos
Kratos453 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th August 2016, 11:21   #20
BHPian

The next time someone asks for the price of a Ford, I will just tell him Ford follows the gold pricing mechanism, we need to check todays paper!

I have a feeling this will hurt them more than they would have anticipated. There is way too much playing around with the prices for any prospective customer to have confidence anymore.

Unless they have some serious inside dope on Fortuner prices which led to this decision, expect a price correction again in 6 months. Who in their right mind would buy the Endeavor in such a scenario?
avisidhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 11:41   #21
BHPian

As someone pointed out in this forum, this move is a typical "You see how smart I am" stuff done by so called management/market experts to show to parent company in US. This gives confidence to Indian buyers that Ford will never price any car correctly and that there is NEVER A GOOD TIME TO BUY A FORD . Also Ford is proving every damn time that they can never get the timing correct. It is well known that Endy was on introductory price and that it would definitely go up. but the timing could not have been worse. Slowly they are trying to make a shift in their media campaigns. on top they gave huge price cuts to Figo sibling. When the vibe in market is a bit positive why to spoil them? These guys made the job easier to Toyota to price their Fortuner. With Innova prices being on high end and Endy a VFM, it was difficult to put a cap on Fortuner but thanks to you guys, Toyota will easily put a premium on Fortuner over Endy and pull all your customers! Don't bother brining Fiesta again here guys. You just don't know how to sell!
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 11:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post

Unless they have some serious inside dope on Fortuner prices which led to this decision, expect a price correction again in 6 months. Who in their right mind would buy the Endeavor in such a scenario?
After the hike Endeavour prices are in line with existing Fortuner. I am pretty sure New Fortuner would be atleast a lac more than existing one, which makes Endeavour still VFM. GST is another thing that is pushing Ford to hike prices.
However I agree with you that, a prospective buyer of Ford would give a second thought, consider Ford's pricing strategy.
BTW I would not be surprised If there would be another price hike post launch of all new Fortuner.
Old 12th August 2016, 12:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ford is right to make hay while the sun shines, they have the first mover advantage and Toyota has decided to wait and watch before committing to new investments. The Endeavour has the field to itself and customers who are put off by the price hike will wait for the Fortuner, I doubt it'll be cheaper or better equipped. The Endeavour is not made for India and cost cutting is not really an option. How many of us complaining of high prices will actually offer a discount for a high demand item in our business or take a lower salary if we have a skill that's in high demand? A company's primary aim must be profit and introductory prices are an old bait and switch tactic, one that works if your product is fresh and popular. They recover their costs fast and I am certain that once the Fortuner is out, demand will die down. Ford will probably offer a discount then, otherwise they have no obligation to reduce prices when demand is going up.

Ford has learned quite a bit from the Fiesta they discontinued, basically don't offer a top notch product as the brand doesn't command a premium, customers prefer kit over structural integrity, that why you see the Ecosport made in different body in white configurations, cheaper unsafe ones for India. I believe there is a thread on that subject. The Fiesta was part of the One Ford strategy which didn't work out, now the mass market products are the Other Ones category.
Old 12th August 2016, 13:13   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Might be a silly question, but is the Endeavour actually on sale in Delhi? I thought the NGT ban is still on, and only Mercedes has moved a case saying they would pay a 1% cess to allow them to sell their cars in the capital region.
This is something I'm not sure about either. I've spotted three new endeavours in my apartments parking, and all of them were delhi registered 3.2's. I guess they have paid the 1% pollution tax?
Old 12th August 2016, 13:46   #25
BHPian

Not Trying to defend Ford, But I think this is slightly misleading. The bulk of the price increase was mainly on account of budget, and recently they hiked 50K on select variants. If you compare Fortuner pre budget and current prices there is increase of 1 Lac rupees as well
Attached Thumbnails
Ford hikes prices of Endeavour Titanium variants by Rs.50,000-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by Prafful_Rathod : 12th August 2016 at 13:47.
Prafful_Rathod is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 01:07   #26
BANNED

Ford can't keep a good thing going, can they? The minute they smell some success, they just had to raise the prices. When will these not-so-hot brands realise that they are not preferred brands and customers come to them only when their cars are competitively priced or have looks/features which rivals do not have.

Instead of putting more units on road and making its presence felt, they tried to kill the goose that lays golden eggs. Good luck Ford. You need all the luck there is in this world against Toyota.
Old 13th August 2016, 01:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

The amount of 3.2 Titanium i am looking at these days on the roads, I doubt this will stop people from buying it, I know people who paid 50,000 to 80,000 premium in the initial months to get hold of a titanium 3.2 version, Its still sad to see a price hike, Specially when it was priced at a very good point before, Still offers a good amount of VFM (I personally feel).
Old 13th August 2016, 11:03   #28
BHPian

Being a Fortuner owner for last 2-3 years, I absolutely loved this new Endeavour after couple of test drives, specially the automatic version. The comfort of the seats, driving ease, the noise cancelling system, audio system, sunroof everything is super amazing about it.

The only 2 things that stopped me from buying this:
1. I want to check out the new fortuner before deciding.
2. Not worried about the maintenance cost, more worried about the resale value 4-5 years down the lane compared to Fortuner.

And then i get this news of price hike

Having sold more than 800 Endeavours last month, Ford actually had a shot at making this a volume driver in the long run. In the end, to change the perception about Ford brand, they need to put more cars/SUVs like this on the road.

Such a bad move at a wrong time.
JoyPangli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 09:51   #29
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford hikes prices of Endeavour Titanium variants by Rs.50,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
Not Trying to defend Ford, But I think this is slightly misleading. The bulk of the price increase was mainly on account of budget, and recently they hiked 50K on select variants. If you compare Fortuner pre budget and current prices there is increase of 1 Lac rupees as well
I would like to know as to what made them increase prices for the new Endeavour and reduce prices of the Figo and Aspire?
Old 20th September 2016, 20:47   #30
BHPian

Re: Ford hikes prices of Endeavour Titanium variants by Rs.50,000

Good news for Endeavour Lovers ... The prices have dropped again . The 2.2 Trend 4x4 is priced at 23.78, which is much cheaper than launch price as well (25.49) And at this price point this is a good value for money. Please check the Company website .. http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/endeavour/models#step=1. If you want I got the latest pricing from dealer as well. On the other side, there is no price drop for 3.2 models ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks