Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2006, 23:50   #151
BHPian

The car im waiting for is leela's vtec n the r34 and ya obv im waiting for sum more rides to surprise me lol ! its nearly a year since i saw a skyline rip a drag strip !
ANd Mclaren.. u almost had me for a second when u said COUPLE OF ZONDA'S lol! UNOWHTIMSAYIN and obv the scoobies are also gonna be thr , n ppl almost frgt to tell u 1 of the KS MOTORSPORT ppl told me that ******* ****** has got a evo 9 down tuned from dubai itself along with aston martin db7 . ( I DONT BELIEVE IT THOUGH , BUT AS 1 OF THE KS MOTORSPORT PPL TOLD ME SO I BROUGHT IT UP ) . A number of beemers are expected and TONS of vtecs and RS's

Note From Moderator - Varun, i think the TBHP rules on mentioning owners names are quite clear. Please make an effort to follow them.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th February 2006 at 03:27.
Old 11th February 2006, 23:55   #152
BHPian

Ive hurd a lot about Mr.Kesar Mistry . He is supposidly the best tuner in india along with Leelakrishna ,but Kesar is very arrogant but good at his job ... The main reason why he duznt have so many car enthusiasts coming to him to pep up their cars is due to his rude attitude and arrogance . Even 1 of my friends got a supra SOUPed up from him but has decided not to go to him when he gets his new ride down ( THIS GUY IS GETTING A TRUE MEAN MACHINE , BUT I CANT DISCLOSE THE NAME ........................ U GUYS HAVE TO WAIT FOR A MONTH TO GET TO KNOW WHAT HE IS BRINGING DOWN )
Old 12th February 2006, 00:01   #153
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
whoa-mclaren, wait a sec: 2-5-0 BHP SWIFT...??? are youse freakin' kidding me..?? leela has prepped a 250 bhp swift..?? details, please...pm me, if you like; but anyhow, details, please ...

even i was expecting a R34 at the speed run this year; i hope i'm not disappointed....
I know its a bit hard to digest , but look at this post # 69 by bikersg on this link ..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...ut-pics-8.html ..
The car was confirmed to be at track day but didnt turn up .. Have no further details , we ourselves wanted to check it out but were left very disappointed ..

VP : Yes i too have heard about a few rumours of a EVO IX not in bomaby however , the car is supposed to be owned by NK ..

Before i forget there will also be a tbhp members fully blown scooby at bombay participating .. I would say watch out for this guy , he is brilliant ..
Old 12th February 2006, 00:06   #154
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_patra
Ive hurd a lot about Mr.Kesar Mistry . He is supposidly the best tuner in india along with Leelakrishna ,but Kesar is very arrogant but good at his job ... The main reason why he duznt have so many car enthusiasts coming to him to pep up their cars is due to his rude attitude and arrogance . Even 1 of my friends got a supra SOUPed up from him but has decided not to go to him when he gets his new ride down ( THIS GUY IS GETTING A TRUE MEAN MACHINE , BUT I CANT DISCLOSE THE NAME ........................ U GUYS HAVE TO WAIT FOR A MONTH TO GET TO KNOW WHAT HE IS BRINGING DOWN )
HHHmmm thats a weird bit of news actually .. I heard that mistry was a official ferrari repairs man (as in he had a license from ferrari to carry out repairs in india officially) .. However he gave up modding other cars bcoz he was offered a better job by u know who and was sent to various companies to learn about their cars at all expense paid trip.. Does this supra guy happen to be from bangy by any chance ???? Which one is it ??? The silver one or the white one ????
Old 12th February 2006, 00:36   #155
BHPian

Hey mclaren are u talking about the white subaru . if ya ive hurd a lot about it .. just waiting for the 25th man !!!! i just cant wait . And no im not talking about the white supra (owned by asif i guess ) and the silver 1 (owned by ranjit ) , im talking about a RED 1 , this guy also has a vulkan and a 05 r1 and is getting the o6 r1 and a brand new raptor too . This guy owned the yellow auto 300zx at choksies sum time bak and now hes getting another car as mentiond above THIS THING IS GONNA BE MEAN wid a capital M !!!
Old 12th February 2006, 00:40   #156
BHPian

P.s - Kesar still does some other mods for other people who know him quite well n stuff .

All that matters to me - IS KESAR MISTRY GETTING THE R34 FOR THE BOMBAY DRAGS OR NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???
Old 12th February 2006, 00:51   #157
BANNED

Quote:
All that matters to me - IS KESAR MISTRY GETTING THE R34 FOR THE BOMBAY DRAGS OR NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???
I would say highly unlikely .. But who knows ???? From the bottom of my heart i do wish that it makes it to bangalore speedrun .. Nothing like watching the car of ur dreams burn some rubber on a strip ..
Old 12th February 2006, 01:30   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Hey mclaren are u talking about the white subaru . if ya ive hurd a lot about it .. just waiting for the 25th man !!!! i just cant wait . And no im not talking about the white supra (owned by asif i guess ) and the silver 1 (owned by ranjit ) , im talking about a RED 1 , this guy also has a vulkan and a 05 r1 and is getting the o6 r1 and a brand new raptor too . This guy owned the yellow auto 300zx at choksies sum time bak and now hes getting another car as mentiond above THIS THING IS GONNA BE MEAN wid a capital M !!!

is this the red automatic supra......???

If this is the same guy we are talking abt.....then he's not much into drag racing ...he's sunday driver type.
Old 12th February 2006, 01:39   #159
Senior - BHPian

About the 250bhp swift and the 11 sec OHC vtec from LK,

All i can say is LK's reputation is going for a toss because of all these numbers running around. I've kept track of LeelaKrishnan right since I started loving cars.I truly respect him and dream to become like him someday. He's a guy who does it for the love of the sport and nothing else.

But, even though a 250 bhp swift is possible in a turbo spec, a 11 sec OHC VTEC is next to impossible. I wish people could talk sense when they speak BHP figures.
This track day, there was a crook who said he's getting his RS tuned first to "stage 3" which is 330bhp.Later , its gonna push 440bhp.

A 1.8L turbo, fwd and 440 bhp....Call me pessimistic, but i don't think it sounds REAL!!

Last edited by nitrous : 12th February 2006 at 01:41.
Old 12th February 2006, 03:40   #160
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous

All i can say is LK's reputation is going for a toss because of all these numbers running around.

A 1.8L turbo, fwd and 440 bhp....Call me pessimistic, but i don't think it sounds REAL!!
to the 1st point nitrous .. LK reputation is going for a toss bcoz of these numbers ..

Secondly , a 2.2L FWD 500 bhp civic was believable on the same forum , wonder why cant this be ??? Ok maybe not 440 but think about it , 350+ ???? That would be one quick RS if someone can manage the feat that is ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
But, even though a 250 bhp swift is possible in a turbo spec,
Im still guessing the possibility of this unless there might be an engine swap (quite unlikely of LK to do that) or if its a twin turbo setup on a trail basis .. Still 250 on a swift ???? Now im being pessimistic !!!!!

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 12th February 2006 at 03:45.
Old 12th February 2006, 09:02   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a 2.2L FWD 500 bhp civic was believable on the same forum
The civic is known to be world's most modded car.
And i assume this isn't in India.
Indian tuner car scene is still in its nascent stage.
Old 12th February 2006, 10:43   #162
BHPian

Dates confirmed for Speed run 2006...but...

Hey guys...well autocarindia.com has mentioned the dates for the speed run 2006 - Feb 25th & 26th...but any idea which place...i mean will it be at bandra reclamation or kharghar.....i hope its bandra...
Old 12th February 2006, 11:33   #163
BHPian

any idea what bikes to look out for at the drags?

and whos RD should we be looking out for
Old 12th February 2006, 14:59   #164
Senior - BHPian

@1000bhp:read a li'l more carefully-it's at khargar.

@nitrous: yup, the civic that mclaren was talking about wasn't from india. and that had gone through an engine transplant too- has a 2.2 prelude powertrain.

and forgive me if i'm mistaken, but there's absolutely NO way a swift's 1.3 mill can squeeze 250 bhp. not even if the rev limiter was squeezed to 9500; not even if it had a 750gm flywheel (in which case, the pre-5000 r.p.m torque would go for a royal toss) or any thing else; even if the 1.3 sported twin blowers, the max boost the block might be able to run will be around 14 psi, or 1 bar approx. even on forged sleeves and selved block linings, that could go upto, say, 18 or 20 psi. still, the max you can squeeze is about 190-200 bhp at a seemingly stratospheric 8000 r.p.m+...these are all my assumptions, of course....

BUT, let's wait till leela comes out with the actual car and numbers- you never know....hey, most of the people used to mock the mighty bugatti veyron in it's foetal stage, and laugh at the folly of VW. and everyone, including J.C, is eating his words now...
Old 12th February 2006, 15:34   #165
BANNED

Quote:
whoa-mclaren, wait a sec: 2-5-0 BHP SWIFT...??? are youse freakin' kidding me..?? leela has prepped a 250 bhp swift..?? details, please...pm me, if you like; but anyhow, details, please ...
Quote:

even i was expecting a R34 at the speed run this year; i hope i'm not disappointed....

Was talking to Leela when he was in town on the 28th of last month and he said that once he was back home, he was going to take the Swift for a "small run", about 200 kms and see how she was working before he thonked the throttle down.. dont know if he managed to do that.. anyone have any feedback on the swift?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks