Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 14:17   #1141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
NETCHEF: I have experienced V-kool the top of line range and they seem of great quality in controlling heat. However it cost around 25000 or so. Compared between LUMAR and VKOOL there's barely any difference and din't find worth spending 25000 for it as against 9000 for LUMAR.

Invinsible: That is one powerful argument in favour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
netchef:
When my car met with a small accident 6 months back I paid approx. 10K for the normal headlight assembly. Like Invinsible said the projector ones will costs around 20/30K per piece. So its to better stay away from it.

I have 3M sunfilms in my car for the windows and the windscreen. Go for lighter shades. I went for 50% visibility film for the windows and found it a bit difficult to see in the dark. Reg the windscreen, i read some where that Fabia's windscreen protects from UV rays. But haven't confirmed it.

Thanks a lot Invinsible for your valuable inputs.
MadRash: 20/30K per piece? Good God.

I doubt the regular Fabia glassware controls anything. My car gets pretty heated and we don't even have very extreme summers here. In Delhi, the A/C would simply give-up-the-ghost!
Old 16th March 2009, 15:24   #1142
BHPian

hey guys here are some of the pics of my ride.
please forgive me for my bad photography skills..
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc00179s.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc00181s.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc00177s.jpg  

Old 16th March 2009, 16:20   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARDAN View Post
hey guys here are some of the pics of my ride.
please forgive me for my bad photography skills..
FARDAN: Congrats. Lovely pics of a lovely machine. I love the chiaroscuro effect and the rhyming number.
Old 16th March 2009, 16:56   #1144
Senior - BHPian

FARDAN: Congrats! I truly agree with Netchef.. really nice pics. Looks like she just got out of the showroom. I love the white on fabia. When I bought mine never got to see a white color fabia with projector lamps on the road or would have definately picked up this colour. I prefer the black interiors than the beige.
Seats would look hot with leather and Alcantara finish.
Keep your Fabi always shining.

Some pics of the interiors would be great.

Last edited by Invinsible : 16th March 2009 at 16:57.
Old 16th March 2009, 17:30   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
FARDAN: Congrats! I truly agree with Netchef.. really nice pics. Looks like she just got out of the showroom. I love the white on fabia. When I bought mine never got to see a white color fabia with projector lamps on the road or would have definately picked up this colour. I prefer the black interiors than the beige.
Seats would look hot with leather and Alcantara finish.
Keep your Fabi always shining.

Some pics of the interiors would be great.
Invinsible: Actually, white was my first choice, but I had to settle for the Blue due to paucity of time.
Old 16th March 2009, 21:38   #1146
Senior - BHPian

A cheerful Hello and Humble Apology!!

Hey Dear Fabiosis,

How are you all doing in here? I haven't flipped many pages to see your statements on how your rides are doing, hence my question.

And before you all or anyone wants to pound me for not being available between these pages, kindly accept my most sincere apologies.. I haven't been active from almost the last calendar day of Jan '09 up until beginning of March '09. Reasons are simple. I got married on the 1st of Feb to my love of 2+ years and I'm happily married now; enjoying life with my dear. 2nd, I've been busy since I came back, with the house we're constructing [by means of visiting and spending early mornings in ensuring things r progressing fine].

My wedding took place in Chennai and i came back to Bangy only on 22nd of Feb [post honeymoon at splendid Manali ]. I also do not have access to internet anywhere, other than at office, so could never log on to post scrapes.

Well, I'm back now and hope to remain amongst these wonderful pages. As always, I can immediately see that NetChef has managed to keep the thread alive and kicking, with every other Fabia owner and lover's efforts, of course..

Btw, I drove down to Chennai for my marriage, and with 3 adults [other than myself] and trunk full of luggage; man I am so full of teeth to say that the Fabi rocked. The needle rested on 150 kmph for a while and so beautifully and stably at that, before I had to reduce speed to ensure I continue to practice safe driving manners. I could have pushed more, but I had allow the tempo traveller that was behind me, follow me safely, without losing track [tempo t was transporting 12 of my relatives who were travelling down to Chennai by road, with us]

The car has clocked 2600+ kms [in about 2 months and also note that I don't take my car to work everyday, I get picked up]. I plan to do a small trip to Mysore on week ending 29th, but that's if I can get everyone together for it.

What else fellas? My car is pending a major clean up this coming weekend. I intend to read up as many backdated posts that I can, but please do see if you can apprise me of whatever is the latest running news/gossip on the Fabi..

Screw McDonald.. Fabia.. I'm loving it.
Old 16th March 2009, 21:55   #1147
VKJ
BHPian

Invinsible,
I guess my reply has gone invisible, I have answered your query inline, please reply.

Fardan,
Great snaps! mine in the pipeline shortly!!!

Netchef,
They claim to use patented Nano technology for films. Yes its available in Bangalore. If you are interested I can give you the contacts. BTW why do you need the sun film now, after using the car for over an year....just kidding.
Old 17th March 2009, 00:26   #1148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VKJ: Well you haven't mentioned how many kms it has done[I have clocked 3K+ kms], whether you have done 1st or 2nd service[So far no service] ? By the way do you have a diesel or petrol[Diesel 1.4 TDI] ? Incase a diesel onething I would tell you do is to get the EGR valve cleaned up. This really does help with the power delivery, less turbo lag, much better fuel economy. [How much would this cost me ;-(]
[Apart from the above point you have mentioned, anything specific/general I need to have them look at]
hey din't notice that you replied.
3K kms is low for a diesel car in 10 months time. I would say let another month go by and get her serviced if you wanna see her in great shape in the future. A 1st service is a must for a diesel vehicle within a years time.
I wonder why such a low mileage run on your fabi? What you do bro.. venture out with her, I did that much run in just about a month wat you did in 10 months. I always take long way home.
EGR cleaning guess the labour is around 900 or so which included cleaning of intake manifold too in my case. But I din't had to pay as it was put under warranty. All you have to do is let the Service advisor that you not happy with the pick up and to tell them to check the EGR.
Get the air-filter cleaned every 3 Kms as it gets choked very fast.

Quote:
K_AJAY: I got married on the 1st of Feb to my love of 2+ years and I'm happily married now; enjoying life with my dear. 2nd, I've been busy since I came back, with the house we're constructing [by means of visiting and spending early mornings in ensuring things r progressing fine].
Hey that's great news, My Heartiest Congratulations to you and your wife and from Netchef and all other fellow fabiosis. It's good to know that you enjoying life the way one should. Good to see around.

Quote:
K_AJAY: Btw, I drove down to Chennai for my marriage, and with 3 adults [other than myself] and trunk full of luggage; man I am so full of teeth to say that the Fabi rocked. The needle rested on 150 kmph for a while and so beautifully and stably at that, before I had to reduce speed to ensure I continue to practice safe driving manners.
Good to hear that you venturing her out to the max, what she is perfect for. I have been wanting to have such a drive since long. Ya the car is rock solid at any given speed, I have travelled with it at 180 and it took those speed with shear confidence. For a car it's size and weight its really amazing the way she handles on the highway at any given speed. One suggestion to all, always add 2-3 psi more on the highway drive for safety of the tyres to avoid it from heating.

Cheers!

Last edited by Invinsible : 17th March 2009 at 00:29.
Old 17th March 2009, 00:34   #1149
Senior - BHPian

@ FARDAN: great looking fabia, and nice number plate style! congrats
IMO, white is the best colour for a Fabia. enjoy your ride, and post photos of the interior please!

cheers
Old 17th March 2009, 01:36   #1150
BHPian

thanks to Netchef,Invisible and VKJ for their kind comments on my rides pictures.
as requested by netchef here are some pictures of the interior which i am not that happy with. i would be posting the pics of the interior which was sent to me by Ceralli as a sample.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc00186p.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc00184p.jpg  

Old 17th March 2009, 08:48   #1151
BHPian

Gents, a Fabiosi HITCHED his wagon! Please congratulate him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Hey Dear Fabiosis,

I got married on the 1st of Feb

Well, I'm back now and hope to remain amongst these wonderful pages. As always, I can immediately see that NetChef has managed to keep the thread alive and kicking, with every other Fabia owner and lover's efforts, of course..

.. Fabia.. I'm loving it.
k_ajay: So you got married?? Excellent. Well done and CONGRATS. No need to excuse yourself for the leave of absence- some things automatically get priority.

Good to have you back, Sir- If you wife is as enamoured of your wheels, please ask her to pen her thoughts for the benefit of the the Fabiosi. 'Twill be nice to have the views (and touch) of the fairer sex. They are wired differently (Mars and Venus thing -NO offence meant in any way), so we can expect some interesting angles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
Netchef,
They claim to use patented Nano technology for films. Yes its available in Bangalore. If you are interested I can give you the contacts. BTW why do you need the sun film now, after using the car for over an year....just kidding.

VKJ: Yes, please ship me the details, Sir. Guess last summer wasn't so frantic or just that I didn't drive much then. This time it's especially poignant. We drive out of the office in my car for lunch once a week, and getting back we're in a proper sweat having already been heated up by some fiery food (ragi mudde and mutton curry sort of thing).

Quote:

Hey that's great news, My Heartiest Congratulations to you and your wife and from Netchef and all other fellow fabiosis. It's good to know that you enjoying life the way one should. Good to see around.

I have travelled with it at 180
Cheers!
Invinsible: Sir, nice of you to congratulate k_ajay on my behalf. It's terrific news when a Fabiosi gets hitched- I too am waiting in the wings. Guess I need to start a thread like the 'Jobs wanted' one saying 'Wife wanted'. If that sounds strange, 'Bride wanted'.

You did 180kmph? Wonderful. I'm yet to try those speeds. Dying to, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARDAN View Post
thanks to Netchef,Invisible and VKJ for their kind comments on my rides pictures.
as requested by netchef here are some pictures of the interior which i am not that happy with. i would be posting the pics of the interior which was sent to me by Ceralli as a sample.
FARDAN: Thanks, FARDAN. Fancy house as well. BTW is that a bottle of perfume?
Old 17th March 2009, 08:59   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I got married on the 1st of Feb to my love of 2+ years and I'm happily married now;
ajay: Wish you a very happy married life. And Fabia will make it more happier. Its a nice car to spend time with your loved one.

Fardan: Nice car and nice pics. Looks like you just gave a wash. That cool water for you or for the car?

Guys, have you noticed something? The odo and RPM meters looks same for all engine configs. My car never touched the redline though I tried to push her to the limits a couple of times.

Last edited by MadRash : 17th March 2009 at 09:02.
Old 17th March 2009, 09:12   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
ajay: Wish you a very happy married life. And Fabia will make it more happier. Its a nice car to spend time with your loved one.

Fardan: Nice car and nice pics. Looks like you just gave a wash. That cool water for you or for the car?

Guys, have you noticed something? The odo and RPM meters looks same for all engine configs. My car never touched the redline though I tried to push her to the limits a couple of times.

MadRash: You haven't ever redlined her? That's what I'd call one considerate foot. Not that you need to or have to...and please don't feel pressured to. We each have a right to getting our thrills the way we want them. No peer pressure.
Old 17th March 2009, 09:27   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
MadRash: You haven't ever redlined her? That's what I'd call one considerate foot. Not that you need to or have to...and please don't feel pressured to. We each have a right to getting our thrills the way we want them. No peer pressure.
netchef: I did. But what I feel is the odo & RPM meters belongs to some high power motor. In my 1.4 TDI, the needles never reached the redline though I touched 150 KMPH a couple of times.
Old 17th March 2009, 09:46   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
netchef: I did. But what I feel is the odo & RPM meters belongs to some high power motor. In my 1.4 TDI, the needles never reached the redline though I touched 150 KMPH a couple of times.
MadRash: Oh, wow. That's what you were saying- sorry, I missed that angle. And an interesting one it is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks