Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 11:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Chikku da Man! That thing is a work of art.

Chikku, do post how the enclosure has improved things! Are you putting in a "dynamisation" flexi-pipe also, to route cold air in from a cooler location?
Old 4th March 2009, 12:00   #17
BHPian

Thanks All

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The finish is really good. One doubt though. The height of the filter and the centre cylinder seem to be identical. If that is the case then when you assemble it up the airflow into the filter will be restricted i.e. may get choked. I may be wrong, since I'm just seeing the pics. any pics of the top just before putting on the upper cover.
Very close observation mate! Your apprehansion is true... but therez enough space for the dynamised inflow of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Amazing work Nikkibike.amazing.especially the way the tube fits on the end plates
And are you planning to go selling that kind of a product.I'm ready to put my money down for that.I can give you the specs i want it to be built to.
ha ha.. I can't do it on production basis as time is the biggest constraint! But I can do it slowly if you want me to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
We may need to put some rubber or other beading where the cone meets the two other sections. Knowing nikki though, he would've thought about it already.
Have worked on to avoid any rubber stuffs inbetween.. still.. lemme see the result! Will reset the ECU and take it for a spin and see... currently am making a suitable mounting for it! Wait till then.. he heee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I may be wrong, But wont this effect the temperature of the Air that wil go into the engine? In lay mans terms, Wont the Air be hotter than usual, thus decreasing performance.
This is the major reason why i chose aluminium as the material for casing! Aluminum will remain comparitively cooler due to the running air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Very very nice fabrication, especially considering its sheet aluminum.
Could we have more pics of the fabrication please ? Especially the conical section A list of parts & materials used would also be nice
One could possibly nickel plate the enclosure & cover it with header wrap.
Its all Aluminium. Tie-rods used is made of Stainless Steel. Nylock nuts as fastners!
Old 4th March 2009, 13:00   #18
BHPian

Chikku Chetta, Amazing Work ,I couldn't make heads or tails when you explained to me how the CAI was going to look,but this looks factory made now all you have to do is powder coat it to look clean.Also how about using some of that heat resisting wrap that Viper and the likes use on their exhaust manifold to keep the temperatures lower on the aluminum casing.

The 9800 looks like a permanent fixture at your Office garage these days.And it looks so goddamn good too.
Old 4th March 2009, 14:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
If that were the case, I would have had the same inlet noise with both the OE filter (which was fitted back with the same K&N plumbing) and the Green Cotton which was again fitted on the unaltered K&N plumbing. I havent had inlet noise with either, so I dont think that is the case.
Steer, I've read somewhere that the inlet noise is because the way air rams down the intake and hence proper plumbing of the intake can/will reduce the intake noise.

have tried it and have been partially successful in a MM540 with a mushroom filter.

But each vehicle has a different dynamics and hence we always learn!

Cheers
Old 4th March 2009, 14:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Chikku Chetta, Amazing Work ,I couldn't make heads or tails when you explained to me how the CAI was going to look,but this looks factory made now all you have to do is powder coat it to look clean.Also how about using some of that heat resisting wrap that Viper and the likes use on their exhaust manifold to keep the temperatures lower on the aluminum casing.

The 9800 looks like a permanent fixture at your Office garage these days.And it looks so goddamn good too.
Well.. am against in making it look like 'hema malini'!
Or esle I would have already gone for powder coating or even buffing and anodising the casing. It will look 'bling'!

However 'heat resistant wrap' is in my consideration.. if it really requires!! As of now I don't think any such things are needed. Lets see...

Will drive it for few kms and see how it serves and performs. Currently am on the job of mounting it on the truck. Making a custom mounting bracket. The ECU is on "reset" spree too..

Will update further after the spin.

C H E E R S!

Last edited by nikkibike : 4th March 2009 at 14:10.
Old 4th March 2009, 16:48   #21
BHPian

Mounting Done!

I was on the job of making a custom bracket for mounting filter assembly in the truck. Now its done and herez how it looks like!

Now I will take it for a spin and update further later.

C H E E R S!!!
Attached Thumbnails
ACKNE - Aluminium Custom K&N Enclosure for the Safari!!!-1.jpg  

ACKNE - Aluminium Custom K&N Enclosure for the Safari!!!-2.jpg  

ACKNE - Aluminium Custom K&N Enclosure for the Safari!!!-3.jpg  

Old 4th March 2009, 16:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Damn,Nice work dude.very very impressive.Its a jugaad which has redefined the meaning of jugaad.
Old 4th March 2009, 17:07   #23
BHPian

those brackets with allen keys looks nice, quality work done there...Congrats

p.s :are those brackets made of steel or aluminum?

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 4th March 2009 at 17:09.
Old 4th March 2009, 17:09   #24
BHPian

Have to reiterate what the other folks have to see. Really clean finish and install. Am sure a lot of us would be getting ideas now..
Old 4th March 2009, 17:12   #25
BHPian

Jugaad ? you don't know what jugaad is untill you meet Nikkibike,he him self is a juggad . Man that enclosure is huge,should have posted some reference points in the 1st pics to judge the size of it.
Old 4th March 2009, 17:15   #26
BHPian

Just a simple off topic question..

Can the K&N be fitted on a tcic safari??
Old 4th March 2009, 20:42   #27
BHPian

Post Install Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Damn,Nice work dude.very very impressive.Its a jugaad which has redefined the meaning of jugaad.
Thanks dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Just a simple off topic question..
Can the K&N be fitted on a tcic safari??
GO ahead dude. You will love it!

Took out the car for a 30 kms drive! C L E A N & SILENT!
cheers.
Old 4th March 2009, 20:58   #28
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
T
Took out the car for a 30 kms drive! C L E A N & SILENT!
cheers.
Thats good news, because everytime the safari went by, the induction noise made me think something was seriously wrong with it.

Old 4th March 2009, 21:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Thats good news, because everytime the safari went by, the induction noise made me think something was seriously wrong with it.

I heard the induction noise on the Wynad drive. Must say I LOVED it - very turbine-ish!
Old 6th March 2009, 09:06   #30
sun
BHPian

Another Off topic

Can any model of K & N Filter suit the 2.2 VTT ? If so what model. Please pardon my ignorance, what is to be expected after this filter is filtted on a VTT safari ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks