Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2017, 18:54   #91
BHPian

Re: My Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4 (400 Nm)

@Navpreet Sir,

I took the Gold AMC after a couple of months of taking delivery. The SA had explained to me the terms and conditions of the same and clearly told, all 'standard service and consumables along with labor' will be covered under AMC (except battery and tires Of course).

However, this situation is classified under 'severe driving conditions' which automatically gets ruled out of what is defined/interpreted as 'standard', as per the owners' manual. I'd got this clarified with the SA earlier, as mine was also going to be a city runner majorly and hence would need more frequent oil changes.

I think the real issue here is why did Tata classify 'more than 50% running in city (B2B traffic)' as a 'severe' driving condition at all?! Isn't that perfectly normal, or dare I say 'standard', living in cities these days! I believe, this is what is creating the doubt in the first place, is the Storme so sensitive to B2B city driving?!

Perhaps, we should twist this and put it back to Tata. What I mean is everyone of us here anyway have a task to convince the TASS folks on why this extra oil change is needed, because we care for our cars. If TASS doesn't buy that and seem to only go by the 20K interval (manual) and don't really bother about the usage pattern, then so be it! If (big IF) something happens within this time frame then AMC automatically covers for it; only thing to be made sure is 100% driving in B2B city traffic for the duration of AMC! :-)

Jokes apart, this is something I'd made peace with when I decided to go for the AMC, since I intend to keep it for a long time.

CHEERS!!
avinash_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 21:03   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Bhai, You are still stuck at the same point. If you want to see it only your way, then so be it.

You can create some ruckus and they MAY do a good-will oil change for you. But the points remain as I have so much tried to explain to you.

Please do not respond to this post, because I am Not taking this further. Any thing else, I am happy to share with you, and open to learn from you too. Cheers !
I didn't want to quote you but then I read this post again.
Firstly I'm not the one for a goodwill gesture oil change. Nope. I just paid for an oil, oil filter and air filter change and got the car running wonderfully. Most issues resolved.

Now why did I reply. You seem to be very good with your words. Thanks for disrespecting me so respectfully by mentioning that you can " learn from me TOO".
Thanks. Got something new to learn here.
Old 30th March 2017, 22:44   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Now why did I reply. You seem to be very good with your words. Thanks for disrespecting me so respectfully by mentioning that you can " learn from me TOO".
Thanks. Got something new to learn here.
@Navpreet, I apologize on this one. I should have read that line of mine again before posting it, because I meant to say, I am happy to learn too, something from you which I dont know or what I am not not clear about. I will not ask the mods to edit that post. I hope you accept my clarification here. I have liked many of your posts, but I am calling out your points on this issue you have raised.

@ Simplecar, no further explanations of this from my side. And I am not a lawyer, but as one who is seeing the AMC terms as provided by the company - and hence not confused on that.

Last edited by condor : 30th March 2017 at 22:53.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 11:05   #94
BHPian

Well, I am happy to report that Ford has resolved my issue. They have clarified that they will indeed follow the manual (as stated), and although they will be unable to process a refund (it was Rs. 198 for a filter), they have agreed to provide me some other free service to compensate.

@navpreet318, the TMP plan in Ford in the current stage is applicable to services as per standard operating conditions only. Sadly, the company is not providing the actual terms and conditions yet.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Old 8th July 2017, 21:55   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I went for second service @ 10000 on Tuesday
Long time, no update. How is the truck doing? How many km now? Any long drives/issues etc?
Old 8th July 2017, 22:46   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Long time, no update. How is the truck doing? How many km now? Any long drives/issues etc?

Truck is doing very good with no issue at all. It has done 18000+ kms and will go for service sometime next month.

I took it for a week long, 1500 km trip to Kumaon including Munsiyari. It is very comfortable for long drives and the torque is simply awesome. I will post a brief update after service next month.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 15:46   #97
Senior - BHPian

So a long time update was due.
The truck was doing work like normal day in and day out. Always up for work be it daily driver or the short inter-state trips.

What I did observe was that the front end was dipping and there was a peculiar vibration in the truck. Vibration while idling and vibration while running and steering vibrations while braking. And the 4H and 4L lights were constantly "ON" at all times.
I was a bit sad that it had started behaving like the previous safaris we have had.
So off it went to the authorized workshop. They were super quick in the diagnosis.

End Result: Loads of things replaced and the truck is infact better than new!
I have to admit that the guys at the workshop did a super job!

I am yet to know what all they replaced as I have been very busy at work and still haven't seen the bill.
But they tell me it was a long job with the car with them for week as parts were literally flown in on VOR.

Have to also say good things about the workshop as they sent over their electricians to do the headlight leveling according to me on the road after dark. Now I am completely satisfied with the headlights pointing in the right direction and illuminating with the right amount of light.
navpreet318 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 19:14   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So a long time update was due.
Hi Navpreet! Its always good to see updates from your end. How many kms did you clock on your truck? Mine has done 27000 and I feel the vibrations are bit more than what it came with.
Old 7th January 2018, 21:44   #99
Senior - BHPian

Mine is at 47k approximately. If the vibration is more then get these things checked-
1. Engine and gearbox mounts
2. Front wheel bearings
3. Brake discs for warp.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 12:43   #100
Senior - BHPian

So I found out what all has been replaced in my Storme.

1. Front Shockers (Complete Coilovers).
2. Front Wheel Bearings : One was bust and one was whining.
3. All 4 Brake Discs and Pads.
4. Engine and Gearbox Mountings.
5. Some Sensor for 4WD system.

A regular service with replacement of fluids etc.

Now the truck is going like a dream. Munching miles and working as a daily drive for me in bad traffic.

And ofcourse the icing on the cake is the zero bill.
Old 5th May 2018, 22:36   #101
Senior - BHPian

Update: Clutch had gotten hard and was giving jerks in stop and go traffic when released slowly.
Took it to the dealership. They recommended ba change. Got it changed and it is back to being super light and working like a charm.

Got the tires changed to Yokohama Geolandars.
They look damn good and have a softer ride compared to the stock bridgestones. The stance is better as well.
How they perform on the road, off it and in the rain will be updated once I use them more.
Attached Thumbnails
My Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4 (400 Nm)-img_20180505_223213.jpg  

My Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4 (400 Nm)-img_20180505_223144.jpg  

My Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4 (400 Nm)-img_20180505_223107.jpg  

Old 6th May 2018, 00:11   #102
BHPian

Do not worry about the Yoko Geos. They are built to last forever. My Safari Geos have lasted more than 60000 kms and still have a lot of juice left. They are balanced for both highway riding and Mountains/off-roads. I generally fill one or two PSI more than the recommended tire pressure. I should say it worked, haven't had a single puncture all these years, returns good average and the ride is excellent.
SafariMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 13:24   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: Clutch had gotten hard and was giving jerks in stop and go traffic when released slowly.
Took it to the dealership. They recommended ba change. Got it changed and it is back to being super light and working like a charm.

Got the tires changed to Yokohama Geolandars.
They look damn good and have a softer ride compared to the stock bridgestones. The stance is better as well.
How they perform on the road, off it and in the rain will be updated once I use them more.
As per my 4X4 friends here, G015 are great tires and they will serve you well. How many kms on odo now?

Did you get the entire clutch overhaul or only some part replacement?
Old 9th May 2018, 17:45   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
As per my 4X4 friends here, G015 are great tires and they will serve you well. How many kms on odo now?

Did you get the entire clutch overhaul or only some part replacement?

I have been an admirer of the Yokohamas ever since I had the S-drives on my Civic. They truly are good tires. The sidewall issues had me worried but with the advent of the G015, that too was dispelled.
The ride is already more pliant than the bridgestones. Kms is somewhat shy of 50K.
The old tires actually sold at a good price because they had quite some life left. The tire guy said approximately 10K of life left in the tires.

Yes the entire clutch was replaced which includes all components.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 12:53   #105
BHPian

Been a long time since an update from you.

I am planning on buying a preowned safari storme. How your vehicle has aged and the current state of the vehicle would shed light on what I can expect from a pre owned storme which would have done 60-80k kms.

Hoping to read your updates!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks