Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2010, 19:26   #1
BHPian

ASTON MARTIN: Officially launched in India on 15th April, 2011

Quote:
NEW DELHI: Aston Martin, the car that James Bond made famous through many Ian Fleming flicks, will set the roads of India afire by the end of this year, albeit at a hefty price tag of up to Rs 3 crore.

The UK-based carmaker is understood to be gearing up to launch its vehicles in India, and has tied up with Infinity Cars to open its first showroom in Mumbai.

According to sources close to the development, Aston Martin has signed an agreement with Mumbai-based Infinity Cars, which is also a dealer of BMW, and appointed it as the company's exclusive distributor for the Indian market.

"Infinity will open the booking process for Aston Martin from next week. The cars are likely to be delivered in the next 5-6 months," a source said.

Aston Martin will initially sell four models, V8, DB9, Rapide and DBS, in India and the ex-showroom prices have almost been finalised, sources added.

"While V8 and DB9 will come for Rs 1.35 crore and Rs 1.9 crore, Rapide and DBS will be offered for Rs 2.3 crore and Rs 2.8 crore. Above this, customers have to pay for the insurance and registration charges," sources said.
Source: Economics Times

It shouldn't be more than 6 months before we see some of these cars on our roads. It sure is a good thing that they're opening shop here.
Ferrari is going to be conspicuous by their absence. Hopefully they'll realize and come down here too
Attached Thumbnails
ASTON MARTIN: Officially launched in India on 15th April, 2011-2008astonmartindbs14.jpg  

Old 6th August 2010, 19:31   #2
BHPian

Wow,
all these days just got a chance to look this car in Movies. Great its coming to India.
India is Booming its Automobile industry .
Old 6th August 2010, 19:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Aston is surely gonna find a good number of buyers in India. I guess the V8 vantage is gonna attract most buyers as it is a more practical choice. And the pricing is close to the R8 and 911 Turbo which have been popular amongst supercar buyers in India.

Any idea where will the showroom be located? And when is it gonna open?
Old 6th August 2010, 19:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Aston Martin! I think it will be the V8 which is going to be the more popular one here. Let us see how the Rapide competes with the Panamera.
Old 6th August 2010, 20:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think the rapide has the chance to become the most popular Aston in India,after seeing the sales of the Panamera.
Old 6th August 2010, 23:15   #6
BHPian

Read about it in the newspaper today . Have been waiting for this moment all these years . Not even 6 months left now . It would be great to see Astons on the streets .

Any ideas about the place of the showroom ?
Old 7th August 2010, 00:16   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
I guess its opening in Mumbai

Quote:
Aston Martin is believed to have signed an agreement with Mumbai-based Infinity Cars, a dealer of BMW, and appointed it as the company's exclusive distributor for the Indian market.

Bookings are expected to open from next week and it will take about five to six months for the deliveries to start. Aston Martin will initially sell four models V8 Vantage, DB9, Rapide and DBS and the prices are likely to be between Rs 1.35 crore and Rs 2.8 crore, without insurance and registration charges.
source:toi
Old 7th August 2010, 00:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

I wonder if there will be a selling criteria for Aston martin in India too,like UK.
Old 7th August 2010, 00:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

Cool! Would be nice to see a DB9 on the road. Its a super sexy machine.
Old 25th August 2010, 01:49   #10

- selling criteria? -

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I wonder if there will be a selling criteria for Aston martin in India too,like UK.
@hillram, What is this 'selling critera' please? Do you mean a booking queue?

Guess that the V8V and the Rapide will do well. Most of my friends back home prefer a bit more show and would rather do the Horse/Bull thing...

Am curious about the Rapide though as well as the actual usage of the Panamera. Will these chauffeur or owner driven? My guys keep hanging around the car as they are not allowed to touch it ;-)

Cheers!
Old 25th August 2010, 10:17   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I dont think there is any criteria except money. They need to sell every car they can make.. Only time criteria comes in is when a limited edition or model comes in and they need to ensure no speculators spoil the fun
Old 25th August 2010, 10:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Any idea where will the showroom be located? And when is it gonna open?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post

I dont think the location would be leaked out to the press at this stage.
Where in Mumbai ? - If common sense prevails, it should be anywhere Worli onwards , south right upto Peddar road in South Mumbai. Only im not sure if Peddar road has any space left for such a grand showroom. Breach Candy ( bhulabhai desai road ) could be another ideal candidate. If in worli, it wont be too far from the "Auto Hub".....i.e the Rolls Royce, BMW, Ducati, Jaguar & Land Rover showrooms around Atria Mall
Old 25th August 2010, 11:47   #13
Team-BHP Support

Im reasonably sure it will be in Worli where Infinity cars have the BMW showroom. When i went there last i saw the ground floor under renovation.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:37   #14
BHPian

Worli seems the likeliest candidate for the showroom, Pedder Road may not have the space. Wouldn't it be nice to have the Aston showroom right on the sea face? Having the Aston, the Maser and the Ferrari showrooms on the seaface will be stunning, for me.

There are no selling criteria for any car, except model availability and moolah. There never was. Some marques such as the Pierce-Arrow in their advertisements associated fine living with ownership of a Pierce.

Presently Bristol is slightly snobbish in that it has just one sales centre worldwide, and does not advertise at all. Its entire communication philosophy and its product philosophy is low profile (signifying good breeding perhaps!).

Still no selling criteria.

Expect the Rapide to do well in India - with horror of horrors, the sight of chaffeur driven Astons

Regards
Old 25th August 2010, 18:41   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Expect the Rapide to do well in India - with horror of horrors, the sight of chaffeur driven Astons

Regards
Yes I am sure it will do well keeping in mind how well the Panamera is doing. I hope once the Rapide is launched people will stop buying the Ugly Porsche. Hate to say this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks