Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 30th September 2016, 11:22   #796
Default Re: Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!

Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
scary part was returning from the fort when you need to board the boat with no jetty like facility. It was more like a jump and with people not understanding the boat dynamics.....
Very true! But, hey, you stole my lines....

The landing (I know, I know - a boat needs to be berthed! but, as ghodlur said there is no jetty / pier - you have to jump off the boat and land on to the steps leading to the entrance of the fort) wasn't scary, as there are plenty of helpers / volunteers do assist you in this act.

However, since the entire process of offloading the passengers takes quite some time, a 'queue' is built up, due to which you will be forced to wait till it is your boats turn to approach the steps - in the not sun with no protection (cover) whatsoever it is best to grin and bear it.

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-53-landing.jpg

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-55-landing.jpg

But, take a look at the gigantic size and the magnificent structure rising from the sea - it is awesome...

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-50-fort.jpg

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-51-fort.jpg

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-52-fort.jpg

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-54-fort.jpg

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-56-fort.jpg

Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
.. a glorious structure rotting away due to sheer negligence ...
Exactly - I don't want to stoke a controversy here, but there has to a good reason as to why it isn't being taken care of, isn't it?

I will just post some of the pictures (later) showing the present condition, which speaks for itself....
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote