Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2008, 00:36   #46
ECM
BHPian

The other simplier process is like this,
send a weather chart or a moon photo, you would start in the upper left corner. You would send the value of that pixel (dot), black, white, or perhaps a shade of gray. Then you would move over one pixel to the right, and send that pixel, and so on, until you reach the edge of the chart. Then you'd move all the way back to the left edge, and move down slightly, one line, and repeat the process. This is nothing but a simple modulation over the wave,such waves are very weak but huge parabolic antenna at earth station picks up these waves,nice question indeed.
Here is another process to show them in color,
Color Coded Signals

When a satellite takes an image from space, the value of each pixel is changed into a radio signal and sent to Earth. Here on Earth the radio signal is changed back into an image. A satellite image is comprised of thousands of pixels.
Satellites typically transmit pixels with assigned values of 0 to 255, with 0 representing pure black and 255 pure white. Intermediate values are represented by varying shades of gray which may be translated to colors ("false colored") by a computer to make the image easier to understand.
Create a satellite image of colored pixels to detect subtle detail in your "transmitted" imagery.
1. To introduce the idea of how pixels combine to produce a recognizable image, look at the image on a computer monitor with a magnifying lens.
2. Newspaper photographs and television images are also made up of pixels. To illustrate use a photocopier to enlarge a newspaper photograph to several times its normal size.
2. Assign a block of values, such as

Pixel ValueNumberColor0-450Black46-901Dark Blue91-1352Light Blue136-1803Orange181-2254Yellow226-2555White

Last edited by ECM : 15th November 2008 at 00:44.
Old 15th November 2008, 00:54   #47
Senior - BHPian

Now the mission is well and truly a success - kudos to the few million man-hours spent on the mission, kudos to the hundreds of unseen faces behind this remarkable success story and kudos to the team that managed the whole project. A zero-error-first-attempt success of this magnitude is unimaginable and I'm sure there are a lot of process and management lessons to be learnt from this fantastic success story.

We struggle on a daily basis to deliver stuff that is not even a millionth fraction in complexity - the success of this mission is very very humbling to all of us who struggle with (comparatively) tiny issues on a daily basis. I'm personally struggling to push a project thru before the end of the year and I know exactly what I'm going to tell my team on Sunday morning.

Last edited by Steeroid : 15th November 2008 at 00:56.
Old 15th November 2008, 01:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

Respect to all those involved with this project. It is such projects that we should be proud of and those involved lauded for their achievement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks