Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 15:30   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are some pictures which i forgot to share while outlining when at Fort Aguada. All of us against the wall
Attached Thumbnails
Goa Vacation Amidst Tri-State Floods-dsc_9500.jpg  

Goa Vacation Amidst Tri-State Floods-dsc_9501.jpg  

Goa Vacation Amidst Tri-State Floods-dsc_9502.jpg  

Goa Vacation Amidst Tri-State Floods-dsc_9504.jpg  

Old 16th October 2009, 03:34   #77
BHPian

that was fun man

next time, i will try tillary ghats again
Old 16th October 2009, 13:50   #78
BHPian

Slick roads and verdant green fields... Must have been fun. Keep it coming in.
Old 19th October 2009, 15:58   #79
BHPian

Keep the updates coming for the rest of the day Avi, waiting for more
Old 19th October 2009, 17:18   #80
BHPian

Avi, nice travelogue, good part is , the way you narrate the trip , it’s too good .
Old 20th October 2009, 14:40   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by potlaravi View Post
Avi, nice travelogue, good part is , the way you narrate the trip , it’s too good .
Thanks Ravi

Contd....

Next day, we got up liesurely at 9:00AM, despite telling ourselves that we should be on the road towards Hyderabad by 10AM. A quick call to a Mr.Thakur who runs a hotel on Ajra to confirm on road conditions ( as heard there were some landslides) and he mentioned landslides happened on the old mumbai road and we were ready to go. Thanks to Vnabhi who shared his timely contact information.

We headed out for the mandatory shopping of some tees and lots and lots of our favorite beverage from Newtons. Each of us bought beverages worth Rs.3K from Newtons and asked them for permits to which they cooly said it is not required for the imported stuff and we thought probably that could be right.

On the return from this shopping we asked another shop owner who bluntly denied this fact and said for every beverage we need a license. No other option but think of some way to evade the checkpost. It was almost 1:30pm and we are still in Calangute area, so we went back to Infantaria and packed some chicken rolls, chicken pies and picked up a dozen cans of good times and tanked up the car and slowly headed out towards sawantwadi.

We stopped about 10kms before the checkpost to finish the good times and check with a local store if they can give us permits. They said, they cannot as it comes with some numbers et.all.

We reached the checkpost around 2:30pm or so and were promptly stopped

They : How much stuff your carrying?
We : As per the limits
They : Are you sure, your trunk is not loaded with only that stuff?
We : No. Check for yourselves.
They : Ok, Ok. Pay something and go
We : Took out 100 bucks and he glared at us. So added another Rs.100 and were allowed to go

I regreted not loading the boot with that stuff

Our drive till Amboli ghat was serene,peaceful and quite uneventful and we spent close to an hour at the falls and gorging on the wada pavs. I was wearing the TBHP T-shirt and at Amboli i was tapped on my shoulder by a guy who introduced himself as a TBHP member ( parimal_g) and it was nice to bump into a fellow bhp'ian.

We then continued on towards Ajra and NH4 highway. It was ranining continously till 6pm till we almost reached the NH4.

Then onwards it was continous driving until Solapur which we reached at 1:00AM and we were terribly tired from all that eating and making merry and i was seeing spider cowebs whenever an oncoming light was coming so decided against contining our drive and holed up in a small motel on the bypass.

We all crashed exactly 2 minutes within checking in and i slept with my shoes on.

Woke up at 6:30AM and stopped for 30-45 mins at Hyderabad House HP Bunk near Humnabad for a some breakfast which was terrible even by average standards. We reached Hyderabad at 11:00AM to mark completion of an almost 2000kms drive.

It was an eventful,exciting and fun filled trip. I repeat these words to myself after completion of each goa trip ( this being the 7th trip in 3 years)

Final set of snaps
Attached Thumbnails
Goa Vacation Amidst Tri-State Floods-dsc_9537.jpg  

Goa Vacation Amidst Tri-State Floods-dsc_9538.jpg  

Goa Vacation Amidst Tri-State Floods-dsc_9539.jpg  

Goa Vacation Amidst Tri-State Floods-dsc_9541.jpg  

Goa Vacation Amidst Tri-State Floods-dsc_9543.jpg  

Goa Vacation Amidst Tri-State Floods-dsc_9544.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2009, 19:59   #82
BHPian

Awesome travelogue dude!
Old 10th January 2010, 10:47   #83
Senior - BHPian

Query on accomodation

Hi Avi,

This trip you stayed at Zinhos, you are however a regular at Leslie Molly Malone's and you also talked about Osbourne's.

What is your take on each of the 3 places? What are your recommendations.

Cheers,
Old 10th January 2010, 11:18   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Hi Avi,

This trip you stayed at Zinhos, you are however a regular at Leslie Molly Malone's and you also talked about Osbourne's.

Cheers,
Some details and how I rate the 3 of them :-

1. Osbourne Resorts : Decent room, nothing spectacular. But, nice looking property and has a swimming pool and breakfast is usually included in the tarrif. This place is roughly a km away from Calangute and about 2.5kms from Baga Beach

I recommended this hotel to Venu and he stayed there in July with his family and enjoyed it.

2. Zinho is a cramped hotel but has rooms better looking than Osbourne.Plus points are it's just 50 meters from the Baga party scene and the beach. Nice place for heavy party goers who can just stumble back after the same.

3. Molly's Malone has an Irish type bar in ground floor and well appointed rooms in first floor. I would rate their rooms as the best in terms of size,decor etc. It's situated 0.5km from Calangute and about 1.5km from Baga. Leslie is a nice guy and has a reputation for some crazy things, will outline when we meet next

Tarrif is almost the same so you can choose depending on your preference.

Btw, another holiday so soon?

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th January 2010 at 11:22.
Old 10th January 2010, 13:58   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Hi Avi,

Cheers,
Of the last 4-5 times that I have gone to Goa, I have stuck to this hotel called Hotel Shelsta. It is on the Baga - Calangute road about midway of both. The rooms are basic but very well appointed. Apart from that it has a good bar and a 24 Hr Subway in the compound. Tariff is about 800-1000.You may want to check it out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks