Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 31st March 2017, 09:15   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Stick to OEM size and get Bridgestone tyres, negotiate harder on the prices.
Yup, that's the plan. Will speak to other dealers who quoted a lesser price to me.
bhaskar.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 11:18   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Bridgestone or Ceat for my Tata Nano?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
Dear all,

When I inquired about the tires today with various dealers, I have got two options:
1. Ceat
2. Bridgestone

This weekend (29th & 30th July) we went to Nashik via Pune - Nashik (the new NH60) in our Tata Nano Twist XT.

We have 3 new CEAT and 1 about to die JK ULTIMA XT tyre (front right wheel) on our Nano. I had my wife, kid and father as co-passengers. The entire ride was so peaceful that we almost forgot that front right tyre is JK.

CEAT MILAZE tyres are quite good in absorbing the shocks from bumpy road and we got 20.5 kmpl on Pune - Nashik route and 21.5 kmpl while coming back. Since we used AC most of the time, we got less efficiency but the figures could have climbed upto 23 kmpl if we hadn't used AC.

Specially on the bumpy road with minor potholes, the CEAT tyres performed exceptionally well. I was myself skeptical about CEAT tyres but this ride proved that the quality has improved a lot. I would highly recommend these tyres for nano.
turbodude is offline   Reply With Quote