Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 10:35   #46
BHPian

Guys I am in my dilemma whether to go for the Altis MT or City MT. I liked the suspension and GC of altis as + for the altis and it seems more steadier as well.
for me FE is very important factor between deciding these two cars. .If there isn't much of a difference I would go for the altis.

Let me yr thoughts guys.
Old 9th December 2009, 11:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

It has to be Altis MT

Reason:
a) Higher segment car
b) More snob value
c) Better After sales support
d) Better space and built quality.
Old 9th December 2009, 11:33   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Innova: The best vehicle if you allow me choose. No regrets & you will never look back with great resale value. You will never sell even after 3 years or 100000 kms
The Engine is bullet proof even after being driven for 2 to 2.5 lacs kms.
I would say Innova - V model is the best bet and have all the bells & whistles you are looking for.
Not to mention the city driving is very easy with a minimum turning radius which is a boon for a length of this vehicle.
A perfect highway cruiser.Looks are subjective.
Yup, the Innova is a pleasure to drive on the highway. Its got loads of space and plush interiors. I've achieved 15kmpl from our petrol Innova, so a diesel variant should easily be able to give around 17-18kmpl.

Even on the handling front, it does a good job for its shape/size. Cornering is precise and very predictable.

Shan2nu
Old 9th December 2009, 12:01   #49
BHPian

I got the Cruze ltz last week. Previously I have been driving the Octavia. Cruze is just awesome to say the least. GC is very good.FE 12 overall with Highway(150KMPH) and City limits. Equipment level is very high standard. I am missing the AT but still its good to drive. The car feels solid as well. Suspension is satisfactory. Rear space less compared to Altis but more than Jetta and Laura. Novelty factor will be there in Cruze unlike the City or Altis. Honda and Toyota will have better re sale after 3 years. But Cruze wont be that bad as this is a Diesel Motor and in places like Coimbatore and Kochi diesel cars sell better. For my Skoda Octavia which had done 145000 kms in 7 years I got 2.80L from a Coimbatore buyer!!!
Old 9th December 2009, 12:13   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
Guys I am in my dilemma whether to go for the Altis MT or City MT. I liked the suspension and GC of altis as + for the altis and it seems more steadier as well.
for me FE is very important factor between deciding these two cars. .If there isn't much of a difference I would go for the altis.

Let me yr thoughts guys.
City MT will be surely more fuel efficient then Altis MT but will the difference be significant enough to tilt the decision away from Altis which is a car belonging to a segment higher and better in may aspects? Answer may be no.
Old 31st December 2009, 21:26   #51
BHPian

If you have money go for Altis, mate. There is a big difference between these two cars. In city usage you may not see a big difference but drive them on highway, you see the real difference. Altis, being wider and heavier, is much more confidence inspiring than the City. Consider Honda City only if you do not drive on highways and your city is not having large speed breakers.
Old 31st December 2009, 22:22   #52
Senior - BHPian

@VEA
Altis AT is the one for you, unless you are more inclined towards the manual in which case you could wait for the Altis diesel. The launch is in 2010 itself, a clear date will emerge during the AutoExpo next week.

@rauldsouza
Go for the Altis. How are you going to makeup for the extra comfort, safety, better A.S.S. experience of the Altis by gaining maybe 1-2 kms per liter in city driving. Sitting in the ANHC is like being in a tube. One keeps on bumping into the front passenger while changing gears and the car itself has a built to cost feel about it.

Last edited by khoj : 31st December 2009 at 22:33.
Old 1st January 2010, 23:18   #53
VEA
BHPian

@khoj
I've decided to wait a bit for the Kizashi as well. Just taking a bit more time. The Altis diesel will be out only this year end i guess, but the cruze AT may be available soon. More options in 3-4 months time i guess.
Old 2nd January 2010, 00:10   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
@khoj
I've decided to wait a bit for the Kizashi as well. Just taking a bit more time. The Altis diesel will be out only this year end i guess, but the cruze AT may be available soon. More options in 3-4 months time i guess.
@VEA that is a good call. I had the Kizashi at the back of my mind too. I am however doubtfull if they will launch the AWD version to start with and I am not sure about the quality of interiors. Plus I did not want to wait another year, so I went ahead last week and booked a cedia sports. BTW if you are willing to spend nearly 12 - 14 L on a suzuki, you may as well check out the new version of Jetta rumoured to come in as soon as the current lot of petrols sell out. It will be 1.4tsi with approx 130 hp and 20 kgm of torque complete with climatronic a/c, front fogs and other goodies that are missing in the petrol right now.
Old 2nd January 2010, 14:20   #55
VEA
BHPian

1.4 tsi sounds very interesting. I wrote a cheque for the booking amount on Altis, but then came the news about Kizashi and Altis diesel. i decided to delay my purchase a bit. I guess Kizashi may not be worth the wait too due to the quality of interiors, but let us see.
Old 5th January 2010, 00:42   #56
BHPian

Hi VEA

I just read your first post and last post. As I am short in time to couldnt go through all the pages. But a few things that I would say.
30K-40K a year is a lot of driving.
About Kizashi, its not known when it would be launched. But Toyota in general is a fantastic brand. Extremely high reliability. And Altis... its a superb car. Good to drive and the inside comfort is more than class leading.

If you can wait then, Altis Diesel makes the most sense. Are you sure it will be launched in a near time?
To be on a safer side, you can wait till the Auto Expo. If Toyota launches anything new then all good. But as of today, Altis is the best you can buy.
Goodluck!
Old 5th January 2010, 15:17   #57
VEA
BHPian

I heard the kisazhi might be launched at the expo. just waiting for some news at the expo. I drive a lot and diesel gives me peace of mind. but let me tell you, i was quite impressed by the petrol engine of the altis. Its just serene and peaceful. had enough of the diesel clatter over the years. I may be out of my mind, but petrol seems real good to me now. The last petrol i had was a swift and it had too much rattling and road noise. But the altis is brilliant.
Old 19th January 2010, 02:45   #58
Senior - BHPian

VEA,
In one of your earlier posts you did say no to the diesels this time around, however go out and TD the Cruze with the 5 speed auto/triptronic and you may just switch back to the black oil. I drove one this afternoon and it is a very driver oriented vehicle with a somewhat OKish back seat.
Old 5th February 2010, 06:47   #59
Team-BHP Support

Folks,

I was looking at the G and GL versions of Altis. I see that apart from Fabric (Leather vs regular fabric) the main differences are :

1. HID Headlamps with Retractable Washers
2. Whiplash Injury Lessening Seats (Driver Side)
3. 8 Way Power Driver Seat
4. Automatic Headlamps
5. Driver Seat Lumbar Support
6. Rear Sunshade.

There is 1.3L price difference between the two (11.2 to 12.5) ex-showroom. Seeing these features, I realized that apart from Lumber support and rear-sunshade, I did not feel rest were worth the money.

My questions:

1. Is that a fair conclusion?
2. How important is Lumbar support? How much difference can it make ?
3. Out of the list of items that I think are not needed, do you feel anything is worth it for the price to go for a GL version?
4. Can you install any of those features on the G version if needed?
Old 5th February 2010, 08:43   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Folks,

I was looking at the G and GL versions of Altis. I see that apart from Fabric (Leather vs regular fabric) the main differences are :

1. HID Headlamps with Retractable Washers
2. Whiplash Injury Lessening Seats (Driver Side)
3. 8 Way Power Driver Seat
4. Automatic Headlamps
5. Driver Seat Lumbar Support
6. Rear Sunshade.

There is 1.3L price difference between the two (11.2 to 12.5) ex-showroom. Seeing these features, I realized that apart from Lumber support and rear-sunshade, I did not feel rest were worth the money.

My questions:

1. Is that a fair conclusion?
3. Out of the list of items that I think are not needed, do you feel anything is worth it for the price to go for a GL version?
My 2c as a current owner of the Altis:
1. Is that a fair conclusion? - No, I believe the fully kitted Corolla makes a difference. I think what you get is worth the 1.2L. But then remember this depends from person to person. Ask a 100 people and you will get 100 different opinions. So do what you think is right for you.

Lumbar support is helpful when you are driving the car and not too useful if you will be driven around. From my experience I can tell you that it saves me from back pain.

3. Out of the list of items that I think are not needed, do you feel anything is worth it for the price to go for a GL version? HID Lamps make all the difference to night time driving! This is one of the main reasons I went in for the GL. To me it is a must have. After using HIDs trust me normal headlamps are a no-no. Someone might tell you that they can be fitted with aftermarket kits. The answer is yes, they can but the focus and quality of beam varies because the assembly for the HID and non HID versions of the car is different. Also you do not get D2R kits in the market. D2R HID bulbs are used in cars with reflectors & D2S in vehicles with projector headlamps

Yes you can install the sun shade. No for the others (if you're thinking of getting them fitted by Toyota's dealer). Aftermarket accessory shops will fit leather seat covers or redo your seat with leather of your choice.

Hope this helps

Rgds,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks