Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 12:34   #31
BHPian

@Free Will. If the deal is good then go for it. Owning an yamaha 2S is all together a different feel.

To start up I would suggest you do the engine - like gaskets, oil seals, check if it has got more noises then see if it can just be solved by replacing the rings.
next chains and sprokets, junctions as in electricals, carburettor cleaning.. replace battery if it had gone. You don't have to rebuild the engine base as RX100s are one of the best that Yamaha sold in India. I have personally seen my uncles Rx100 doing 80K kms on the odo, just by doing scheduled maintenece (oil change, chain lube, proper fuel, airfilter replacement) the other thing is he never crossed 90 on the speedo.

Also, get a chain case, 2t Oil Tank, indicators and check the oilpump for correctness and tyres.

Do not do any (performance) modifications to the engine, just get it blue printed and run it for atleast 750 kms. I know lot of stock bikes especially like apache rtr and others might fly pass.. trust me.. the thing you can do on an RX has seen no boundaries till..

~Koli.
Old 25th February 2009, 09:03   #32

Thank you for all the inputs from all of you.

Can I please know the approx cost involved for the things listed below which I am planing to do first.

1) Head, Bore, Piston and Rings including gaskets
2) 12 V Battery and rectifier
3) Air FIlter
4) Chain Sprocket Set
5) Oil pump - New - Reconditioning - and Box
6) Headlight Bulbs, Indicators, Horn, swtch gear, speedo Unit
7) Front Shocks spring, oil and oil seal
8) NGK spark plug - What Spec for yamaha?
9) Front and back chrome mud gaurds
10) Connecting rod and bearings
Old 25th February 2009, 10:11   #33
BANNED

Bore kit will be 3.5 K max.
Battery 600 and rectifier 500 max.
Airfilter no idea.
Chain sprocket set 1000 max.
Oil pump no idea.
Headlight Bulbs, Indicators, Horn, swtch gear, speedo Unit count 2500 max.
Front Shocks spring, oil and oil seal 800-1000.
NGK spark plug-100.
Front and back chrome mud gaurds-1000.
Connecting rod and bearings-800.
Gave you the maximum rates so you wont be out of budget once you decide to buy stuff.Total them and go for shopping, try to buy it from Yamaha dealer and non available items buy it from reputed spare parts shop.
Old 26th February 2009, 01:24   #34
BHPian

I recently bought Exide battery costs me Rs650 for my RX135 5s
Also Air FIlter, NGK spark plug, Front Shocks oil and oil seal, RX100 Chain Sprocket Set, Halogen Bulbs, Indicators - I will check the Bill and will post the exact Price Details Tomorrow

For rectifier - I suggest you go for Shogun's rectifier for better performance
Old 26th February 2009, 01:40   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
I stand corrected. The Tiger was indeed a cheaper short lived 135. Don't know why I included the word "Tiger" in my earlier post. Should have been a little less excited while typing. The RX100 just puts me off because it was, for all intents and purposes, overhyped and anaemic with very limited aftermarket support unless there is a lot of money involved.

Anyways, congrats for your purchase Freewill. Ride safe.
I am not sure if it was named "Tiger" or not, but its true that RX125 was a limited run machine.

I had an option to choose between RX100, RX125 or Shogun back then.

I went ahead with Shogun. No regrets.

Very much miss that bike now.
Old 26th February 2009, 02:41   #36
BHPian

Hey Freewill can I know how much you got it for, I got a Rx100 a year ago for 6500/- but had to do considerable work, with the paint job still pending.
Old 26th February 2009, 11:33   #37
BHPian

Great buy, Congrats! welcome to the RX elite club. Please visit the following interesting thread which will help you greatly in your project: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...987-rx100.html. And ride safe!!
Old 26th February 2009, 11:40   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
I recently bought Exide battery costs me Rs650 for my RX135 5s
Also Air FIlter, NGK spark plug, Front Shocks oil and oil seal, RX100 Chain Sprocket Set, Halogen Bulbs, Indicators - I will check the Bill and will post the exact Price Details Tomorrow

For rectifier - I suggest you go for Shogun's rectifier for better performance
Thanks Bhargava will wait for your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Bore kit will be 3.5 K max.
Battery 600 and rectifier 500 max.
Airfilter no idea.
Chain sprocket set 1000 max.
Oil pump no idea.
Headlight Bulbs, Indicators, Horn, swtch gear, speedo Unit count 2500 max.
Front Shocks spring, oil and oil seal 800-1000.
NGK spark plug-100.
Front and back chrome mud gaurds-1000.
Connecting rod and bearings-800.
Gave you the maximum rates so you wont be out of budget once you decide to buy stuff.Total them and go for shopping, try to buy it from Yamaha dealer and non available items buy it from reputed spare parts shop.
thanks Ajay\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Hey Freewill can I know how much you got it for, I got a Rx100 a year ago for 6500/- but had to do considerable work, with the paint job still pending.
Slick rx 100 is very hard to come by in chennai have seen pathetic state rx for 18 K, RX is in high demand over here all of a sudden. I bought mine for 13 K to me its not woth more than 8K a year ago. No one wants to sell RX 100 anymore.

I dont have to do too much on cosmetics but I am going to change

1) Bore KIt
2) Chain sprocket
3) Con ROD and main bearings
4) 12 V Electrics
5) New oil pump
6) Speedo Casing
7) Proper stock seat

Air filter I replaced it myself a local one for time being as the one which was inside was long dead and buried

Paper work is getting delayed will wait till tomorrow or I would do the paper work with other person. Work on the bike will start next week. In chennai you can get genuine yamaha parts from the poonamali high road dealership, all you need to do is give the list of parts pay the money and it will be courierd to you in 2 days.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:10   #39

Oil Pump

I just opened the side case to check is there an oil pump in the compartment near the break pedal, yes there was one but looked very mouldy and no oil tank. I asked my mech he says he will recondition it. PLease advice is it possible to recondition or do I need to go for a new one.

Also is it possible to get only the spokes for the rim as the rim is in good condition and the

FOr now things done

Chain guard
INdicators
Seat cover
Main Coil
New Wiring
All bulbs fixed
New Battery
Foot Rest
Oil Tank
Old 13th March 2009, 10:16   #40

Its all Done. RX 100 resurrected to its glory.

Hi All

Thanks for all your support. My Mech has done an awsome job on the RX 100. When I tested the bike I got the same feeling when I pressed the pedal of a Beamer for the first time, it goes like a dream.

Now its time for new tyres can anyone prescribe some good front and rear tyres for my RX 100 thanks in advance.

Some pics of my RX 100
Attached Thumbnails
Where is my RX 100?-pipe.jpg  

Where is my RX 100?-chain.jpg  

Where is my RX 100?-front.jpg  

Where is my RX 100?-speedo.jpg  

Old 16th March 2009, 16:41   #41
BHPian

Good job on the bike but you could have asked your mechanic to get the 100 meter. This one looks like the 135 4-speed meter.

For tires if you're looking at on and off road grip then buy the MRF Moto-D.
If you are planning only slow speed city riding then the MRF Zappers from the Pulsars will do just fine.
You could go for less expensive options like Ceat, TVS and Dunlop but they dont grip the road as well as the MRF's
Old 16th March 2009, 16:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

@ Free Will

Nice pics ! The switchgear on the bike is not one of an RX100 though. Why did'nt you go in for the original handlebar instead of the one with the crosspiece which is mostly used in motocross bikes ?
Old 16th March 2009, 17:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hey Dude..Nicely maintained RX.How do you like some round RVMs fitted on this beauty.Believe me it will give an awesome butterfly effect.
Old 17th March 2009, 12:17   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody tried putting a RX100 stock pipe on to a RX135 5spd? Does it give the same beat?
I had tried this on my RX-135 which I sold last year.
So much time spent at the mechanic and fabrication shops but still couldnt get any where near the Rx-100's sound. Gave up on this at the end.
Old 17th March 2009, 22:01   #45

Thank You guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
I had tried this on my RX-135 which I sold last year.
So much time spent at the mechanic and fabrication shops but still couldnt get any where near the Rx-100's sound. Gave up on this at the end.
The beat of my RX 100 is so sweet that i start it every morning as soon as i get up to listen to the beat. Never did any mods to the silencer its stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Hey Dude..Nicely maintained RX.How do you like some round RVMs fitted on this beauty.Believe me it will give an awesome butterfly effect.
RVM's does give a stock look will keep it in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
@ Free Will

Nice pics ! The switchgear on the bike is not one of an RX100 though. Why did'nt you go in for the original handlebar instead of the one with the crosspiece which is mostly used in motocross bikes ?
Switchgear, my Mech said this is better than the stock I saw him remove the choke lever from the switch gear, I just went by mech's word kinda like the indicator switch in that switchgear. Handlebars came with the bike and its very comfortable to ride and make me sit with my back straight so didnt want to change the handlebars "No sore back".

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 View Post
Good job on the bike but you could have asked your mechanic to get the 100 meter. This one looks like the 135 4-speed meter.

This I never noticed will ask my mech, anyways is there much difference between 135 and 100 meter

For tires if you're looking at on and off road grip then buy the MRF Moto-D.
If you are planning only slow speed city riding then the MRF Zappers from the Pulsars will do just fine.
You could go for less expensive options like Ceat, TVS and Dunlop but they dont grip the road as well as the MRF's
Thanks for the input have decided on MRF Zapper Q for rear and FV for front.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks