Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2007, 07:28   #721
BHPian

I have faced the reverse gear issue only once or twice, in the last two months, considering that I have to reverse in the morning when I take her out and again in the evening, so thats 2x60=120 times minimum and the reverse gear failed to engage only once or twice, I just had to release the clutch and press once more and everything went smooth like butter.

For those with Clutch replacement Query
There is a specific batch (Chassis # & Engine # range available at the MASS), when they (MASS people) login your vehicle for service, if your vehicle falls in the range, a pop up comes informing them that the clutch work needs to be done in this car, and they can't bill you unless they do the clutch work or they have to get it approved/countersigned from supervisor.
If you are not in a position to get it done the same day, you can get it done later as per your convenience.

Mileage : @anantnehru, friend you just bought it and its run only abuot 300 kms, right..wait and top up couple of times, first 1k km don't count for mileage or performance, its the settle in period just like the nai Bahu in a family-- haha (just kidding)
1. Let the car stablize
2. Top up couple of times, use trip meter to measure how much you travelled and how much fuel was filled.
3. Look at the traffic pattern and time taken , if you travel 10 km in one hour, not a good sign for mileage
4. If you travel short distances often, maybe 2-3 km to the market or whatever, not a good thing for mileage
5. finally, your driving habits play am important role, do you drive steady around 60-70 in 5th gear when you get the chance or is it 4th ?

I think we become supersensitive when it comes to FE, I suggest wait n watch, if you have used the car for 1-2 k kms and still mileage is less than 10, you may get it checked as there can be a variation of 10-15% easily based on one's driving style, driving conditions etc also.

for those who compare it with NHC only on the basis of FE, pls get an indica or maybe Alto (if you like Petrol), for max FE car, even better FE than NHC.

I had done a detailed comparison sometime back, and it takes a long time to just recover the extra margin one has to pay. Will try to dig out the xls if I can, but 1-2 kms less than NHC is ok for this car, considering the weight, extra features, wider tyres etc etc, now if one gets 16 on highway and 11-12 in city, thats the best one can hope for :-)

Hope it helps

Last edited by Shankyz : 7th September 2007 at 07:30. Reason: typo
Old 7th September 2007, 09:42   #722
BHPian

Clutch release is very short

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Stalling with the first gear.. didn't know about that.. might be that clutch release was sudden..
My experience about clutch was that it is very short and you have problem till get used to it. After first service clutch alignment removed this issue.

Regarding clutch replacement - the car given in May-June had that problem. When you shift gear from any to any within proper rpm-speed, you feel vibration/judder in clutch pedal & not in gear handle, without any reason. This was fixed up after clutch replacement. Also car's response increased in low gears.
Old 7th September 2007, 12:23   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
Nice seat covers. After the seat covers the rear middle seat look to be ok.

Did you add anything extra along with the seat cover to make the rear middle seat ok?
For the middle seat, they have provided 2 zips. When we need to retract the arm rest, just unzip it and pull the arm rest.
Old 7th September 2007, 16:15   #724
BHPian

omishra - you are right - need to get used to it. need to depress the clutch 100% - while the typical tendancy is to do it less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
My experience about clutch was that it is very short and you have problem till get used to it. After first service clutch alignment removed this issue.

Regarding clutch replacement - the car given in May-June had that problem. When you shift gear from any to any within proper rpm-speed, you feel vibration/judder in clutch pedal & not in gear handle, without any reason. This was fixed up after clutch replacement. Also car's response increased in low gears.
Old 7th September 2007, 16:44   #725
BHPian

Has any SX4 owner got the paint protection or teflon coating or underbody rust protection coating or engine wax coating done so far ? and how much did you pay for it, pls share details about the company name and warranty details too if possible.

Thanks
Old 7th September 2007, 17:14   #726
BHPian

hi all...

i met up with an accident n lost the rear view mirror of my sx4..
the electrical parts r fine .. only the mirror s broken.. can i change the mirror alone??.. service guys r telling that i ll get the mirror with the full set..n it will cost about 7000.

wat about the other cars which hav electric rear view mirrors?

also one of my friend told that i can get a mirror cut to the dimensions n can fix it in the slot..

any ideas???
Old 8th September 2007, 00:24   #727
BHPian

i agree with what ur saying-depends on driving style, but i know for a fact iv been EXTRA careful as compared to flooring my siena to its limit.i calculated on top up today that i got about 8.5 kmpl or so;wonder if thats normal for first top up, have topped it up again so lets see..i just hope it becomes better-this thread is making me a bit apprehensive-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ow-milage.html
anyhow will keep this posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
@anant.. there may be various reasons why you are geting low FE.. depends on driving style (heavy-footed, low gear state etc.).. I stay in sarita vihar and often travel through the busiest traffics in Delhi including NFC.. initially i got around 9-10 km with the first tank full after taking delivery..now after first service and knowing how to harness best driveability techniques, I get a reasonable FE between 11-12 kms/L. So no worries, mate.. enjoy ur ride!
Old 8th September 2007, 15:35   #728
BHPian

traffic pattern was very random from really bad traffic jams to dnd and noida runs. but iv topped it up a second time so lets see what happens; and i always get into 5th as fast as i can after 50. overdrive right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post

Mileage : @anantnehru, friend you just bought it and its run only abuot 300 kms, right..wait and top up couple of times, first 1k km don't count for mileage or performance, its the settle in period just like the nai Bahu in a family-- haha (just kidding)
1. Let the car stablize
2. Top up couple of times, use trip meter to measure how much you travelled and how much fuel was filled.
3. Look at the traffic pattern and time taken , if you travel 10 km in one hour, not a good sign for mileage
4. If you travel short distances often, maybe 2-3 km to the market or whatever, not a good thing for mileage
5. finally, your driving habits play am important role, do you drive steady around 60-70 in 5th gear when you get the chance or is it 4th ?
Old 8th September 2007, 21:37   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Has any SX4 owner got the paint protection or teflon coating or underbody rust protection coating or engine wax coating done so far ? and how much did you pay for it, pls share details about the company name and warranty details too if possible.

Thanks
hey Shanky, I did plan to get the same treatment on my car after delivery ..but didn't go for them as teamBHP does not recommend Teflon for various reasons..same goes for underbody rust protection.. it is generally recommended in coastal areas where humidity is high.. also, the stock underbody paint is good for 2 monsoons.. so I would go for it after 2 yrs only.. no need for now as it will be a waste of money..

Engine wax coating?? I haven't heard of that yet.. the sx4 engine is all alloy .. so would that be necessary?
Old 8th September 2007, 21:40   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libis22 View Post
hi all...

the electrical parts r fine .. only the mirror s broken.. can i change the mirror alone??.. service guys r telling that i ll get the mirror with the full set..n it will cost about 7000.

also one of my friend told that i can get a mirror cut to the dimensions n can fix it in the slot..

any ideas???
that's bad! rear view mirror for 7K!! or do you mean the whole front windscreen + the rear view mirror? It should be possible to only replace the mirror and price much be around 800-1000 at the maximum..

your friend is right.. you can do that..but the finish won't be that good.. and the quality of the mirror itself might differ..

Last edited by iTNerd : 8th September 2007 at 21:45.
Old 8th September 2007, 22:37   #731
BHPian

Quote:
hi all...

any ideas???
The OVRMs are expensive, depends on the extent of damage but if the assembly and motor controls are fine and working, only the glass needs to be replaced, SX4 being new, probably the spare glass is not available with the dealer so he may be trying to sell the whole unit to you, or may be he himself is not aware ?

Try to source it from outside sources and also go to another dealer and get the prices etc., just to be doubly sure.....
Old 9th September 2007, 12:58   #732
BHPian

Query on Music System of SX4

Hi all, I am planning to book SX4 Zxi (Grey or Red) and have few queries and would like SX4 owners to share the experience:
1. Is it possible to fix 2 Sub-Woofers behind back seats? If I cut and fix the woofers it will be fine? Or Warranty Void ?
2. Incase of fixing additional 2 Sub-woofers, Maruti’s provided music system power is
enough? Or need to fix an Amplifier also?
3. Is it possible to integrate 6 CD's changer with Maruti's provided music system? If yes, Which brand is good to integrate with?
4. Which make/brand and which color seat cover (not leather) more suits?
5. Which Sun Film looks better for a Grey or Red car?
Thanks a lot, Siva

Mods note: Do not use font/size tags on your post. Type it fresh for board in future. Thanks.
Old 10th September 2007, 11:15   #733

Quote:
hi all...

any ideas???
I too broke the right ORVM _glass_ in a minor accident and contacted my dealer (bimal) for replacing the glass alone. They didn't have stock and I had to contact pratham for the replacement.

The pratham service guys told me that I need to replace the entire ORVM set :-(

The entire replacement costed only 1.8k. Please double check with the dealer.

-Elan
Old 10th September 2007, 13:09   #734
BHPian

helloooo gt my mirror replaced for just 351 rs..

hey soo happy that atleast maruthi is supplying the spares well..

now soo relaxed.was terribly upset both because of accident and also hearing the price of rvm.

those service ppl was guessing with balenos spares in mind..
Old 11th September 2007, 11:38   #735

SX4 oddometer/speedometer readings

SX4 comes with two wheels sizes(VXI-R15/ZXI-R16), apart from the clearance difference, there is going to be difference in the oddometer/speedometer reading by 3%(error). Does anybody know, if Maruti is taking care of this?

Thank you,

Satish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks