Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2010, 15:15   #1
BHPian

Sarath Kumar & WTR-Ten10 – India’s first shot at Moto GP! EDIT: Mahindra too

This is a proud moment for India, we've finally made it to Motogp.

After a cracking season in 2010 FMSCI Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championships Ten10 Racing India Pvt Limited is proud to announce its provisional entry into 2011 Moto GP 125CC Championships. We have partnered with WTR Team, a San Marino based 125CC/Moto 2 team and together we will be WTR-Ten10 Racing for the next 3 years. We possibly have one Indian and one Italian rider in the team

Congrats to my friends Joel, Sharath and the the entire team. I will update this thread with specific details as they are made available..

Old 3rd November 2010, 11:37   #2
BHPian

I am really surprised to see no replies to this thread!

Congrats team 10-10, Joel , Killer and the other guys. This is a mark in the history of Indian Motorsports indeed.

All the best for your ventures and shot at the titles in the coming years! Lets hear the National Anthem at the podium!

Killer it would be nice if you could narrate your experience of making it into the big league!

Once again, hearty congratulations!
Old 3rd November 2010, 14:32   #3
BHPian

@redrage: Yes i'm a bit surprised too but then i know biking has always been a very sober subject on here.

I'm associated with the team as a close friend since the team was started, i'm not part of the motogp deal. Just doing my bit to spread the word coz the team needs all the support it can get right now.

Thanks for the wishes, hopefully this will lead the way to further growth as far as motorcycle racing is concerned in this country.

Last edited by Killer : 3rd November 2010 at 14:41.
Old 3rd November 2010, 16:35   #4
BHPian

Congrats killer, An awesome feat. My best wishes to the ten 10 guys and Joel!
Old 3rd November 2010, 17:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to the team.

Its a big jump and quite surprising..seems like the Malaysian super series being the next step up for Indian riders and teams.
Old 3rd November 2010, 22:16   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
This is a proud moment for India, we've finally made it to Motogp.

After a cracking season in 2010 FMSCI Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championships Ten10 Racing India Pvt Limited is proud to announce its provisional entry into 2011 Moto GP 125CC Championships. We have partnered with WTR Team, a San Marino based 125CC/Moto 2 team and together we will be WTR-Ten10 Racing for the next 3 years. We possibly have one Indian and one Italian rider in the team

Congrats to my friends Joel, Sharath and the the entire team. I will update this thread with specific details as they are made available..

MOTO GP 2011! wow, it is unbelievable! Please share you team photo, & let there be some posters on our walls
Old 16th November 2010, 23:31   #7
BHPian

official release from the motogp website: WTR announce Indian link-up in 125cc | The Official MotoGP Website
Old 17th November 2010, 14:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

i was just going to post the official motoGP from Ten10 - but the other kicker - Mahindra is entering the MotoGP 2011. How cool is that.. from no presence to two teams... kudos1

Mahindra Set For 2011 MotoGP Debut! - News - ZigWeels

and

Motorcycling: Mahindra plots Indian entry into MotoGP - The Economic Times
NEW DELHI: Indian auto maker Mahindra and Mahindra said on Monday that it would enter a team in the 2011 MotoGP Grand Prix world championships, a further sign of the country's growing motorsport ambitions .

The Mahindra team will compete in the 125cc class, which is a stepping stone for young riders on their way to the premier class of the competition that has been dominated recently by Italian star Valentino Rossi.

"We are planning a Mahindra team for next year, but have not finalised any details yet," a company spokesman told AFP, confirming Indian press reports. "We hope to formally announce our intentions shortly."

MotoGP holds an 18-series annual championship in which bikes from manufacturers including Ducati, Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki currently compete.

Each Grand Prix event has separate races in 125cc, Moto2 and the premier MotoGP categories.

India will host its first Formula One race next October at a new circuit on the outskirts of New Delhi. The country also fields its own Formula One team, Force India, owned by liquor and airline magnate Vijay Mallya.
Old 18th November 2010, 01:38   #9
BHPian

Another update - Burnyourfuel - Ten10 Racing Indian Team In MotoGp | Burn Your Fuel | Indian Automobile News | Motorcycle News India | Cars News India
Old 23rd November 2010, 16:36   #10
Team-BHP Support

I had a chance to sit in on the press conference in Mumbai today. To bring those not familiar with Moto GP up to speed :

The MotoGP suite consists of 3 championships :
1) 125cc Championship (currently 2-stroke 125cc, but will be 250cc 4-stroke known as the Moto 3 class in 2012)
2) Moto 2 World Championships (600cc 4-stroke from 2011 onwards)
3) Moto GP World Championships (800cc 4-stroke)

Sarath Kumar will be taking part alongside another Italian rider in the 125cc championships as part of team WTR-Ten10 Racing, a commercial and technical tie-up of Italy’s WTR racing team and India’s Ten10 racing. The WTR team has more than 6 years of experience in the Moto GP field, so should hopefully provide a lot of expertise and experience to the pairing.

Sarath is a 19 year old who first visited the track in 2008 with some friends. He was introduced to Ten10 by his mentor and fellow racer Rajni Krishnan as his natural talent was spotted. He’s gone on to set several lap records and has made a swift climb to the position he is at now – the Sidvin-FMSCI National Champion (in December) and on towards becoming India’s first Moto GP rider. Mahindra has a team that will also be participating in the same 125cc Championship category, though their riders aren't officially announced yet.

2011 will be spent getting familiar with the Moto GP circuits, the Aprilla 125, some training at Imola, winter testing in Spain and the whole team getting their grasp of Moto GP – technically and professionally. Also 2011 is that last year where the 125cc Championship is 2-stroke, as they will be moving on to 4-stroke machines in 2012, a good thing for Sarath, as most of his experience in on 4S bikes. When asked how he felt, and if he could handle the pressure, Sarath said he was very excited and humbly replied that the pressure wouldn’t be a problem.

Here is the young man, keep your eye out for him on the starting grid next year!

Sarath Kumar & WTR-Ten10 – India’s first shot at Moto GP! EDIT: Mahindra too-sarath-kumar-ten10-racing-custom.jpg

Related : India may host Moto GP race in 2012

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd November 2010 at 16:43.
Old 23rd November 2010, 16:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hey, Best Wishes to all you guys out there to make India proud. Glory days are here for India's motorsport, let us hope
Old 23rd November 2010, 18:39   #12

Congrats to the entire team who put an Herculean effort to achieve this.
When there are dozens of guys riding around for years in the MMST track are yet to go to reach any kind of international level Sharath is truly an inspiration for them to not lose hope and keep putting in the effort.

Sepang would be big this year.
Old 24th November 2010, 01:59   #13
BHPian

@Rehaan - Thanks for the detailed report. We are indeed thrilled over the whole affair. Our hardwork has surely paid-off.
Old 24th November 2010, 03:46   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hearty congratulations on this great achievement. This class is the fiercest in terms of competition for places and I regularly see 4-5 riders fighting in a bunch unlike the MotoGP class where one team usually hogs the limelight.

Can we get some details about the bike and the specs and the livery with which your team will be appearing next season? And is it possible to move up the ladder to the next class, once you have established a strong hold in the 125cc class?
Old 24th November 2010, 09:07   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hearty congratulations to Joel, Team Ten10 and Sharath Kumar - It is indeed a proud moment to see you in the big league. Wish you guys all the best
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks