Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 11:48   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

I feel we have given enough.
Yes, +1 to that. Lets see what the buyer decides. Will keep you updated on the proceedings...
Old 17th October 2009, 20:07   #32
BHPian

IMHO the following would be my choices: (in order of preference)

1. INNOVA- The best in its class in terms of ride comfort. It has the lowest cabin noise. If money is not a constraint this is the car to go for. However no off roading!

2. XYLO- A value for money car. In short this can be called as the poor man's Innova.
Cabin noise is slightly on the higher side. However the third row may be the best of the lot.

3. SCORPIO - Go for the scorpio if you are into a bit of off-roading. Third row seats may not be as good as the xylo or the Innova.

4.TAVERA - Good on fuel efficiency. Runs on the Isuzu engine which may be a tad dated. Third row seats are the worst in the B - 10 (10 seater) and B - 7 (models) models. The front facing seats in the higher variants are better. Cabin noise is lower compared to the Mahindra vehicles. Not an off-roader.
Old 17th October 2009, 20:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
One of my friends wants to buy a car which will be chaffeur driven and should seat 5 comfortably. Daily drive will be around 60-80 Kilometers. He has identified these two cars but is not able to make up his mind. I think the Scorpio is a better driver's car than the Tavera, but the Tavera is more trouble free and more comfortable. Can anyone please let me know the pros and cons of the two cars in question?
avoid the tavera buddy.

i dont want to confuse you, but considering your friend's requirements, he should look for the xylo or innova.

but between the scorpio & tavera, its the scorpio.
Quote:
If in case he needs 5 people to be Comfortable. Safari DiCOR suits the requirement.
when i saw your name, i knew the thing marked in BOLD would be coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
What will be the price difference between Tavera and Xylo? I had completely forgotten about the Xylo. I was not recommending the Scorpio as I have heard that the interiors are cramped. Is Xylo more spacious than Scorpio?
yes, the xylo is much more spacious than the scorpio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
How many of you, who are trashing Scorpio's rear seats, have actually sat in the latest refresh Scorpio (I am talking about middle row) ?

I found the seat comfort to be better than both Innova and Safari. I know it is shocking, but true. I recently test drove both Scorpio and Safari with my family and everyone was unanimous in their opinion about middle row seat comfort.
not many buddy. the problem is, its a norm here for many to conclude things based on general perceptions.

Quote:
You must be joking. Mid row seating comfort would go in this order.

1) Safari Dicor
2) Toyota Innova
3) Xylo
4) Scorpio
the xylo's middle row is better than the safari & innova!

Quote:
2) Scorpio - Has more space than the Xylo, but a bit lower as compared to the Safari
3) Xylo - have been in this car, Seating position is a bit high and thats it, comfort levels not tested on bad roads yet.
there he goes again! why do you confidently post wrong info again & again?

xylo has more space than the scorpio & even the safari!

if you need facts, here it is:

middle row legroom min/max of each:

scorpio:70/92
xylo: 75/95
safari: 68/88
innova: 69/92

source: autocar india

Quote:
We are comparing Apples and Oranges here.

This thread is going
whenever someone says any other car is better than the safari, this statement comes from pavan!

Mr pavan, the safari being longer DOES NOT imply that it is more spacious. xylo has a slight cab forward design which liberates more space inside.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 17th October 2009 at 21:04.
Old 18th October 2009, 00:53   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
avoid the tavera buddy.

when i saw your name, i knew the thing marked in BOLD would be coming.
the xylo's middle row is better than the safari & innova!

there he goes again! why do you confidently post wrong info again & again?

xylo has more space than the scorpio & even the safari!

if you need facts, here it is:

whenever someone says any other car is better than the safari, this statement comes from pavan!

Mr pavan, the safari being longer DOES NOT imply that it is more spacious. xylo has a slight cab forward design which liberates more space inside.

He he.... You again raj.

Your facts are actually not correct, kindly refer the Xylo and the Safari booklet, you'll get the actual legroom and shoulder room all over.

Definitely Xylo is cramped in the front and mid row compared to Safari.

Overall xylo seating arrangement is agreeably good, but can never beat the Safari in long drive comforts.

gautam Mishra says if you need to go off-roading go for the Scorpio. Dude Mahindra's no longer makes 4x4.

Where is the thread starter
Old 18th October 2009, 01:06   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Dude Mahindra's no longer makes 4x4.
I dont think that is correct.
Old 18th October 2009, 01:28   #36
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
gautam Mishra says if you need to go off-roading go for the Scorpio.
What Scorpio for offroad? Just because it looks like a jeep?
Old 18th October 2009, 07:57   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He he.... You again raj.
yes!

Quote:
Your facts are actually not correct, kindly refer the Xylo and the Safari booklet, you'll get the actual legroom and shoulder room all over.

Definitely Xylo is cramped in the front and mid row compared to Safari.
i agree that the dimensions of safari quoted by autocar india is a suspect (it shows scorpio has more space than safari which is not true!) but then your statement that scorpio is more spacious than xylo is wrong. thats what i wanted to show.

Quote:
Overall xylo seating arrangement is agreeably good, but can never beat the Safari in long drive comforts.
nothing official about it. you always feel that "nothing can beat a safari"!

yes, ride comfort of safari is better than xylo but overall seating of xylo is better than safari. the xylo with its triple row AC, captain chairs with adjustable armrests is definitely a good highway car.

Quote:
gautam Mishra says if you need to go off-roading go for the Scorpio. Dude Mahindra's no longer makes 4x4.
you again need to get your facts right! mahindra makes the 4x4 scorpio mHawk as well as the 4x4 scorpio CRDe! you are ill-informed. we have a full review on a new 4x4 Scorpio refresh VLX (powered by mHawk!) in our T-BHP review section. waiting period is 6 weeks & you can book it from your showroom! kindly check-

Review of scorpio 4x4

and mahindras dont make 4x4s? lol! have you not heard of the bolero 4x4 or the legend or the major???

Last edited by raj_5004 : 18th October 2009 at 08:01.
Old 18th October 2009, 09:17   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod's note: With the thread having gone off-topic and the thread starter unable to confirm if his original query is answered, this thread is now closed. "Contact Us" form if it needs to be reopened with validity.
Old 19th October 2009, 20:23   #39
Team-BHP Support

The thread has been opened as per the request of the thread owner for further updates.
Old 19th October 2009, 20:29   #40
Team-BHP Support

My friend has booked a Xylo E4 but the problem is the dealer is not committing on the delivery date and saying it will take more than 2 months. Anyways, thanks to all for their inputs which convinced my friend go for a test drive of the Xylo. His family did not like the looks of the car, but the vfm part was too good to resist.
Old 19th October 2009, 22:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

Whats the wait like for the Xylo?

Sorry, I read it, two months.
Old 20th October 2009, 15:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude Mahindra's no longer makes 4x4.

The Boloero and Scorpio are both available in 4WD.
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:53   #43
BHPian

Quote:

FACTS

Scorpio Details

Overall Length 4430 mm
Overall Width 1817 mm
Overall Height 1975 mm
Wheel Base 2680 mm
Ground Clearance 180 mm

Xylo Details

Overall Length 4525 (mm)
Overall Width 1770 (mm)
Overall Height 1880 (mm)
Wheel Base 2760 (mm)
Ground Clearance 186 (mm)

Safari Details

Overall Length 4650 mm
Overall Width 1918 mm
Overall Height 1925 mm
Wheel Base 2650 mm
Ground Clearance 205 mm

What makes you think anything else is bigger in space than a Safari

Without further deviating from the main topic. Lets wait for the buyer to decide and let us know his preference.

I feel we have given enough.
The safari has far less usable space than the dmensions suggests. Sloping sides give it much less width than the other 2.
Having said that the pure ride quality of 5 ( incl. driver ) is fabulous.
The 2 jump seats is bloody JOKE.
The scorpio jump seats are not bad. And the front 2 seats.
The most important mid row has NO legspace. Somebody mentions good under thigh support is right probly; as the seats are quite deep. But the back is still upright and couple that with a tall person in front just doesnt leave any space for another long legged creature in the middle row.
Safari and innova gives you the best front and mid rows. Innova is good overall. Scorpio is compromised in terms of space though width is good. A six footer may not bang his head when the ship rolls.
Xylo offers good space oevrall , but ride is not at all in the same class as safari / innova. And the external design is atrocious.
Tavera on the other hand is pretty sensible choice otherwise. The ride , space , is quite acceptable. The economy is good , reliability good, spares are inexpensive. Lines are clean and the whole contraption looks quite proportionate unlike some other so called radical designs.
Safari is still a stunner in looks even after a decade , the new scorpio not bad. Innova form looks a bit ungainly IMO but is ok. The upgrade looks good.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks