Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2009, 13:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

First, they build the roads, then they dug-up!
Atleast, the authorities should ensure whoever dugs-up the road, should restore it soon, else that dept should be fined or banned from undertaking such ventures in future!
But, who in BBMP is bothered about public grievances?

BBMP is the worst Muncipal corporation I have ever seen.
Last Sunday during heavy rains, a 8-year old boy accidentally fell into a open drain in Lingarajapuram, he was instantly washed away.
Four days later, he is yet to be found!

And BBMP Chairman blames the mother for going out in the rain!

Blore folks, if it rains, please stay indoors for your own safety!

Last edited by finneyp : 4th June 2009 at 13:03.
Old 4th June 2009, 13:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Well Guys, My apartment is right behing the apollo hospital. I just start fresh in the car and take about 30-45 mins to reach Delmia circle and carry on for another 1hr to 1.5 hrs to whitefield.
Why don't you take the route from Hosur Rd? You can take the road between HSBC & IIM Campus, go to the end of it & reach Hosur Rd, take left on Hosur Rd to reach Silk Board Junction. It's shorter & quicker for sure.

Lemme know if you want detailed directions.
Old 4th June 2009, 13:23   #18
D-Man

And i took a place on bannerkatta road thinking it to be a good one LOL

Old 4th June 2009, 13:36   #19
gpa
Senior - BHPian

I will stay away from BG road. Usually, I used to take it to reach Kanakapura road, but now with the work happening on this stretch, its best avoided
Old 4th June 2009, 14:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
There are a couple of things that the traffic police is doing to ease the situation though:
1. Trucks are not allowed to go down this road. They are forced to take diversion just after Hulimavu.
2. Buses take diversion at Adigas.

This insures that they all dont end up at the same spot, causing further grief.

So, although situation is bad, it could have been much worse.
@ Amit i agree with you. There are cops to be seen all around the stretch diverting traffic and i must say they are doing a good job but what i fail to understand is why has the work been stopped in the so called canal completely. If they had no plans of fixing it then why dig it up ??

Quote:
They are doing some maintenance work on some RAJA Canal (God knows what it is) in Bilekahalli to fix the water blocking issue during rains in that stretch. Thats the reason why the traffic is diverted from the inside to make all our days worst possible.
I just don't see any work going on or am i missing out something ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
First, they build the roads, then they dug-up!
Atleast, the authorities should ensure whoever dugs-up the road, should restore it soon, else that dept should be fined or banned from undertaking such ventures in future!
But, who in BBMP is bothered about public grievances?
Exactly !! there is absolutely no planning and coordination. As you said the dept should be fined for causing so much of inconvenience to the public.
Old 4th June 2009, 14:27   #21
BHPian

This morning it was absolute chaos at bannerhetta road. There was huge traffic pile up and It took me almost 45 minute to reach from the flyover to appolo hospital junction. The reason being that there was huge pit opposite the maruti showroom and water flowing out of it, innundating the right side of the road.
Old 4th June 2009, 14:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
This morning it was absolute chaos at bannerhetta road. There was huge traffic pile up and It took me almost 45 minute to reach from the flyover to appolo hospital junction. The reason being that there was huge pit opposite the maruti showroom and water flowing out of it, innundating the right side of the road.
Dude are you sure this was the reason?? I ask because the first diversion was at the JalBhavan juncture, what was this for then?? And then another one at the Indian Oil petrol bunk junction.

Also, guys how long do you think these diversions are going to be there? Is it like a long term nuisance, or is it supposed to be normalized tommorrow?
Old 4th June 2009, 14:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
BBMP is the worst Muncipal corporation I have ever seen.
Last Sunday during heavy rains, a 8-year old boy accidentally fell into a open drain in Lingarajapuram, he was instantly washed away.
Four days later, he is yet to be found!

And BBMP Chairman blames the mother for going out in the rain!

Blore folks, if it rains, please stay indoors for your own safety!
Quote:
They are doing some maintenance work on some RAJA Canal (God knows what it is) in Bilekahalli to fix the water blocking issue during rains in that stretch. Thats the reason why the traffic is diverted from the inside to make all our days worst possible.
Raja Kaluve means "Main canal" where all minor canals join to become a big one. What I heard is that the kid who fell is still not traced, and they ended up at this to try their luck.
Pathetic situation that at the first place a boy falls into unprotected trench.
Not sure about the real reason for this works though...
Old 4th June 2009, 15:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
OT : @Shreyasma - I have seen your saaki many times and even i stay behind apollo hospital.
Jump on me the next time you see me, i will stop for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud_Dodo View Post
Why don't you take the route from Hosur Rd? You can take the road between HSBC & IIM Campus, go to the end of it & reach Hosur Rd, take left on Hosur Rd to reach Silk Board Junction. It's shorter & quicker for sure.

Lemme know if you want detailed directions.
Agree! but the roads are bad. I am concerned about my "White horse". Anyways, i get to spend more time with her listening to music.

Last edited by shreyasma : 4th June 2009 at 15:07.
Old 4th June 2009, 15:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
They are doing some maintenance work on some RAJA Canal (God knows what it is) in Bilekahalli to fix the water blocking issue during rains in that stretch.
Some more insight on the BG Road work near Bilekahalli (opp to Ranka colony)

This storm water drain project connects the JP Nagar puttenahalli lake with
the madiwala lake. The proposal is to build two channels from existing one channel.

This work has been going on for more than one year in the by-lane next to ranka colony (where there is Raaga and Potluck restaurants). We had been really waiting for this moment to see how effectively they connect across the BG road. There were talks of using pre-cast structures and all. But as usual, BBMP has dug up the road and thinking about the design of drain.

First they have started doing this work at the real bad time.
1. Imminent monsoon
2. Reopening of schools and traffic in full.

Secondly to add to woes, there is some more maintenance work being carried out opp to Spar. All this adds to the already messy BG road traffic.
Old 4th June 2009, 15:48   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
I remember a SMS poll organized by some news channel around 3.5 yrs back for worst roads in Indian metro Cities, and BG road came first
I used to live on BG road then. Sometimes I used to take 30 minutes to go left, take U-turn and get back in front of the apartment complex. All this just to turn right.
Old 4th June 2009, 16:15   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I used to live on BG road then. Sometimes I used to take 30 minutes to go left, take U-turn and get back in front of the apartment complex. All this just to turn right.
The same problem still persists. From the lane next to ranka colony to proceed towards Dairy circle side, take left on the BG road, cross the bilekahalli singal, take U turn at the next junction, cross the bilekahalli signal again .
Old 4th June 2009, 16:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
The same problem still persists. From the lane next to ranka colony to proceed towards Dairy circle side, take left on the BG road, cross the bilekahalli singal, take U turn at the next junction, cross the bilekahalli signal again .
While i agree its an inconvenience for you, but if you look at how it eases the flow of traffic on the main road, maybe it will put you a little at ease.
You may say:
1. "Give me a right turn onto Bannerghatta road when i reach BG Road." Result: Another traffic light. Another stoppage for main road traffic.
2. "Ok, i'll take left turn, but give me U turn at Bilekahalli." Result: More waiting period for main road traffic. This time, oncoming traffic waits for you to complete your u turn.
3. "Sigh! Ok ok.. i will sacrifice some of my time and energy and let things be as they are". Result: You happy, everyone happy! This U turn junction hardly has any traffic coming from side lanes and is much wider to allow main road traffic to flow uninterrupted.

Inspite of all the complaining and criticising, I have seen Bannerghatta road develop immensely over the past 5 years. And sometimes the traffic police does use logic in implementing one ways and no right turns. You just have to take yourself out of the picture to see it.
Old 4th June 2009, 16:38   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
Some more insight on the BG Road work near Bilekahalli (opp to Ranka colony)

Gottaytu ree...Man I pity the residents of that road man. They are the worst hit of all.

One sunday, few weeks ago, I was washing, cleaning and polishing the car. It was sparkling clean when done putting a smile on my face. The same evening, wifey asked me to take her to mastkalandar for dinner (located on the same ranka colony road). Was about to start and it started raining. Well had no choice but to take out the car even though the restaurant was less than 0.5 km. Was cursing the Govt as soon as i entered this S**tty road. I couldnt eat properly. Came back and took a look at the car. My sparkling superior white car was now in the reddish shade with my white alloys completely covered with mud.

My dad asked me if I had gone off-roading with the horse.

Never can forget that day. Washed the car again for 2 hours and went to bed

Last edited by shreyasma : 4th June 2009 at 16:40.
Old 4th June 2009, 16:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

When I was in Bangalore, our group of friends had nicknamed Bannerghatta Road as BannergaDDHA road (potholes - Gaddha), does it still live upto its expectations ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks