Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2008, 20:33   #1
BHPian

Headers for my Swift.

The swift as already known is sluggish in the lower rpm's. Below 2000 rpm it feels like the car is saying "not now honey,a little later".
It was high time I needed to do something about this. After reading many many posts and seeing many mods done to many cars here(TBHP) I decided to try something for my ride.

Met Raj Hingorani(one of the best person I've ever met). Told him that I needed headers for my car. He is like "Just inform me a day in advance and your work will be done". Did that. Met Shabir the next day. He is a BUSY dude. His boys started working on the car.I spent the whole day at the workshop. It was the first time that I saw this happening. Took close to about 7 hours to finish the job. By now I was all excited, Shabir started the car and the sound(inside the workshop)-YUMMMY. Took the car for a drive and it was MOVING.

About the sound: I had asked Raj for Not-a-very-loud exhaust, It was exactly what I got. But now I feel that I must get another muffler with a louder exhaust note . The sound is heard only after the revs are above 2000. There is hardly any sound when the windows are up, AC and the ICE on. Will get that done sometime soon.

The whole experince: Yeah, there is some change. I am happy with the mod. The frequency of gear shift has reduced. I felt the car pulling at rpms after 4000. I have experienced these things in the city traffic.
I understand that headers dont improve the performance to a very high level.

Pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Headers for my Swift.-headers.jpg  

Headers for my Swift.-headers-1.jpg  

Headers for my Swift.-hdrs.jpg  

Old 20th July 2008, 20:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!! Wise decision - Swift needs a street spec headers for low end torque.
Old 20th July 2008, 20:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new header set up swift8847. So is it only the headers you had done or the complete FFE along with the intermediate pipes and the end can. Its a 4x2x1 set up and it gets kicked in the low and mid rpm's i believe. Have fun and enjoy your modification.
Old 21st July 2008, 11:04   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift8847 View Post
The whole experince: Yeah, there is some change. I am happy with the mod. The frequency of gear shift has reduced. I felt the car pulling at rpms after 4000. I have experienced these things in the city traffic.

How much did it cost you ?
Old 21st July 2008, 11:11   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift8847 View Post

Pictures:
Hey Swift8847, did you get a chance to have a look at Shabir's ZEN? are you running with a side pipe or a stock muffler?

Enjoy the notes while driving; you can compose music with Shabir's headers while driving.
Old 21st July 2008, 20:57   #6
BHPian

Thanks all.

@Patiencewins: They are street spec headers for low and mid range torque.

@VJ_M: The expansion chamber is retained, the muffler has been changed. Gonna change it again in a day or two.

@Vinay: No vinay. don't think the zen was there. I did ask him about the car. Dint opt for the side pipe(will happen sometime). Its not the stock muffler, its a different muffler. and yeah, the sound is awesome.
Old 27th December 2008, 14:18   #7
BHPian

I know its been a long long time. I was jobless hence posted this video of the exhaust sound. Video shot in the night and hence the bad picture quality.

Old 27th December 2008, 16:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

super sweet note there. none of the metal grinder roughness we see in many cars. ive heard another raj hingorani exhaust note, thats the one in shrivz car. loved that too! congrats dude!
Old 27th December 2008, 16:46   #9
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice sporty exhaust note. post a drive by video if possible.
Old 27th December 2008, 17:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

Great exhaust note. Not too loud, but you know it means business. Just the way I like it! Congrats!
Old 31st December 2008, 18:46   #11
BHPian

Hey guys. Its been a few months that I got the FFE for my car. I was thinking of getting the muffler removed and getting the sidepipe.

The basic reason as to why I want to do this is to get a louder exhaust note. I dont really know about the other pros and cons. Can someone please throw light on this???

Also, Should I get the sidepipe or an End can?

Considering that I will be getting this done at Shabir's garage. Am sure a lot of members on the forum have got these products from Shabir.
Old 31st December 2008, 18:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

Great exhaust sound. How much did this whole thing cost you ?
Old 1st January 2009, 11:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

Great exhaust note, Not too loud, Which ENDCAN are you using?? Its a custom made one??
Old 1st January 2009, 12:00   #14
BANNED

whats the basic difference of 4-2-1 and 4-1 headers in terms of power?
Old 1st January 2009, 17:08   #15
BHPian

@foutainheader: Thanks. The FFE and the installation was 9.5k.

@m4ugr8: Thanks. The end can was done at Shabir's. Its not branded.

@monty9991: What I have felt is that there is little improvement in torque. After I got the headers I felt the pick up to be better at around 1700-1800rpm range which was above 2000rpm before the headers.

@others: help me choose between an end can or a side pipe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks