Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 25th June 2009, 12:20   #16
BHPian

Thank you all for all the suggestions you have given.

Citibank has agreed to stop the payment, However this is only an oral conversation which happened now with one of their top managers. How can I get this in writing? Or Is there anything we have to do now, just to make sure all is well.
crn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 13:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man. Glad to know things are getting sorted. Send a mail to the manager stating whatever was discussed and ask him to acknowledge.
sammyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 18:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Congrats man. Glad to know things are getting sorted. Send a mail to the manager stating whatever was discussed and ask him to acknowledge.
Yup, done that sammyboy, I am yet to receive the ack from their end I would wait for sometime & get back to them
crn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 15:03   #19
Oxy
BHPian

Default Re: Online Credit Card Scam...Pls help!!

Ok, so now I am the latest victim.

This is on my HDFC bank World Mastercard credit card. On Friday afternoon, I receive four messages on the trot within seven minutes of fraudulent transactions amounting to nearly Rs.17,000 on a website called Macys while the card is in my possession.

Immediately called up the customer care and got the card blocked. They tell me to dispute the transactions by filling in a form available at their website and mail it to their Chennai office. Immediately run to a nearby post office and speed posted the form.

Now I am told the investigation is going to take 45 days. Does anyone here have an idea what normally happens when a transaction is disputed? Like how do they conclude if the transactions have been made by me or not?
Oxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 15:52   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post

This is on my HDFC bank World Mastercard credit card. On Friday afternoon, I receive four messages on the trot within seven minutes of fraudulent transactions amounting to nearly Rs.17,000 on a website called Macys while the card is in my possession.

Immediately called up the customer care and got the card blocked. They tell me to dispute the transactions by filling in a form available at their website and mail it to their Chennai office. Immediately run to a nearby post office and speed posted the form.

Now I am told the investigation is going to take 45 days. Does anyone here have an idea what normally happens when a transaction is disputed? Like how do they conclude if the transactions have been made by me or not?
A similar thing happened to two of my friends in office with their HDFC credit cards and this was in the recent past. One guy's card was fraudulently charged for around Rs.11,000 and the other guy's card was charged for around Rs.50,000/-. These two amounts were the credit available in their respective cards. Upon checking the transaction history online it looked like the fraud was from Europe.

For both of these guys the fraud happened in two steps, one straight after the other. In the first step of the fraud transaction a small amount was charged from the card and upon its success and in the next moment a second fraud transaction happens and this time its for the balance credit available for that particular card. My friend told me that, even before he could make of what was happening the second fraud transaction was done and for the bigger amount.

They both filed disputes with the Bank and like you said it has to reach Chennai, and thankfully the dispute was settled in their favour and the amount was rolled back.
Sankar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 16:06   #21
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post

HDFC calls customers in case of high value transactions happening at POS terminals even before customer can sign on charge slip, but not in case on online transactions. It should be the case for online also for enhanced security.
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote