Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th March 2017, 18:54   #91
BHPian

Default Re: My Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4 (400 Nm)

@Navpreet Sir,

I took the Gold AMC after a couple of months of taking delivery. The SA had explained to me the terms and conditions of the same and clearly told, all 'standard service and consumables along with labor' will be covered under AMC (except battery and tires Of course).

However, this situation is classified under 'severe driving conditions' which automatically gets ruled out of what is defined/interpreted as 'standard', as per the owners' manual. I'd got this clarified with the SA earlier, as mine was also going to be a city runner majorly and hence would need more frequent oil changes.

I think the real issue here is why did Tata classify 'more than 50% running in city (B2B traffic)' as a 'severe' driving condition at all?! Isn't that perfectly normal, or dare I say 'standard', living in cities these days! I believe, this is what is creating the doubt in the first place, is the Storme so sensitive to B2B city driving?!

Perhaps, we should twist this and put it back to Tata. What I mean is everyone of us here anyway have a task to convince the TASS folks on why this extra oil change is needed, because we care for our cars. If TASS doesn't buy that and seem to only go by the 20K interval (manual) and don't really bother about the usage pattern, then so be it! If (big IF) something happens within this time frame then AMC automatically covers for it; only thing to be made sure is 100% driving in B2B city traffic for the duration of AMC! :-)

Jokes apart, this is something I'd made peace with when I decided to go for the AMC, since I intend to keep it for a long time.

CHEERS!!
avinash_m is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 21:03   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Bhai, You are still stuck at the same point. If you want to see it only your way, then so be it.

You can create some ruckus and they MAY do a good-will oil change for you. But the points remain as I have so much tried to explain to you.

Please do not respond to this post, because I am Not taking this further. Any thing else, I am happy to share with you, and open to learn from you too. Cheers !
I didn't want to quote you but then I read this post again.
Firstly I'm not the one for a goodwill gesture oil change. Nope. I just paid for an oil, oil filter and air filter change and got the car running wonderfully. Most issues resolved.

Now why did I reply. You seem to be very good with your words. Thanks for disrespecting me so respectfully by mentioning that you can " learn from me TOO".
Thanks. Got something new to learn here.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 22:44   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Now why did I reply. You seem to be very good with your words. Thanks for disrespecting me so respectfully by mentioning that you can " learn from me TOO".
Thanks. Got something new to learn here.
@Navpreet, I apologize on this one. I should have read that line of mine again before posting it, because I meant to say, I am happy to learn too, something from you which I dont know or what I am not not clear about. I will not ask the mods to edit that post. I hope you accept my clarification here. I have liked many of your posts, but I am calling out your points on this issue you have raised.

@ Simplecar, no further explanations of this from my side. And I am not a lawyer, but as one who is seeing the AMC terms as provided by the company - and hence not confused on that.

Last edited by condor : 30th March 2017 at 22:53.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2017, 11:05   #94
BHPian

Well, I am happy to report that Ford has resolved my issue. They have clarified that they will indeed follow the manual (as stated), and although they will be unable to process a refund (it was Rs. 198 for a filter), they have agreed to provide me some other free service to compensate.

@navpreet318, the TMP plan in Ford in the current stage is applicable to services as per standard operating conditions only. Sadly, the company is not providing the actual terms and conditions yet.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2017, 21:55   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I went for second service @ 10000 on Tuesday
Long time, no update. How is the truck doing? How many km now? Any long drives/issues etc?
n.devdath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2017, 22:46   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Long time, no update. How is the truck doing? How many km now? Any long drives/issues etc?

Truck is doing very good with no issue at all. It has done 18000+ kms and will go for service sometime next month.

I took it for a week long, 1500 km trip to Kumaon including Munsiyari. It is very comfortable for long drives and the torque is simply awesome. I will post a brief update after service next month.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote