Old 23rd April 2010, 12:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats gaurav!
Waiting for the pics!
Old 23rd April 2010, 13:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish82 View Post
Please post photos, also please confirm if you are getting 13kmpl in city with AC in polo as promised to me by sales person.
Also since you also own a swifty, let me know how good/bad they are in comparision. i am also biased towards polo after seeing/feeling it. Otherwise swift and figo seeems VFM.
YES... the important part ..the FE. When we got the car on Sunday, it had minimal fuel and the fuel meter showed empty. We filled up fuel worth Rs.1000. Last evening, we completed 205kms when the fuel meter started showing half of the quarter tank and the fuel light came in. So, even if I say that Rs800 fuel was consumed, the car did 205kms in about 16.7litres of fuel i.e. 12.27km/litre.

Now, these 205kms included, me, my brother, 2 of my cousins test driving the car and we certainly did some spirited driving. I am sure, if driven decently, the car will give about 13-14km per litre. With a light foot, expect it to be over 15.

If you talk only in terms of cars, the Polo according to me is way better. Only thing I can say is better in swift is the engine. This does not mean that Polo's engine isnt good. Polo's engine is excellent, very revv happy but swifts engine is more quiet, has more power (84ps of K series against polo's 75, if I am not wrong). However, Polo's engine is better for city driving, you will require lesser gear change than swift. the engine can very well pull up from under twenty at 3rd, swift wont! Swift performs best in right gears. Cant compare engines more because I have driven K-series only for a short test drive, our swift has the G13 engine which had a 1.3L producing 88ps.

Polo is better than swift in terms of built quality, looks, interiors and ofcourse the brand name. Swift is better than polo because its a Maruti Suzuki, spares and service are very less expensive. Dealership and service network is unbeatable. Resale value is fantastic. However, it looks a bit dated, ver very common, nothing new. Just another car. When it was G13 I recommended people to buy Petrol, but after having driven the K series, I would advise you to seriously consider the Diesel. Its one heck of an engine from Fiat, Damn toooo good.

So if you want a no nonsense every day car, and you do care about the resale, spares and service it will be the swift. But if you want to go an areal route, buy the Polo. Service of VW seems to be good, I had a word with few jetta owners last time I visited the dealership and they all were very happy. I dont think Service will be an issue.

If you plan to go for Figo, I would suggest the top titanium model, safety should never be ignored, especially if you can afford it. However, if you are keen on the lower models, rather buy a swift.

Swift Vxi costing about 4.95 lac here in delhi has almost similar features to that of Polo trendline which costs about 4.87 lacs. So Swift Vxi is not VFM any more. However, the Zxi which costs about 5.76 certainly is with airbags, abs, climate control and much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom barabar! View Post
Hey congratulations on your red polo. Which variant have u purchased and what is the on road price?..Waiting for ur pics.
Thanks Vroom, I got the Comfortline and the price was Rs.5.41lac (if you add 13k essential package it will be Rs5.54lac. Essential package includes kenwoods basic music system (no USB), and 2 basic 6 inch speakers. it also includes floor mats and mud flaps. The trend line including essential package costs about 5lacs (4.87 excluding essential package). This is a few thousand cheaper than the Swift Vxi (which has fog lights and rear power windows more than the features on trendline. However, trendline has Steering adjust (rack and reach) which I believe is more important than the foglights).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats gaurav for the Polo. I loved the gearshift when I test drove it. Sorry to hear about that dent. The unruly traffic of the capital makes frequent visits to the paint jobs mandatory.
Anyways, happy mile crunching with the VW. Hope it serves you well.
Thanks Utoion, traffic in Delhi is seriously becoming a chaos. Rest, I too hope it serves us well considering its our first German car. We have always been delighted to own reliable Japanese cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Nice penmanship gaurav! Congrats!
Now if you please take some great pictures of that beast and unleash them here - it would be awesome.
Thanks Blackasta, pictures are on their way , will post tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryasanyal View Post
Hi Gaurav,

Congratulations!! Great choice for a car. The Polo comfortline is a very good choice indeed. And red is undoubtedly the color of choice for the Polo.

A question here - is there (at all) any option pack for the Comfortline to have rear defogger and wiper?
Thanks Mate! I think the rear defogger and the wiper are still not an option. But I dont think it should be a problem at an additional cost.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 23rd April 2010 at 13:40.
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:52   #34
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for new polo. Write up was excellent. My question is how come you remember all that happened in various test drives . Do you take any notes.
Old 23rd April 2010, 16:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Congratulations for the new member in the family. I would like your perspective on the position of the clutch pedal. In fact if it is not too much trouble (or even a minute bit of trouble), can you take a picture of your foot on the clutch pedal (without depressing it at all) while the seat is adjusted for a good driving position and compare it to the one in your Cedia?

My friend test drove the Polo recently - he is not a member of teambhp, and had not read GTO's review - and he mentioned that the clutch position was awkward. He drives a Ford Fiesta and was looking at the Polo for his second car, but he said that even after trying the different seat setting, he couldn't be comfortable.

He likes the Punto but he seems to be in no hurry and he said he'll try the Polo diesel before deciding between the two.
Thanks Amartya, I didnt find any problem with the clutch. Only thing I miss is the the dead pedal. From all the cars I have driven till date, I only found Santro's clutch to be positioned awkward, kinda very near to the brake pedal. Actually, all three pedals are very close to each other.

Still, I will take pictures of the clutch and post them tomorrow.

Lastly, Fiat's diesel engine needs no introduction, its the best among the lot! More so, on the beautiful Punto, its a wicked combination! My only concern that remains with Fiat is the aftersales. They may have improved, but I rather felt right to take chance with VW than the Fiat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post
Congrats on your Polo gaurav and a nice writeup. Post some pics including interiors..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Congrats Gaurav.
Hope you have a wonderful experience with your RED GERMAN beauty

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Congrats gaurav!
Waiting for the pics!
Thanls Guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats for new polo. Write up was excellent. My question is how come you remember all that happened in various test drives . Do you take any notes.
Thanks RGK! No, I dont take notes. Actually, when it comes to cars I can remember every thing. Moreover, i think I do have a very sound memory.
Old 23rd April 2010, 22:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

hey Congrats on your Polo! Even i have booked the same just a couple of days back. Delivery will be in June/July.

Just want to ask you one question. Is there any under bonnet insulation in your Polo? Cuz GTO said in his reveiw that it is there. But when i checked out the Polo, it didn't find it.
Old 24th April 2010, 13:15   #37
Senior - BHPian

Pictures

The most awaited pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0820.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0821.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0823.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0825.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0826.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0843.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0817.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0818.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0819.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0824.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0827.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0828.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0829.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0833.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0830.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0838.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0839.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0840.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0845.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0847.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0846.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0848.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0849.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0850.jpg  

My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!-dscf0870.jpg  

Old 24th April 2010, 13:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

Great pics. Congrats on the car. The first few snaps reminded me of the first generation Palio sport.
Old 24th April 2010, 13:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Nice Pictures. The car looks HOT in RED. Interiors look good but somehow i did not like the steering wheel design.

Where is your antenna? I see just the base!!
Old 24th April 2010, 14:26   #40
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 27th April 2010 at 10:45.
rejoycjohn is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th April 2010, 14:26   #41
Team-BHP Support

Congrats once again. She looks HOT! I believe black alloys with red outer ring will look exceptionally hot on this car!

No insulation on the insides of the bonnet? This contradicts the reviews by magazines as well as GTO. Not a good move by VW as the petrol has come under a lot of heat for its NVH levels!
Old 24th April 2010, 17:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

Maybe the insulation comes on the higher specs / the diesels. GTO must have reviewed the higher end variant for sure.
Old 24th April 2010, 19:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Maybe the insulation comes on the higher specs / the diesels. GTO must have reviewed the higher end variant for sure.
Nope. No insulation on any of the Petrol variants. Only on Diesel.
Old 24th April 2010, 20:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Nice Pictures. The car looks HOT in RED. Interiors look good but somehow i did not like the steering wheel design.

Where is your antenna? I see just the base!!
Thanks Mate! I find the steering wheel good, the only better one is that of Jazz, because its same as that of civic and city. We had the car cover on, so the antenna was in the glove box.

Thanks rejoycjohn. Naa.. no 15s, its mainly my brothers car and he wont be pushing it hard, so 175 on 14s are fine. We may get 14 ones though in some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats once again. She looks HOT! I believe black alloys with red outer ring will look exceptionally hot on this car!
I was quiet sure they will.. thanks for confirming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
No insulation on the insides of the bonnet? This contradicts the reviews by magazines as well as GTO. Not a good move by VW as the petrol has come under a lot of heat for its NVH levels!
Unfortunately, no insulations, I hated it. I will get it once it is available with the service station. Its only the N part thats a bit up, the VH part is damn good.

Last edited by GTO : 27th April 2010 at 10:47. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted, hence removing
Old 24th April 2010, 21:04   #45
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase Gaurav! The Polo really looks hot in Red. Read your review, very detailed. I am planning a test drive. I am currently in Greater Noida - any idea where the VW showrooms are, say in Gurgaon?

Here's wishing you all the best with Polo. Do update on how the Polo is faring in the Delhi heat (pickup with A/C, etc.) as I feel the 3 pot engine might be a little underpowered.

Drive safe!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks