Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

Yep.

Speaking of stories, Ithink I should resume my auto writing, Its been months since I wrote any articles. maybe I can start again with a story on your Fiat restoration Gogi?

I'll try and put up a scan of my Lancia article too or better still show you the issue.

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd September 2007 at 15:42.
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Exactly what i was trying to tell speedy in my previous post IMHO, wheres the brilliance involved in engineering in designing if you chop off a car and try to make it look the same from the outside. I think the car was chopped before he recieved it and may have been put together, you know how the filmi guys are. In an old Dilip Kumar film "Dastaan" which I was watching on telly a few days ago, they actually threw a 47 buick down the mountain side for an accident shot. Im sure the car must've been put together again fo rsome action shot for another movie later
bhai i said his brilliance involved in engineeering in the sense of giveing the car life not about it being original. i appriciate the car not what it has inside after all it was a mustang. nothing on it is original like you too have pointed out.
the car was intact when it came to him and he has chopped the hood and the fenders to give it the more sporty hot roddish look.
if you have seen shaan the movie and i am sure you must have. in that two mustangs were destroyed in an action sceene.
Old 13th November 2007, 15:03   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

My cousin spotted a red and black convertible mustang in Goa, though with a Goa registration...has the same car reached Goa?
Old 14th November 2007, 17:20   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
My cousin spotted a red and black convertible mustang in Goa, though with a Goa registration...has the same car reached Goa?

Yes i would like to confirm that the car is definitely in Goa and not sold. However goa number plates surprise me????
Old 2nd May 2009, 16:07   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Cartel, I dont think your friend was trying to restore her in its full glory. I think he wanted more to modify her. This im saying is because nothing is restored in its originality in the car. Thats why maybe hes doing a kind of a hot rod version of it. Altough personally I dont like the paint, I know what work goes in this restoration bit. Ive seen the car closely at Juhu Bandh and noticed that even the upholstery is more of a custom job. Why I say this is because ive seen other cars being restored there too and those jobs are pretty detailed so he must have chosen to modify this Mustang. IMHO one should not do any bling on a Mustang. Please tell him to loose that horrid muffler tough and the ugly wheels too
words outta my mouth buddy.
I think it was better to leave it as the junk that it was than to scandalize a classic into something thats even difficult to recognize from the original now. Extreme opinion here? Extreme car dude...!
Old 2nd May 2009, 20:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangcollectr View Post
words outta my mouth buddy.
I think it was better to leave it as the junk that it was than to scandalize a classic into something thats even difficult to recognize from the original now. Extreme opinion here? Extreme car dude...!
Well said and its nothing but the Extreme truth mate!!
Old 12th August 2010, 12:27   #37
BHPian

Whether the car is restored to its original condition or not, but its a job worth appreciating because its not really that easy to bring this mustang back to life.
Old 21st January 2011, 21:32   #38
BHPian

Re: 66' Mustang - An American Horse's Reincarnation on Indian Street

Been seeing this baby over the past few weeks baby converted to RHD and in a wet look glossy black deep and rich. Had chrome wheel rims shouting out bling. Perfect for a old school Rockstar. Neat and ageless piece. Its got a formidable persona/character to it now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks