Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 28th July 2017, 23:06   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Startup shenanigans (including the TinyOwl episode)

Guys one thing I noticed today was that the smart phones of my hotel staff, who aren't too familiar with the usage, were flooded with apps from these so called startups. So basically these startups, they force install the apps, thanks to apps like uc-browser, app notifications pop up like every second and sometimes by mistake user touches it and they register clicks I guess. Specially in mobiles like intex where there are few pre-installed apps which keep generating full screen pop-ups.

The point of whole post is that these apps are getting download via unethical ways in mobiles of users who can't even register for service. But, in the end the companies have the numbers, that their user database is in millions and increasing consistently. The funds keep flowing in with the number of downloads increasing, but productivity I believe is next to '0'.

Thanks to Jio (it made t-series the most watched youtube channel in the world) these kinds of startups are able to survive till now, but a huge collapse in these 'numbers' would come when one fine day data restrictions will return.

Its kind of cheating, both the investors and common public. The people who aren't familiar with the smartphone usage are the worst hit, they have unwanted apps which clutter their mobile making the whole usage very frustrating. Then they get conned by service center guys for re-flashing the ROM. It becomes a never ending circle until someone disables and force stops the ad generating apps.

I wish there was a survey on these so called IT startups which have huge user database and million app downloads but very low productivity. It could save both the investors and public.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th July 2017 at 01:09. Reason: Spaces between paragraphs - improves readability. Thanks!
wrongturn is offline   Reply With Quote