Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 19th October 2016, 10:13   #901
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Modified Indian bikes - Post your pics here and ONLY here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Saw this beautifully modified RE Bullet in my area day before yesterday. Was 95% sure it is a Bullet. Looked simply amazing. Was registered in the capital city. That rear tyre was quite a sight!

Sadly it zipped past me so couldn't get my phone out in time.
Sadly, no bike would need such fat tyres. This mod is certainly not a safe one, as this bike could be dangerous on curves and while flipping from side to side while in traffic
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2016, 21:21   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meccanico View Post
"Scarlett" - 2013 Duke 200

The stock headlamp and pilot light fail to illuminate the road properly. Getting an HID was hence the first modification I was definitely going for.
1. 6000K, 55W HID
Can you please share more details? As I see a projector also. Fantastic throw it has.
Dodge_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2016, 20:32   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Can you please share more details?
Sorry, but I did not get your question. As I have mentioned in the post it is a 6000K 55W HID projector. I will be happy to help you with anything specific.
Meccanico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 03:10   #904
BHPian

I put H4 halogen housings on my bikes; also relays for high + low beam eliminates most of the voltage drop you get through the stock wiring harness, which can be very significant.
A fairly simple mod, there is a wide variety of halogen bulbs available to suite the power of your alternator.
My KZ 400 could handle a 100w headlight; whoopee! That was quite the thing.
My RD350 could barely muster 60W; I couldn't let it idle too long with the 50w headlight on or the little battery I had in there would run low.
It worked ok if the tail light was blown [a common situation with that machine], the 5w made the slight difference that did the trick.
The relays are really important! Check the voltage at your headlight bulb when it's on. a 2V drop will reduce your light tremendously.
The relay's coil should be connected to the original headlight circuit, and a new heavy gauge [fused] hotwire run from the battery to the relay contact.
Also, some lithium grease on the headlight bulb contact blades will reduce heating + burning. This was mainly a problem with the 100w bulb.

If you really want the HID look; consider an "HID look" halogen bulb.
anjuna mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2016, 00:04   #905
BHPian

Although this is not of India, this is of a bike sold in India.

Someone in Vietnam modified a Benelli TNT 300 into a Ducati Panigale 899. Although the bike does give out hints of being modified like the Tyre size and the Exhaust placement, I must say its a Job well done. The closest thing you can get to a 14 lakh bike by spending only 3 lakhs

Quote:
Modifications have been carried out throughout the Benelli TNT 300, changing headlamp console, exhaust system, tail section and rear suspension all of which exude Ducati Panigale 899 resemblance. If an original Ducati Panigale 899 and the modified versions were put side by side differentiating between the two could be a rather difficult task. It is only on closer examination that experts would be able to note the distinct Benelli front discs and swingarm.
Thought of Sharing it with the Team-Bhp family. Take a look for yourself.

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/benelli-tnt...-12215006.html
Attached Images

Starfire is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote