Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 19:16   #61
BHPian

One thing I had experienced in all Indian cities I went -- stand by a busy roadside for 5 mins with closed eyes. You'd hear the meaty, bassy, mature dhud dhud dhud now and then. With std 350 production stopped, I guess its now count down on how frequently you can hear the thump.
There are many CI 350s on the road, but with the model being off from the showrooms, I guess in a decade or so it will stop being riden everyday by the owners.
I know there are many issues discussed about Std 350 by many people. Yes it is difficult to manage sometimes. But then, arent there enough of well managed, maintained, beautiful and reliable machines out there ridden everyday by youngsters to retired servicemen ?? Owning and using a bullet the right way is a test. Its not 'THE TEST'; but just another test.
It certainly measures your patience, maturity, strength(inner), stability and care. And people who come out successful love their bulls. People who stumble midway really dont like it.
Just my opinion.

Bullet 350 was an icon of growing up for me. ( For many I know).
Just the fact that you are riding a bike which is difficult to manage in traffic, difficult to maintain gave the rider a sense of responsibility and care. Besides the joy and excitement of fulfilling a childhood dream, when I first rode a bullet, deep down in my heart I had this sense of growing up. That I am no longer a boy.
To the middle class Indian with umpteen problems in life, Bullet 350 was his dear companion.
This was a bike made for the desis. Doesnt go over 100. Blessing in disguise. Even the interstate highways are not safe to speed here. Takes an awful load of weight; stays a life time.
I am going to ride mine as long as I can and pass it on to my son later.
ashokrajagopal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2010, 19:45   #62
BHPian

well expresed ashok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
I am going to ride mine as long as I can and pass it on to my son later.
same here
Old 16th January 2010, 12:05   #63
BHPian

Well said Ashok..and yes, unfortunately...its not going to my son (Heck..I am not even married yet)..It will remain with me...forever..
Old 17th January 2010, 21:29   #64
BHPian

i dont mind RE launching the Standard with the UCE.
but they should have retained the RHS Brake and LHS Gear shift with it.
Old 18th January 2010, 19:17   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
Well said Ashok..and yes, unfortunately...its not going to my son (Heck..I am not even married yet)..It will remain with me...forever..
For the record, I am not married either. Only dont want to ever showcase or bury my bullet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
i dont mind RE launching the Standard with the UCE.
but they should have retained the RHS Brake and LHS Gear shift with it.
Would have been worth trying. But you know what Iron, the Std 350 with UCE heart has some big vacuums in the body. I mean the whole structure is built for something bigger than a UCE engine, so kinda looks awkward to me. Its just my opinion.
Old 19th January 2010, 13:59   #66
BHPian

:(

I am surprised because I thought that RE would atleast keep one CI for the time to come! I guess, our bikes will now become antiques within 10 yrs or so. I am now even more confident of not selling my electra (4S) bike even if it gives me more problems! I don't have anything against the pulsars/zmas/ct100s simply because it caters to the mass which is what is required in our country. And they are mostly no non-sense bike. My pulsar in its 45k run in 3.5 yrs didn't even give me one problem except for a flat tyre! But anyways, we are all going to miss our std. How come the site still showing the availability of std?
Old 19th January 2010, 19:00   #67
BHPian

hey guys, i dont want to hijack this thread, but was wondering now that production is stopped what would be a right time to press the panic button and stock up spares?

RE is not the best company when it comes to having better production facilities and quality control etc. So how guaranteed we are that OE spares would be available off the shelf easily.

I did read in some other thread the LB 500 owners bucket list of spares, not sure if its prudent or paranoia to stock up.
Old 20th January 2010, 13:02   #68
BHPian

Rahul,

I am very sure that we won't face a problem with the spares. Reason being the number of CIs that have been sold in the past 2 or 3 yrs (which is a lot) and hence there will be service for atleast few 10s of yrs as the number of bikes are on the higher side.

Tejas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
hey guys, i dont want to hijack this thread, but was wondering now that production is stopped what would be a right time to press the panic button and stock up spares?

RE is not the best company when it comes to having better production facilities and quality control etc. So how guaranteed we are that OE spares would be available off the shelf easily.

I did read in some other thread the LB 500 owners bucket list of spares, not sure if its prudent or paranoia to stock up.
Old 21st January 2010, 00:17   #69
Senior - BHPian

I have nothing more to say except that the CI Bullets are a legend & they would be missed by most. I guess from whichever bikes I have had the opportunity to see till date, the Bullet rightly qualifies to be called the National bike. It's a similar sort of feeling as when I had learnt of the Chetak being phased out, but I am thankful that I have had the pleasure of riding both & own each of these marvellous legends.

I just hope that the guys at RE, at least after seeing the sentiments of the "Bullet" fraternity, can somehow make for a provision of "made to order" wherein a person can order for a CI engined Bullet & get it made for himself/herself.

Happy thumping,
Prakhar
Old 21st January 2010, 11:54   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
Rahul,
and hence there will be service for atleast few 10s of yrs as the number of bikes are on the higher side.
Tejas
Few 10s of years is pretty long time and reassuring too if that really is the case
Old 21st January 2010, 21:28   #71
BHPian

im saving up money for the 350std , nothing else but a brand new machine does it for me , i really hope they do not stop the production of this machine.
Old 21st January 2010, 21:31   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrut View Post
im saving up money for the 350std , nothing else but a brand new machine does it for me , i really hope they do not stop the production of this machine.
Err, it is no longer available off the showrooms...
Old 21st January 2010, 21:55   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Err, it is no longer available off the showrooms...
Had to butt in here. It is available, albeit in limited numbers in Kerala and Punjab. So, Vikrut, buy one before they pull it off shelves in these places too. An that will happen within the next couple of months.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 22nd January 2010, 06:26   #74
Senior - BHPian

@ Ashok. this is amazingly wirtten above there. i hope that i can keep my bullet for that long with me. will try to start buying parts for it soon.

The bullets are just the left over stocks.
Old 22nd January 2010, 12:48   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Few 10s of years is pretty long time and reassuring too if that really is the case
Shouldn't any company support the vehicles for 15yrs after being phased out? Having said that, since there are a lot of bullets around and loads of CIs, I am sure that they will support with the spare parts at least.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks