Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2018, 08:15   #136
Team-BHP Support

Re: A case of unreliable Volkswagen Ventos (2010 - 2012)

Another 2012 Vento injector failure on bhpian aditya79india 's car:

Post link.

Meanwhile our Vento has been sold off by the person who bought it from us. He got stranded with blown injectors too.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 12:30   #137
BHPian

My 2013 Vento is in the service center with all the symptoms of an injector failure. I had thought that 2013+ Ventos were safe from injector failure, but its highly likely that it has failed in my car.

The service center will come with a scan report by afternoon, if it is an injector failure, will I be able to claim some sort of goodwill warranty?
If not, any other options?

It has now done 90000kms and the fact that one out of four injectors may have failed means the likelyhood of others failing too cannot be ruled out, and can leave me stranded somewhere on the road, making me thinking whether I should sell my car.

Kindly assist.
Old 17th August 2019, 01:32   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
During the last service, VW Palace Cross mentioned that one injector will have to replaced during the next service.

I have a FNG near, the owner is a good friend and he is doing the replacement for another Vento (cost he said was about 60K for all the injectors). He gets OEM parts from Chennai. He has good friends in the service departments and usually sources OEM parts from them.

He has asked me to drop my Vento with him for the repair too. There is also an option of getting parts from cars that may have met accidents.

I am seriously thinking about getting it done from him after he does the other Vento.
Can you share the details of the FNG. Also, do they clean the EGR Valve.

I checked with Karzone in BLR and they mentioned that they do clean it - They charge around 1.5k.
Old 18th August 2019, 22:22   #139
BHPian

I have completed about 1.15L kms on my 2011 TDI Vento. Thankfully no injector failures so far. But now I am seriously thinking of getting a preemptive check done on the injectors. Is Bosch workshop recommended for this? I have one close to my house.
Old 18th September 2019, 11:30   #140
BHPian

I got the injectors serviced with Saravana diesels in Bangalore - costed roughly around 10K (including the spares, labor, scanning etc.,) . I was told that its advisable to get the injectors serviced once every 60K kms.

For now, I see that the engine noise has come down and its a bit smooth to drive. I hope it stays that way until I change the car.
mail2vm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 16:37   #141

My 2011 Vento 1.6 TDI has been diagnosed with a faulty injector in Cylinder 2.
Have got a quote of around Rs. 25000/- from VW Service for the part to be replaced and additional labour.
Could anybody please recommend any place that could be able to do an injector repair in the Thane/Mumbai area.
Old 2nd November 2019, 14:38   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2vm View Post
I got the injectors serviced with Saravana diesels in Bangalore - costed roughly around 10K (including the spares, labor, scanning etc.,) . I was told that its advisable to get the injectors serviced once every 60K kms.

For now, I see that the engine noise has come down and its a bit smooth to drive. I hope it stays that way until I change the car.
Update : After getting the injectors cleaned, I took it for a long drive and after 70 kms the coil & EMS light came up, reducing the vehicle power to almost 20kmh and heavy engine vibration. I had to cancel my travel plan and drive back to Bangalore. I informed Abhilash in Saravana Diesels about it and visited their center. The scan results came up with an Error Code - P020100 : Cylinder 1 - Injector Circuit Malfunction.

I left the vehicle at SD and was told that a part named Actuator was changed, which ideally would fix the issue. After getting it replaced (costed Rs.4500/-), I do see minor engine vibration with some normality to drive. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Below is the pic of the VCDS scan & the part that was changed.
Attached Thumbnails
A case of unreliable Volkswagen Ventos (2010 - 2012)-actuator.jpg  

A case of unreliable Volkswagen Ventos (2010 - 2012)-vcds.jpg  

Last edited by mail2vm : 2nd November 2019 at 15:03.
mail2vm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 11:41   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Update : After getting the injectors cleaned, I took it for a long drive and after 70 kms the coil & EMS light came up, reducing the vehicle power to almost 20kmh and heavy engine vibration. I had to cancel my travel plan and drive back to Bangalore. I informed Abhilash in Saravana Diesels about it and visited their center. The scan results came up with an Error Code - P020100 : Cylinder 1 - Injector Circuit Malfunction.

I left the vehicle at SD and was told that a part named Actuator was changed, which ideally would fix the issue. After getting it replaced (costed Rs.4500/-), I do see minor engine vibration with some normality to drive. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Below is the pic of the VCDS scan & the part that was changed.
Update : I drove the car for 40 kms & the issue came up again - coil spring light. I believe saravana diesels is good for injector cleaning only and not for any other mechanical work - very disappointing, I believe the issue is specific to wiring as the error code says " Injector Circuit Malfunction". Is there any FNG in Bangalore who can check the wiring for VW vehicles . Any recommendation would be of great help.
Old 11th November 2019, 13:09   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update : I drove the car for 40 kms & the issue came up again - coil spring light. I believe saravana diesels is good for injector cleaning only and not for any other mechanical work - very disappointing, I believe the issue is specific to wiring as the error code says " Injector Circuit Malfunction". Is there any FNG in Bangalore who can check the wiring for VW vehicles . Any recommendation would be of great help.
Since you have already got the injectors serviced, why not go to Volkswagen service to get this wiring issue corrected?
Old 11th November 2019, 15:15   #145
Senior - BHPian

VW service told me there is one injector issue almost 4 years ago. Didnt get anything done for the same. Other than the harsh sound (which is quite common with VWs), havent hit any other issue due to them.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 15:31   #146
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Is this thread only for the VW Diesels?

If yes, then the title should be edited accordingly. Else, can people specify the engine variant in which they faced which issue.

The whole thread becomes confusing otherwise given the number of engine variants VW has launched in 2 old cars!
Old 27th November 2019, 21:55   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Since you have already got the injectors serviced, why not go to Volkswagen service to get this wiring issue corrected?

Yes, that was my thought too. I feel that I made a mistake to go to a FNG like Saravana diesels as my experience with them is not satisfactory, but more problematic. I never leave the vehicle anywhere else other than the VW service center. This was my first try and I burnt my fingers.

I will go back to the VW service center and update more about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
VW service told me there is one injector issue almost 4 years ago. Didnt get anything done for the same. Other than the harsh sound (which is quite common with VWs), havent hit any other issue due to them.
I think moderate driving would be a safe bet. I used to drive at peak performance and it became an expectation with the vehicle.
When the injector issue was first diagnosed in my car, it was reported to me but strangely disappeared from the system alert. Hence, I drove the vehicle in moderate pace for nearly an year, but I did test the vehicle often (driving at various speed) to understand if the issue was due to a glitch
I believe a drive on the hills brought the issue back and I'm trying the best now to fix it, once and for all.

Note from Support:

Dear BHPian, please do not post back to back messages separately. If you want to reply to multiple posts together, please use the multi-quote option instead. We advise you read the linked thread before proceeding further.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th November 2019 at 22:25. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use multi-quote option if replying to more than one post at a time.
Old 28th November 2019, 15:51   #148

I own a 2010 Vento Trendline Petrol. I would like to add that I've also faced quite a few issues with my car. Firstly, after a couple of years of buying the car the horn was not working properly i.e. there was some contact problem as stated by the workshop and when I insisted them to change any required part under warranty they stated there was no need to change anything. secondly, the fuel gauge stopped working. Luckily the car was still under warranty so it was changed immediately. After my car warranty expired the lever used for the turn indicators was not working. I informed the workshop about this but they said that combination switch needed to be replaced which would cost approximately Rs. 10k to 12k. I took up the issue with Volkswagen Customer Care and after many communications via email and calls they obliged with the replacement free of cost in March 2016. Since a few months now I am facing the same problem with the turn indicators and the culprit as detected by Volkswagen Downtown is again Combination Switch. I have once again approached Volkswagen Customer Care and briefed them about the issue. Yesterday I got a call from the Manager at Volkswagen Downtown Sewree Workshop and he has requested me to bring the car once again to inspect thoroughly. I don't know what solution will come out but I regret to say the car has been totally unreliable. I would also like to inform you that the running of my car is very less.
Old 30th November 2019, 12:13   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Update : I had left the vehicle at the VW workshop. Surprising their software showed that the injector circuit malfunction is related to Injector No.2, which was actually the faulty injector ( I had all the 4 injectors overhauled because of it).
I was told that the only option is to replace the faulty injector as its improper functioning causes ECM manipulation. Also, I was informed that driving the car with a faulty injector for long can affect the other injectors too,thereby could affect the overall functioning of the engine.

I had the fuel tank and the respective fuel lines cleaned thoroughly before getting the injector replaced - That was a recommendation to ensure that any fine particles (due to fuel adulteration) in the tank are cleaned. I had to cough out 30k to get this fixed. Now, the car is fine.

Based on my not so good experience with Saravana diesels and the injector cleaning, I would say that if the injector fails in the car, the best thing to do is replace it. Overhauling the defective injector is a hit/miss - In my opinion it’s a waste of time and money. I had to shell out 15k separately for cleaning the injectors and the attempt to fix the issue that reoccurred was a total flop as it never got resolved and it brought another injector related issue as well.
mail2vm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 17:35   #150
BHPian

Guys i have been facing an issue with my Vento Highline diesel 2011 model. In last 1 year or so, the center 2 ac vents stop blowing out air every now and then. Everytime i take it to the FNG they open the dashboard and resolve the issue. They do not guarantee it will happen again. Now again summer is approaching and i tried to put on the AC today. Again the center vents are not working. There is minimal air blow from the vent. The corner 2 vents work perfectly and cooling seems to be good enough as well. Last year the coil was also replaced.

Can someone suggest what could be the issue and how do i get it rectified once and for all?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks