Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2013, 18:09   #346
BHPian

Re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg.

The last couple of pics surely gotta be the best of the lot! Simply gorgeous! The gloss black grille kinda makes the front look relatively wider/broader which adds to the aggression. Now get the M3 front with air ducts and the M3 OEM 18" rims and you'll have the hottest and most drool-worthy E90 3-Series of Bombay (Until I get mine lol)

PS: I drove an M3 with those 19" here & trust me it didn't feel too bad on regular Delhi roads at all...18' should be fine for the reg 3 in Mumbai I reckon)

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 25th February 2013 at 18:10.
Old 25th February 2013, 19:36   #347
Team-BHP Support

Re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swopsk293 View Post
Akshay I couldn't agree more with you when you say that the car always feels 50kmph less than it is actually doing unless you look at the dials! And the grip feels like it has no limits with this car.

After reading your review of the performance kit, even I am seriously considering getting it fitted once I come back to India in July. And going by some of the above post I think it will be a necessity if I accompany you guys on the DDT drives.

It cost you 2.15 lacs right? I hope the price doesn't increase by then.
The stability of this car on smooth roads is really commendable. I mean even at 180kmph you can have a conversation with the passenger at your normal level of voice.

Get it fitted, its great. LOL I kept up with everyone till I got the kit, so should be fine.

The price will most definitely increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
The last couple of pics surely gotta be the best of the lot! Simply gorgeous! The gloss black grille kinda makes the front look relatively wider/broader which adds to the aggression. Now get the M3 front with air ducts and the M3 OEM 18" rims and you'll have the hottest and most drool-worthy E90 3-Series of Bombay (Until I get mine lol)

PS: I drove an M3 with those 19" here & trust me it didn't feel too bad on regular Delhi roads at all...18' should be fine for the reg 3 in Mumbai I reckon)
Thanks bro. I wouldn't get the M3 front, if anything the M sport. But I don't really like spending on body mods, because you never know when your car will get hit over here. Rims too, I'm sticking to these for now. The roads in my area will break the car if I get larger rims.

Delhi roads, my friend, are a different ballgame altogether. Not comparable to Mumbai's kaccha roads.
Old 25th February 2013, 21:31   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The stability of this car on smooth roads is really commendable. I mean even at 180kmph you can have a conversation with the passenger at your normal level of voice.

Get it fitted, its great. LOL I kept up with everyone till I got the kit, so should be fine.

The price will most definitely increase
Yeah I know what you mean, earlier I used to cruise on the expressway at about 120kmph but now I do it at 180kmph and I feel as much relaxed if not more.

Really looking forward to the DDT drives man, I left India less than a month after I got the car (I did about 1600 kms in that month ). I'll surely join you guys July onwards!

Hope the price does not rise by much then!
Old 13th March 2013, 20:27   #349
Team-BHP Support

Today in a lane I was driving at around 20kmph and there is this scooter overtaking me from the left, after he was almost ahead of my car I don't know what got into him but he leaned to the right and came towards my car. I though he would straighten out but the fool kept coming towards the car. I braked a bit and heard a small bang, made the guy stop on the left. Saw the splitter was out of place and there was a small deep scratch about an inch. There are some other shallow scratches too which will go with detailing. What are we even to tell such people? Luckily for him, he apologized straightaway and didn't try and blame me.

So the splitter is back in place, but there is a bit that isn't fixed properly. I plan on putting it back with superglue lol. Well I'm just happy I bought cheap splitters because had I bought the original ones for 40k I would've gone into depression

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th March 2013 at 20:33. Reason: sending a pm shortly
Old 15th March 2013, 19:45   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Today in a lane I was driving at around 20kmph and there is this scooter overtaking me from the left, after he was almost ahead of my car I don't know what got into him but he leaned to the right and came towards my car. I though he would straighten out but the fool kept coming towards the car. I braked a bit and heard a small bang, made the guy stop on the left. Saw the splitter was out of place and there was a small deep scratch about an inch. There are some other shallow scratches too which will go with detailing. What are we even to tell such people? Luckily for him, he apologized straightaway and didn't try and blame me.

So the splitter is back in place, but there is a bit that isn't fixed properly. I plan on putting it back with superglue lol. Well I'm just happy I bought cheap splitters because had I bought the original ones for 40k I would've gone into depression
This just keeps getting better and better! Some are ignorant and some just don't care

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th March 2013 at 20:38. Reason: Corrected quote content
Old 15th March 2013, 19:58   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today in a lane I was driving at around 20kmph and there is this scooter overtaking me from the left, after he was almost ahead of my car I don't know what got into him but he leaned to the right and came towards my car.
Bikers just dont learn. For them its merely a scooter/bike and the thing on your car just a scratch. Some have the audacity to point out many such on there vehicle too. Why can't we learn to respect other's emotions/attitude towards there vehicles. Makes me wonder if the best way to drive a car in India is with those ugly plain jane plastic bumpers that used to come with cars earlier.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th March 2013 at 20:38. Reason: Corrected quote content
Old 20th July 2013, 21:00   #352
Team-BHP Support

So since I was neglecting this car a bit, I decided to get something else done. Went back to Chirayu of Xtreme wraps and got a makeshift diffuser done in CF, which matches the spoiler and splitters. Just wrapped a bit of the stock bumper. It looks quite nice. The CF on the rear looked too little with only the spoiler, now it looks more balanced. What do you guys think?
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-img_0212.jpg

Oh yeah, also got the roof wrapped in gloss black, pics of that soon. Need to get out my DSLR.
Akshay1234 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 22:55   #353
BHPian

Quote:
got a makeshift diffuser done in CF, which matches the spoiler and splitters. Just wrapped a bit of the stock bumper
Looks nice. i guess this will help in protecting the bumper from blackening as a result of exhaust gases?
I am also thinking of doing something on the same line to the Laura, tired of polishing the bumper area around the exhaust repeatedly.
BTW how much did it all cost?
Old 21st July 2013, 13:59   #354
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Looks nice. i guess this will help in protecting the bumper from blackening as a result of exhaust gases?
I am also thinking of doing something on the same line to the Laura, tired of polishing the bumper area around the exhaust repeatedly.
BTW how much did it all cost?
There is no black smoke from this car, at least I'm yet to see it. To be honest, I can't recall any BMWs giving out black smoke.

Its odd that your Laura gives out black smoke. Don't you fill in regular diesel and not high speed?

The roof cost 4.5 and the cf cost 2.5k.
Old 21st July 2013, 14:04   #355
BHPian

Mate, Great work there. Now the rear looks sporty and matches the proportions of the car nicely. How about sharing the price of this work?. Also, can you provide power figures after the installation of the power kit? Has the car recovered from the scratches and the improper fitment of the splitters?

Cheers,

Achyuth

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 21st July 2013 at 14:06.
Old 21st July 2013, 18:01   #356
BHPian

I fill up normal diesel.
The car does not "emit" black smoke , it's just that after 5-7000 kms , you can see wee bit discolouration on the underside of the bumper near the exhaust tips.
Unnoticeable to everyone else , but since I inspect it every time I park it, I can make out the difference.
Thinking of sourcing some exhaust chrome caps on the Skoda website, hope the do the trick. 😊
Old 25th July 2013, 16:51   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elantracrdi05 View Post

Hey Akshay, can't agree more with your views! My car is now a couple days shy of a year with about 22k on the odo and I am still in love. Will be updating the thread with new pics shortly. Got new 18" wheels with Yokohama decibels and also got the black grill and the blackened side sills. It now looks just the way I want it to

The race chip is doing awesome and I agree, the extra punch is something I hate living without! Still thinking about the BMW version of it though because I still don't know if it will be significantly better than my car...wish Delhi had a demo car with it installed. Also, have gone broke on the wheels n tyres...again!

In the mean time, here's a pic of the wheels, the day I got them.
Hi.

I'm exploring the option of fitting my 320d with a tuning box. I'm getting one from race dynamics.

My question is , will bmw discover I've messed with the car even if I remove the chip each time it goes in for servicing?

Any reviews, feedback on the race dynamics tuning box (or any other tuning box you'd recommend?)
Old 25th July 2013, 17:01   #358
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post

My question is , will bmw discover I've messed with the car even if I remove the chip each time it goes in for servicing?
BMW won't discover if you added a box or not unless you were to do something like post it on a public forum where manufacturers actively visit that you added a box but are removing it before every service.
Old 25th July 2013, 18:50   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post

Hi.

I'm exploring the option of fitting my 320d with a tuning box. I'm getting one from race dynamics.

Any reviews, feedback on the race dynamics tuning box (or any other tuning box you'd recommend?)
Hey there, as per my understanding, Bmw does not upload the ecu data for the car on to the HQ server unless there is a warranty claim which they suspect. If they do, the server in germany will be able to detect the serial tolerances different from their recommended levels. In that case you may be denied such a claim.

My racechip is in one word awesome. If you're in and around NCR, happy to offer you a drive
elantracrdi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 19:11   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elantracrdi05 View Post

Hey there, as per my understanding, Bmw does not upload the ecu data for the car on to the HQ server unless there is a warranty claim which they suspect. If they do, the server in germany will be able to detect the serial tolerances different from their recommended levels. In that case you may be denied such a claim.

My racechip is in one word awesome. If you're in and around NCR, happy to offer you a drive
Thanks buddy,

I will surely take u up on that offer.

Can you please tell me what race chip you've installed ? And from where.

I've zeroed in on a race dynamics chip which costs 18k. Can't find any others in the market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks