Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2008, 15:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Even our Tata Sky account was deactivated last night. I hope the activation process isn't complicated.

I hope someone comes up with HD broadcast (atleast as an option). DVD quality might look great on a 29" CRT but it fails to impress on a big screen.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 11th May 2008 at 15:48.
Old 11th May 2008, 20:52   #17
ECM
BHPian

For general benifits kindly note down what to do if your service stopped inspite you have paid to them OR same experence like me.
Write an email to help@tatasky.com give your sub.ID,name and details of transaction number generated in your a.c-you will get a tel.call fm their office,mind you do NOT send a copy of your a/c as you are NOT suppose to do it.
For fast responce fax all details to this tel no.of their B'Lore a.c office.
080-22163330.
Generously discuss any problems you have faced like mine this help a lot and creates awareness among the group of people and next time if someone goes threw same experence he will have some background of what to do and what not to do.
Thanks.
Old 11th May 2008, 21:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

@ECM.. by any chance, did you use Mozilla/safari/Opera browser for payment?

If you did. then try IE from next time (CCAvenue, Payseal have not woken up to see these browsers yet).
Old 11th May 2008, 22:02   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Even our Tata Sky account was deactivated last night. I hope the activation process isn't complicated.

I hope someone comes up with HD broadcast (atleast as an option). DVD quality might look great on a 29" CRT but it fails to impress on a big screen.

Shan2nu
i think as soon as you refill it the account is supposed to get activated within 48 hours or something.

im sure in the next 2 years or so they will get hd.
Old 11th May 2008, 23:03   #20
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
@ECM.. by any chance, did you use Mozilla/safari/Opera browser for payment?

If you did. then try IE from next time (CCAvenue, Payseal have not woken up to see these browsers yet).
Ya NFB I use IE only,thx for your feedback.As I said till the last episode I never had such problem but this time.....
Old 11th May 2008, 23:05   #21
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i think as soon as you refill it the account is supposed to get activated within 48 hours or something.

im sure in the next 2 years or so they will get hd.
Very IMP.
When ever you pay/refill your account,always see that your STB is On,if its Off than you will have to call DTH co.to reactivate it again.
Above is applicable to those whose service has been deactivated.

Last edited by ECM : 11th May 2008 at 23:12. Reason: Small correction
Old 11th May 2008, 23:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
Oh this is even worst and I wonder when these people will learn ways to deal with their customers,very sad indeed dear aagg.
Yes, it was a sad experience. I hope that nobody ever again receives such treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Tata - VSNL sucks. a friend of mine in pune was horribly overcharged by them. he had netlimiter logs to prove that he hadnt downloaded anything. even the usage logs from the tata site favoured him. he escalated it , and then suddenly the graphs changed overnight.

He couldnt switch ISP's since the flatwallahs were acting in collusion with the TATA VSNL guys . he put up for a few months , and luckily he got a transfer back home
Next time whenever any such problem crops up, wireless internet connection could be a good solution. We right now have wireless internet and this is the one that is slower than cable, but its consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
aggo - vsnl service does suck. inspite of my dad being in the tatas they were charging us rs4500 for one month when the charge shouldve been rs1600. we just didnt pay and changed our isp to ttml which is so much better. and i actually get the promised speed.
Every sunday the internet wont work in case of TATA-VSNL. The time period, for which we had this ISP, it was internet nightmare. I was much happier with dial up done from Nokia N73. It was mostly better in speed and consistency as compared to that TATA-VSNL.
Old 12th May 2008, 15:41   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

Every sunday the internet wont work in case of TATA-VSNL. The time period, for which we had this ISP, it was internet nightmare. I was much happier with dial up done from Nokia N73. It was mostly better in speed and consistency as compared to that TATA-VSNL.
tell me about it. i had the vsnl engineers number on my speed dial.
Old 13th May 2008, 15:42   #24
BHPian

My Tata Sky STB failed to power-on last Saturday. Was not in town and got the info from my folks. They preferred to wait until my return to solve the problem as we have a backup cable connection.
I was in the impression that my connection was installed on 17th May'07 and was relaxed reg. the one year warranty having not expired. Reached home on Monday i.e 12th to see that the installation date was 13th and immediately called up to lodge the complaint so that I dont lose out. They gave the standard 24 hr period for sending engineer. Luckily by Monday evening, engineer turns up with a replacement STB and states that your product is out of warranty and you have to pay Rs. 600.
I asked him to scoot if the warranty is not honoured and I would discontinue the service but not pay.
He calls up his "High Command" who decides to honour the warranty and so the replacement takes place and the connection is up.
So these operators dont lose out on an opportunity to fleece you, if you are not careful.
I was plain lucky to having beaten them this time.
Old 13th May 2008, 16:01   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I am using TS since last 7 months and no issues till date either with payment or transmission. Both seem to work flawlessly ( atleast till date).

However, i recharge through my friendly neighbourhood TS dealer who delivers the coupon at doorstep. So no issues whatsoever!
Old 13th May 2008, 16:03   #26
Team-BHP Support

about ts have been using it since aug 2006. no problems till date.
Old 28th May 2008, 15:37   #27
BHPian

Tata Sky services degrading similar to Tata Telecom

Services from Tata Sky are getting worse by the day.
I was shocked to see them drop two channels from the Regional - Malayalam this week onwards. One of them Amritha a popular channel !! My old age parents are upset about it.

The worst part is that though they have an alert service, no alerts are issued. I tried their call centres - Western Region and Southern Region..no response except for automated messages. Finally I got through to their Northern region number yesterday. The guy tells me that as part of removal of channels which are not popular they removed the channels from all packages.
I also got an email ( I had logged a complaint on their website) stating that as they are facing bandwidth saturation, they have to drop few channels to accomodate new channels.

So now I am waiting for BigTV in a big way !! Unfortunately they have stopped all promotional offers and are to come out with the commercial launch soon in Navi Mumbai.

To conclude it seems the Tata management is out to destroy their brandname which was associated for ages with the trust and confidence they generate in customers.
Old 28th May 2008, 16:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

They did the same by removing some kannada channels (zee, suvarna)
Old 28th May 2008, 16:34   #29
BHPian

So far they didnt remove any tamil channels...

Fortunately I didnt face any issues, so its going smooth till now.
Old 28th May 2008, 16:36   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Fortunately i didn't get Tata Sky... just got my BigTV connection... haven't watched TV much all day but i can certainly say that the quality and functionality was much better than Tata Sky or Dish.

So far 160+ channels and the offer is still on.. i got 3000rs for 5 months free including set top box and installation under the Reliance Energy user scheme.

Last edited by Sahil : 28th May 2008 at 16:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks