Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 4th October 2016, 03:55   #976
Default Re: Noise at high speeds in Fortuner

Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Have you checked the front wheel bearings?

Another reason may be that the front drive shafts are touching some metal projection. A visual inspection will easily show if that is so.
Thank you for the reply Aroy. We did a visual inspection by removing the front wheels. They also replaced the lower arms on both sides with their test Fortuner. The drive shafts touching a projection is unlikely going by visual inspection.

Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
I am reasonably sure this sound is from the front brakes. Please get the brake pads and disks checked.

Most likely, the disks are warped and would need to be replaced.

It does not matter if you touch the brakes or not. If your disks are warped even slightly, there would be such a noise a some speed.

Have you had your pads and disks replaced since you bought the car?

Incase the service centre does not agree, ask them to install the disks and pads from their TD Fortuner and then go for a test.

Let us know how this pans out.

The pads on Fortuner don't last very long (happens to my friend's fortuner too) so I've got them replaced twice thus far. This set too is on its last leg. I will ask them to install the disk from their test Fortuner and try. Each time the pads were changed, the disk was resurfaced. So I doubt if warping could be the issue. However, as you mentioned, I will try with the disk replacement.

Do you think it could be the transfer case or transmission box itself?

Thank you for the reply.
saishivaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 10:47   #977
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Test Drive & Review

If the noise is intermittent and comes only at high speeds it would normally not be from a gearbox. The transmission/gearbox noise builds up gradually to a high pitch at high speeds. The gearbox noise will depend on the RPM, while the rest of the transmission on the vehicle speed.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote