Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2009, 16:15   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
I had tried this on my RX-135 which I sold last year.
So much time spent at the mechanic and fabrication shops but still couldnt get any where near the Rx-100's sound. Gave up on this at the end.
The reason for you not getting the RX-100 sound is because the 100 silencer has only 3 baffler plates inside it and the 135 silencer has 4. So even if you get the 100 muffler it will not sound like one.

The closest you could have got to the 100 sound would have been if you had the 100 silencer on it but then again the cc and the bhp also play a role in the exhaust note.
Old 21st March 2009, 13:32   #47

Spokes, Tyres and humming noise

Humming noise: No rattling or knocking noise but a humming noise from the engine, mech says its the clutch timing, I saw him have trouble tuning that in that first place, with a small thin rod being inserted on the clutch side of the engine. The rod didn't fit so he put one bearing ball and then inserted the rod still the humming noise. Now he has replaced the rod and there is no humming noise but im not convinced, I feel there is a little bit of humming still there any views on this?????

Spokes: Going to change the spokes as the ones at present are rusted. The wheel guy says my rear wheel spokes are bullet spokes and he wants to put samurai spokes on the front. Also he said the one which is there is not "KALAI" and he wants to put "KALAI spokes". Did he mean "ALLOY" or is there something called as "KALAI".

Ones the spokes is replaced and wheel bend sorted I will be going for the zapper Q/FV tyres. After its done I will post a new pic of the bike.
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:45   #48
BHPian

nice work. at what point do you get the humming noise? during down shifting or when you run normally? if you get in both the cases, start with stands on and rev it with clutch engaged. if there is no noise its okay. If it is there there then check your clutch basket / bowl.
Old 25th March 2009, 14:49   #49
BHPian

The ball bearing inserted with the clutch rod is to help it shift better at high rpms. I dont know how it works but thats what my mech told me.
Old 28th March 2009, 15:08   #50
BHPian

Guys how to verify the documents while buying a 1987 rx 100?My friend is buying it today so please hurry!
Old 30th March 2009, 16:54   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Guys how to verify the documents while buying a 1987 rx 100?My friend is buying it today so please hurry!
Check for

1) Hypothecation clearence if any
2) Engine number and chasis number
3) Yearly tax been paid ot not
4) FC done or not after 15 years
5) Green tax paid or not
6) Insurence paid or not but this is not mandatory

If you dont check for the above you might end up with a big bill just for the paper work.

87 Model on top of the gear lever will have made in japan written on it.

Clutch humming will be sorted in the first service thanks for the heads up Bhargav.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:40   #52
BHPian

@FreeWill, Congrats on your new bike. It looks very good and i would also like to restore my rx100. where is the your mechanic located, can you pm me his contact numbers.

How much was the total cost, did you also do painting. how much was that.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:43   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Will View Post
In chennai you can get genuine yamaha parts from the poonamali high road dealership, all you need to do is give the list of parts pay the money and it will be courierd to you in 2 days.
what is the address of this yamaha shop and who is the contact person. I hope they are able to provide all the spare parts for Rx100.
Old 30th March 2009, 20:14   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 View Post
Good job on the bike but you could have asked your mechanic to get the 100 meter. This one looks like the 135 4-speed meter.

For tires if you're looking at on and off road grip then buy the MRF Moto-D.
If you are planning only slow speed city riding then the MRF Zappers from the Pulsars will do just fine.
You could go for less expensive options like Ceat, TVS and Dunlop but they dont grip the road as well as the MRF's
Are you sure?? I found that the 2 Dunlop tyres I recently tried grip the roads better than the Zapper Y at least! The compound of the Dunlops is definitely softer and grippier!
Old 8th April 2009, 01:10   #55
BHPian

Woow Ikoneer Really Nice Looking Bike you gut there. Keep the Passion for the RX 100 always Glowing. I also have a 1995 RX 100. Got Her completely redone about 1.5 Years Back & Man the RX is always a head turner.Attaching a Pix for your reference.

Cheers!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Where is my RX 100?-100508_1426copy.jpg  

Old 8th April 2009, 09:44   #56
Senior - BHPian

Nice Bike YamahaBoy ! Did you also get the electricals upgraded to the 12V system ?
Old 8th April 2009, 15:23   #57
BHPian

@kannan666 - Thanx Man. Yes got the electricals & Coil , Battery, Bulbs Et Al upgraded to 12V same set up as the RX 135 & now running on 60/55W Bulb.

Cheers!!!
Old 24th February 2010, 19:38   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
what is the address of this yamaha shop and who is the contact person. I hope they are able to provide all the spare parts for Rx100.
Ambal motors poonamali high road he is a famous yamaha dealer will have all the parts for RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaBoy View Post
Woow Ikoneer Really Nice Looking Bike you gut there. Keep the Passion for the RX 100 always Glowing. I also have a 1995 RX 100. Got Her completely redone about 1.5 Years Back & Man the RX is always a head turner.Attaching a Pix for your reference.

Cheers!!!

AWSOME!!! My favourite color for a RX after black.

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th February 2010 at 19:51. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:54   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Gave you the maximum rates so you wont be out of budget once you decide to buy stuff.Total them and go for shopping, try to buy it from Yamaha dealer and non available items buy it from reputed spare parts shop.
air filter would cost you by rs. 68
Old 4th April 2010, 05:17   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipdrive View Post
air filter would cost you by rs. 68
Right, the OE's comes with a price tag of Rs 72

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks