Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2013, 15:04   #151
BHPian
 
///RMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 649
Thanked: 991 Times
Default Re: My Kleemann K4 : 650 BHP and 900 NM of torque!

Mr.Gemballa's sweet (and bonkers) ride posing
Attached Thumbnails
My Kleemann K4 : 650 BHP and 900 NM of torque!-gemballa.jpg  

///RMan is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 21:27   #152
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 188 Times
Default Re: My Kleemann K4 : 650 BHP and 900 NM of torque!

This car already on sale within 3 months after all that was done to it....kinda strange to me. I wish a potential owner was given a clean unmolested and or unmoded car to consider. With all that has been done to it, some good, and some awe full makes it difficult to consider. I prefer original aesthetics and work done on it frankly is meaningless to the purist. Perhaps there many boy hearted racers who may consider it. I like the original owners philosophy in the way he either keeps cars original or does modifies them with subtle and model specific aesthetically more appealing mods
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 21:58   #153
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,669 Times
Default Re: My Kleemann K4 : 650 BHP and 900 NM of torque!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
This car already on sale within 3 months after all that was done to it....kinda strange to me. I wish a potential owner was given a clean unmolested and or unmoded car to consider. With all that has been done to it, some good, and some awe full makes it difficult to consider. I prefer original aesthetics and work done on it frankly is meaningless to the purist. Perhaps there many boy hearted racers who may consider it. I like the original owners philosophy in the way he either keeps cars original or does modifies them with subtle and model specific aesthetically more appealing mods
What was done besides the wrap in the past 3 months? Some major mods?

I mean the wrap can just be pulled off with no damage to the paint.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 22:03   #154
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 188 Times
Default Re: My Kleemann K4 : 650 BHP and 900 NM of torque!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
What was done besides the wrap in the past 3 months? Some major mods?

I mean the wrap can just be pulled off with no damage to the paint.
Not sure how major or minor, lost track. Perhaps previous pages on this thread may answer your question. I think the wheels too are recent addition. I also recall some more power was added recently upping the bhp output.

Regarding wrap being pulled out etc. I am no expert but certain trim parts don't go back the same way once removed without complete replacement. Also when strong adhesives based applicants when needed to be separated, there is no 100% guarantee that paint remains intact every where added to which cleaning and restoring paint with detailing may result in minor paint damage. Not really seen any wrap removing been down so far locally to really be sure it is being done well. Would not want to be a Guineapig in india in such un chartered territory

Last edited by canonball : 6th November 2013 at 22:18.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 00:12   #155
BHPian
 
///RMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 649
Thanked: 991 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post

Not sure how major or minor, lost track. Perhaps previous pages on this thread may answer your question. I think the wheels too are recent addition. I also recall some more power was added recently upping the bhp output.

Regarding wrap being pulled out etc. I am no expert but certain trim parts don't go back the same way once removed without complete replacement. Also when strong adhesives based applicants when needed to be separated, there is no 100% guarantee that paint remains intact every where added to which cleaning and restoring paint with detailing may result in minor paint damage. Not really seen any wrap removing been down so far locally to really be sure it is being done well. Would not want to be a Guineapig in india in such un chartered territory
As far as the wrapped parts are concerned, they can be unwrapped and it will look like it never had anything done it to it.
As for certain parts, which are painted like the grille for example, would need to be redone/repainted if the original look is wanted.
///RMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 22:17   #156
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 188 Times
Default Re: My Kleemann K4 : 650 BHP and 900 NM of torque!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
As far as the wrapped parts are concerned, they can be unwrapped and it will look like it never had anything done it to it.
As for certain parts, which are painted like the grille for example, would need to be redone/repainted if the original look is wanted.
Hey rMan have you seen any unwrapped (not wrap replacement) car in india?...for that matter witnessed unwrapping process? I believe wrapping itself is fairly new in india.

Last edited by canonball : 7th November 2013 at 22:36.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 22:35   #157
Senior - BHPian
 
Unknownsatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 1,445 Times
Default Re: My Kleemann K4 : 650 BHP and 900 NM of torque!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Hey rMan have you seen any unwrapped (not wrap replacement) car in india?...for that matter witnessed unwrapping process? I believe wrapping itself is faily new in india.
Red R8 V10 from TN had done red chrome wrapping which was later removed. From what I have heard from a person who has seen the car, there is absolutely no damage to the original paint.
Unknownsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 22:45   #158
Senior - BHPian
 
S2!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,810
Thanked: 9,104 Times
Default Re: My Kleemann K4 : 650 BHP and 900 NM of torque!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Hey rMan have you seen any unwrapped (not wrap replacement) car in india?...for that matter witnessed unwrapping process? I believe wrapping itself is fairly new in india.
Even insideman's previous ride - the M3 was wrapped in matte black for a short duration but was removed soon.

Last edited by S2!!! : 7th November 2013 at 22:47.
S2!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 00:17   #159
BHPian
 
///RMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 649
Thanked: 991 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post

Hey rMan have you seen any unwrapped (not wrap replacement) car in india?...for that matter witnessed unwrapping process? I believe wrapping itself is fairly new in india.
Yes sir have seen an unwrapped car and it looks exactly the same as it was before being wrapped.
For example Insidemans M3, as mentioned above, which was done from the same place where the E55 was done up.
Have seen the M3 wrapped and post wrap removal too and nothing looked amiss atleast to the naked eye.

Know the wrap guy too who did it and the original paints have absolutly no aftereffects due to the adhesives or wraps per se,except, as I mentioned earlier the painted parts which need to be redone

Last edited by ///RMan : 8th November 2013 at 00:24.
///RMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 09:27   #160
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 188 Times
Default Re: My Kleemann K4 : 650 BHP and 900 NM of torque!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
Yes sir have seen an unwrapped car and it looks exactly the same as it was before being wrapped.
For example Insidemans M3, as mentioned above, which was done from the same place where the E55 was done up.
Have seen the M3 wrapped and post wrap removal too and nothing looked amiss atleast to the naked eye.

Know the wrap guy too who did it and the original paints have absolutly no aftereffects due to the adhesives or wraps per se,except, as I mentioned earlier the painted parts which need to be redone

Yup naked eye that's the one I have my reservations on . For me its ok on regular car that could be junked in 15 years, but who am I kidding most good cars are sent to the dogs anyway as our boorish cash windfall boosted and or newly en cashed lot will make sure every hand that it goes through leaves their unique mark Strictly going by any valuation norms, and order of preferences a car that has never been wrapped is more desirable.

Last edited by canonball : 8th November 2013 at 09:29.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 13:16   #161
BHPian
 
///RMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 649
Thanked: 991 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post

Yup naked eye that's the one I have my reservations on . For me its ok on regular car that could be junked in 15 years, but who am I kidding most good cars are sent to the dogs anyway as our boorish cash windfall boosted and or newly en cashed lot will make sure every hand that it goes through leaves their unique mark Strictly going any valuation norms, and order of preferences a car that has never been wrapped is more desirable.
Well I have seen the M upclose and I dont think there was any problem with the paintjob it had.
The original paint is desirable no doubt but if you are bored and wrap your car for a few months, I don't think it affects the value of a car.

Just out of curiosity, have you seen any car which had its paintjob spoilt after being unwrapped ?
And if so,were the wraps used of a reputed brand/make or Chinese ripoffs ?
///RMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 22:18   #162
A.K
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: India.
Posts: 1,560
Thanked: 2,517 Times
Default

Well this has gone wayy too

And canonball, I dont know what made you think that wrapping cars damages the paint, unless you had your car wrapped/saw a car wrapped, with cheap chinese wraps.
It absolutely does no harm to the paint, standing examples being insideman's M3 and even AM's M3 and also as Unknownsatan mentioned, the R8V10. Post wrap a detailing job or even a good wash does its job to get back the paint's sheen. It doesnt damage the paint, and if it did, I am sure we wouldnt have so many supercars wrapped.
A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 15:51   #163
BHPian
 
TRANSAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 558
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: My Kleemann K4 : 650 BHP and 900 NM of torque!

Shes now up for grabs in Mumbai, at a dealer on Marine drive, asking 25 lacs, invoiced at approx 1.4 crs.
TRANSAM is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 16:09   #164
BHPian
 
dean5545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mumbai
Posts: 660
Thanked: 785 Times
Default Re: My Kleemann K4 : 650 BHP and 900 NM of torque!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
Shes now up for grabs in Mumbai, at a dealer on Marine drive, asking 25 lacs, invoiced at approx 1.4 crs.
Any particular reason for such a low price?
dean5545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 16:15   #165
BHPian
 
TRANSAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 558
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: My Kleemann K4 : 650 BHP and 900 NM of torque!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Any particular reason for such a low price?
True, Its a 2006, MH-12 registered in Pune, with 20k on the odo, but then again these cars do depreciate rapidly. A friend of mine is keen on the car, so hopefully will have more info soon.
TRANSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dilemma of the Ninja: Pre-owned 650 vs new 300. EDIT: 650 bought, now sold vikrantj Superbikes & Imports 69 28th August 2017 14:16
Eider CFMoto 650 NK: Did someone just say 650 twin & 3.37 lakh in the same sentence? bik1906 Motorbikes 8 26th May 2016 13:27
Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650 rbp Superbikes & Imports 97 20th September 2015 11:24
Fiat 500 and 500C rolls out with new 900 cc, 85bhp, 2 cylinder turbo twinair engine sidindica The International Automotive Scene 17 28th February 2011 10:39
900 km run Jaguar XJ 220 and Ferrari Enzo left to perish, can anyone save it? sidindica The International Automotive Scene 17 13th April 2010 11:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks