Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2014, 20:37   #916
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Not bad for a 500km round-trip with 6 ppl on board. Driven sedately with RPM within1800-3200 on pune expressway and around with AC.
Simply outstanding for me and thought to share with you all.

Somewhere near Talegaon while returning
Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-milege.jpg

Cheers

Last edited by roadjourno : 26th October 2014 at 20:40. Reason: pic correction
roadjourno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 21:04   #917
BHPian

Does anyone knows which AV head unit is used in the 2014 fortuner. I am trying to find a mirrorlink app to connect my Samsung galaxy note 2 with the car head unit
Old 1st November 2014, 21:33   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
Does anyone knows which AV head unit is used in the 2014 fortuner. I am trying to find a mirrorlink app to connect my Samsung galaxy note 2 with the car head unit
Mirrorlink won't work on the stock unit my friend. I have the Pioneer Appradio unit and that too has its own issues with mirrorlink with the note2.
Old 1st November 2014, 21:33   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
Does the Note 2 work with any mirrorlink app? Which firmware are your on?
Old 1st November 2014, 23:29   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Does the Note 2 work with any mirrorlink app? Which firmware are your on?
I am on Android 4.4.2
i haven't tried any other mirrorlink app
Old 8th November 2014, 19:18   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Actually, After driving a manual, it is difficult to get accustomed to an automatic, but it is just that your left foot will try to keep looking for a clutch and within a second you would realize it is an Automatic.

The corollary will not be an issue as you would automatically be compelled to shift to a higher gear when you see the RPM going high.

The difference in mileage is 1-2 kms at the max in city with AC on.
I've been driving MT all my life and just bought 4*2 AT 60 days back & I'm in love with AT. The convenience /hassle free drive in neck to neckt traffic is just unparallel. Most of the times in bumper to bumper traffic, you drive the car with only the breaks as slow running take it to 5-10 KMPH speed and it is so convenient - No gear, no clutch and no accelerator in bumper to bumper traffic

I drive in Delhi-Gurgaon frequently and once a month trip to highways (2 trips done already) and have not felt the need or miss the MT - power on Demand. I find the gear shifts smooth and car responds well at any RPM, just press the peddle and it shoots.

The second point of switching between MT and AT, I have a Swift and HCity MT and never had problem adjusting when I switch cars atall. I'm even contemplating selling my wife's swift and getting her a AT Hatch

Cheers
gaurav013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 00:14   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav013 View Post
I've been driving MT all my life and just bought 4*2 AT 60 days back & I'm in love with AT. The convenience /hassle free drive in neck to neckt traffic is just unparallel. Most of the times in bumper to bumper traffic, you drive the car with only the breaks as slow running take it to 5-10 KMPH speed and it is so convenient - No gear, no clutch and no accelerator in bumper to bumper traffic

I drive in Delhi-Gurgaon frequently and once a month trip to highways (2 trips done already) and have not felt the need or miss the MT - power on Demand. I find the gear shifts smooth and car responds well at any RPM, just press the peddle and it shoots.

The second point of switching between MT and AT, I have a Swift and HCity MT and never had problem adjusting when I switch cars atall. I'm even contemplating selling my wife's swift and getting her a AT Hatch

Cheers
Hi...I am planning to purchase the fortuner AT after much contemplation but need to know how is the drive quality as the Test Drive car that was sent was driven for 51,000 Kms and was making rattling noises. Also have the interiors of the fortuner changed recently? Most of my travel is going to be city traffic Delhi-Gurgaon and the rest on highways. if anyone can guide and help me as usual there are still no promotions or offerings on the Fortuner.
Old 21st November 2014, 18:07   #923
BHPian

I've been using for 3 months now and some of my friends have been using TFort for over 2 yrs, there is absolutely not rattling noise. Build quality is good hence you don't need to worry on that front

Ride quality is not the best and you can't expect to get a sedan like ride quality from a old school - butch like SUV, but my I'm satisfied with the ride quality on city and highways

Interiors have changed and there are black insets etc. there now which look much better

Promotions/Discounts are just not there, I tried to bargain hard across various showrooms in the city but no luck
Old 8th December 2014, 16:26   #924
Team-BHP Support

How many modes are there in the 4X4 lever? I tried to engage the lever and it went only to the front, one position (slightly right) I didn't move the vehicle.

It was a new 4X4 of a friend.
Old 8th December 2014, 18:23   #925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How many modes are there in the 4X4 lever? I tried to engage the lever and it went only to the front, one position (slightly right) I didn't move the vehicle.

It was a new 4X4 of a friend.
4H, 4HL, 4LL, neutral
  • 4H: 4 high, normal mode
  • 4HL: centre diff locked
  • 4LL: low range + centre diff locked
  • Neutral: for towing
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 21:55   #926
BHPian

Hi all

I have read and also heard from MGF Toyota Gurgaon that actually there are two models of Fortuner expected in 2015.

1. A 4X4 A/T with the same engine.

2. A 2.5 innova engine which would be priced slightly less.

Moreover the dealer even said that Toyota would further increase the price of the present 3.0 by around 50k in January.

I AM EXTREMELY CONFUSED COZ
A. I wish to buy a fortuner n I planned to buy a 2015 as it's already December. But January might make it costlier by another 50k. I don't know that this 50k story is to push the otherwise sluggish sales year end month by the sales guy.

B. If a new model would come than I may even opt for 2.5 coz my driving is with almost zero offroading. More over with new model there would be certain cosmetic change in looks too.

C. I might sound stupid coz my confusion didn't ends here. A friend of mine suggested a used fortuner to me which is April 2014 Delhi regustered 4X2 Manual with 8000km odo. The guy is asking 22 lac. A new one costs 26 lac. I have never bought a second hand vehicle ever. What should be a fair price n what should I look for if I explore this option further.

See I'm extremely confused.

Please help.
Old 14th December 2014, 17:56   #927
BHPian

Hi all

Plz help.

I need ur wisdom over my abovementioned queries
Old 22nd December 2014, 14:19   #928
BHPian

Fidodido,
Doesnt look like the new Fortuner may launch in Jan 15, do not know about the cost of Fortuner increasing in Jan too.
I was talking to one dealer last week only & he mentioned that there is a discount of 30,000/- on all Toyota models in this month EXCEPT Fortuner.
I think you should opt for the 2015 model, else if the preowned model can be vouched for ,its a good deal- 8k odo is negligible provided she's been run in properly.Hope this helps- gurus suggest if this is right.
Old 22nd December 2014, 15:11   #929
BHPian

Thanks nariman

What should be the right price for the pre owned Fort. Isn't 22 lac on the higher side?
I offered him 20.5 but he declined.
Old 29th December 2014, 17:29   #930
BHPian

If the showroom price on 4x2 is around 25/- then at 22 you are getting 3 lacks off for 8k on the odo isnt it? I would think thats an ok deal provided the service history & running in is above board. Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks