Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2004, 22:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

The drags took place today and we BHPians had a meet too! Tom, Jaggu, Killjoy, Rudra, Nitrous, heavy_foot, Domnic, vinaypro, anoops and myself were there.
A couple of Busas, an R1, and a few other super bikes were there. Not to mention the whole list of indian bikes...

Cars, well, most of 'em were indian only. A few Mercs were there at the venue. The SL500 and the CLK 350 took part in the drags.

The drag races of cars wasn't well enf organised IMO, coz, a few stock cars were running against some really souped up cars. The best was a Mondeo dragging against a Ikon! [img]http://www.team-bhp.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/***.gif[/img]

Only one accident in the venue. A couple of bikers having a unofficial drag hit a Accent guy who wanted to get a 360 turn in!!

All in all it was a gr8 way to spend a day!

P.S:Pics are on its way.

Old 27th September 2004, 00:13   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Awesome! We want a report and pictures, just like us Bombay guys gave all of you on the SpeedRun.

GTO
Old 27th September 2004, 03:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,
All i can say the drag was just about ok. For the people who came to watch, well it was great. With TVS 50's doing 400 mtr wheelies was pretty amazing.

In the import bikes, the best timing was a Yamaha Thunder race, he did about 11 and odd secs. Bikes were quite a few but only about 10 or so took part. Like, Yam R6 2 of them, Yam R1 2004, R1 2003, Cbr's 400's, 600's etc.
Well the bike that was much hyped up was a 2003 total Black Busa, a 8" Extended swing arm, lots of chrome, 255 rear profile!! yeah 255. Bike looked good!, but never came up to expectations. The bike clocked a 11.7 or something in a 1/4 mile. Pretty slow for a busa!!, ive seen bone stock busas in the states do a 9.7 sec pass!. I asked what happened, well he said it was going all on spin. Kinda strange, why put a 255 in the rear then if its not helpin!!??.. bikes was kinda fun. We guys in bangalore have a lot of rivalry nothing in the public, but have our groups. Where we look to better the other guys.

Well in the Indian cars, there quite a few, 800's, Zens, few Zen Esteems, Lancers, Hondas, Mondeo and a Cart with a 1300 engine.
The sad part was here, we had cars in our team clocking the best of 15.5 in a zen esteem with N2O, the organisers some how have fiddled with the timing. We all had strange results. Luckily we know the person who owns the timing instrument (same one used in Bbay) who also tuned a few cars in our group. We got the correct timings, but the results however was donno rigged or something.

The cars were performing pretty slow for some reason, probably the high humidity or something, or probably the sand on the track. 800's the best was a 18.7, Zen's somehow no body went under 18, Zen Esteem a 15.6, Lancer 16.5, Hondas btw 16.1 and 16.8. Pretty bad for the cars here. The turnout of the cars was pretty less. As this was not utpo a level of an Autocar organised event, most people did not bring their rides or just didnt prepare.

Well thats about it, i left the scene at around 8:30pm after having an argument with the organiser.
Hey blr t-bhpians sorry guys i couldnt talk much was in a total different mindset, Will catch you guys in another time.

Just got back home now (1 am) went out for dinner with the whole group and a long discussion about the drag and racing etc. We are planning to have an official night drag on the runway, hopefully should materialize in a few weeks. Im sure it will be fun. Till then back to street racin

Cheers
Dom

PS: Pics Rudra and the team took a ton as i heard from Nitrous. I just couldnt take any pics and clips due to my leg. Do put up the pics soon guys.
Old 27th September 2004, 10:27   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Domnic @ Sep. 27 2004,01:31)]All i can say the drag was just about ok.

Well the bike that was much hyped up was a 2003 total Black Busa, a 8" Extended swing arm, lots of chrome, 255 rear profile!! yeah 255. Bike looked good!, but never came up to expectations.

PS: Pics Rudra and the team took a ton as i heard from Nitrous. I just couldnt take any pics and clips due to my leg. Do put up the pics soon guys.
Poor show. Badly organised.
Didn't understant the logic of putting stock cars with modded ones, that too with no doors.
Jaggu/Killjoy.. Didn't you guys know the line up?
Cars look distinctly slow after those bikes
Dom, is it allowed to remove all doors for the drag?

No Dom, I haven't taken ton of pics. Taken a few only.
Heavy_foot was shooting with his digicam and so was Nitrous with phone cam. Post them fast guys.
Old 27th September 2004, 10:44   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The one thing that surprised me most about the SpeedRun in Bombay was how well the entire show was organised.

Very thorough report Dom (but still not comprehensive as the one from us Bombay boys!!). Let the photographs roll

GTO
Old 27th September 2004, 12:14   #21
Tom
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rudra Sen @ Sep. 27 2004,08:57)]Didn't understant the logic of putting stock cars with modded ones, that too with no doors.
Rudra....the black stock looking V-tec beat the no door heavily modded Baleno.
Looks and sound can be deceptive.
The v-tec was a mildly modded car with it's full weight intact.

However the run of the day IMO was the R1 flying down the runway leaving the Busa way behind!
Old 27th September 2004, 12:50   #22
BHPian

ya pretty bad show!!...i really liked that red lancer though, trashed a vtec hands down...sounded really good as well...the surprise was seeing a modded accent lick a honda city!!..the busa looked really mean but dint fly....and by the way all the palios (2 s10) got their back sides kicked so bad by the hondas!! the there was a mondeo draging a honda city (no vtec)...the mondeo just about won that honda was FAST!..of course there was a bad crash on rhe practise track, one accent 3 bikes...was pretty bad.
Old 27th September 2004, 12:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

lets have the pics people!!!
Old 27th September 2004, 13:30   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Tom @ Sep. 27 2004,10:44)]Rudra....the black stock looking V-tec beat the no door heavily modded Baleno.
Looks and sound can be deceptive.
The v-tec was a mildly modded car with it's full weight intact.
Stock looking V-tec but not stock. I don't remember hearing that kinda sound from a stock VTEC. I'm pretty sure about this cause I've heard the sound of GTO's VTEC.
Old 27th September 2004, 13:47   #25
Tom
BHPian

Rudra....the owner of that car jus called me. He is running a free-flow exhaust with a K&N air-filter. Nothing else. Thats why is said mild mods.
Dont think stripping off the doors is a good idea!

Old 27th September 2004, 13:49   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]is it allowed to remove all doors for the drag?
No, that is not allowed.

The problem with these organisers was that they have no experience with organising good events.

Hopefully, with experience, they will improve.

Rt
Old 27th September 2004, 14:23   #27
Team-BHP Support

Thought as much. 'All over the place' is the right comment according to me.
Old 27th September 2004, 14:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]is it allowed to remove all doors for the drag?

No, that is not allowed.

Hi,
Yes Rudra, removing doors is actually not allowed at all, unless they have a Roll Cage installed!. Even the roll cage should have a certian grade pipe (seamless tubular), certian dia's, and certian construction. Without this you cannot simply drive a car without doors. Wow if this was allowed, every person who would drag anywhere across the world will be running without windshields, doors, boots, hoods etc etc. These cars will no more be street cars, but a kart!. The Zen without the doors etc was about 630 kilos!!, 4 doors, all mats, rear seats, rear hatch. Pretty light!... but still timings were bad.

Cheers
Dom
Old 27th September 2004, 15:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (anoops @ Sep. 27 2004,11:20)]...the surprise was seeing a modded accent lick a honda city!!..
It wasn't a Honda City, but, was a Lancer that got licked by a Accent, ofcourse, without doors!

Old 27th September 2004, 16:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

Sorry guys, i wasn't abkle to make it, but i got all the info yest from my friend (Sachin) who was there at the drag. According to him, it was one of the worst drags he had ever been to. He was not at all impressed with it. I can understand that, cos the only reason he went there was to see the Busa, which lost.

And yeah he told me about the gastly accident that took place. Accent got rammed by a few bikes. Awesome stuff, that. LOL

Did anyone notice a Scorpio doin a hand brake turn?? Friend said, he almost lost it.

Drag racing in India has a very very long way to go. We need better organizers, and why don't they have those boards which tell you the 1/4 time and speed of the vehicles.

No use watching a drag race if you don't know what times, these guys are posting.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks