Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2008, 10:28   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Couldn't agree with you more!. EGL roads are a pain to get through. I have numerous clients there and detest the place because of the speedbreakers. Pity, I love the secure parking though :-)

IMO, they should have spent some money and built a mini-flyover or a underpass under the IRR for cars to cross over to the other side. That U-turn just after the S-curve is a notorious danger spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Is your office in the 'Embassy Golf Links Business Park' campus? Mine is and these speed-breakers are an absolute pain.
Old 21st January 2008, 12:05   #17
BANNED

Speedbreakers made by Tar itself on Tar raods are quite OK but to cross these rubber speedbreakers are painful specially for low profile tyres, it make thud sound every time.
Old 21st January 2008, 17:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Speedbreakers made by Tar itself on Tar raods are quite OK but to cross these rubber speedbreakers are painful specially for low profile tyres, it make thud sound every time.
The would also destroy your car's suspension in time, coz the thuds mean ur suspension is getting its maximum workout
Old 21st January 2008, 17:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Is your office in the 'Embassy Golf Links Business Park' campus? Mine is and these speed-breakers are an absolute pain.
yeah EGL ...

20 20
Old 21st January 2008, 18:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

@itwasntme ... that U turn is deadly ,need to be highly visible there .

One more new thing I have noticed at this U turn . A traffic cop,parks his bike at this turn and flags cars (usually from outside KA and other vehicels which ever he likes) to stop . But usually ppl just zip past ignoring him . Its a trap at other end due to traffic pile up and a signal . The cop hopes on to the bike traps them at the singnal or the traffic and you know what happens next... .So stop when he flags you .

Last edited by black12rr : 21st January 2008 at 18:21.
Old 21st January 2008, 20:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
yeah EGL ...

20 20
me too go over these EGL's newest security gadgets everyday....6 times while entering the office and 7 while going out! all in a distance of few 100mts!

my theory is, seeing the rate at which he installed those humps all around, EGL owner might have just bought the factory manufacturing these humps!
Old 21st January 2008, 23:32   #22
BHPian

u guys want to see breakers?? Come inside BEML gate near HAL Airport.... then you'll know what speed "BREAKERS" are. Not just one, but 3 monstrous ones!! When it was first put (its pure concrete by the way), my Pulsar scratched its underbelly. Just thinking about taking the Baleno over that gave me nightmares. After 2 days (and I am sure, lots of complaints) I saw workers with hammers and chisels trying to make it smaller. That's like cutting marble with a butter knife. But, they managed to reduce the height by 2 inches or so, but still a lot of vehicles still get their underbellies scratched. And just yesterday, they were trying to increase the slope using cement hoping that it would solve the problem. Talk about efficiency. 3 times they tried to put up the speed breakers and they have failed. Now there is always a huge jam because of low floor cars trying to negotiate the speed breakers as safely as possible.

Which reminds me.... isn't there a standard speed breaker size in any rule book?

Whatever you guys may say about the cement speed breaker put up in front of the SJR Tech Park, at least they dont screw the underpart of your car. Moreover, the speed breakers made of tar in front of SAP Labs and Satya Sai Hospital were put up the authorites after they resurfaced the road. I feel that it's a good thing because the cab drivers just used to rip on that road. And if in case someone has a bad memory, those speed breakers came up about 3 days after a young man lost his life in an unfortunate bike accident in front of SAP labs.
Old 22nd January 2008, 09:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post
And if in case someone has a bad memory, those speed breakers came up about 3 days after a young man lost his life in an unfortunate bike accident in front of SAP labs.
That is unfortunate indeed. More unfortunate is that there were two more accidents on the same spot last week- this time bang on top of the speed-breakers.

Note- I haven't seen the vehicles involved. But I did see shattered glass parts are two places
Old 22nd January 2008, 10:42   #24
BHPian

All these government and civil services morons work with their brains in the trash can.
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:00   #25
BHPian

re EGL speedbreakers, one of the challenges is the fact that there is a lot of overspeeding by the cab drivers and a lot people working in the offices there. Even though the speedlimit signs are there, people like to rip which can be dangerous to other road users.

Till the time there is no self discipline in all of us (including myself), these external ways of enforcing are required. A sad but honest fact.

Rgds
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

LOL, seems like we can have a mini TBHP meet within EGL itself! I am also a daily victim of these EGL speedbreakers.
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:30   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
LOL, seems like we can have a mini TBHP meet within EGL itself! I am also a daily victim of these EGL speedbreakers.
I am in for it....who knows we might be meeting each other everyday in the long queues@adigas

Regards,
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear about the proposed meet over speed-breaker. A thread started to vent frustration is leading to something more pleasant
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:27   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post

Seems like we dont need ANY reason for any meet. Have fun Guys
Old 22nd January 2008, 16:35   #30
BHPian

Couple of years ago, in Mumbai, somebody filed a PIL against un-authorised speed breakers and the High Court ordered all unauthorised speed-breakers to be demolished. This was actually carried out.

Could you guys try something similar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks