Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 28th June 2014, 22:37   #46
Default Re: Vento / Rapid or VW Polo GT TDI

Hi Mohit(ji),

Yes , you are very right. No doubt the GT is an experience. As I replied to Anil above, some cars are a real treat and experience like the older Palio 1.9D or the 2000's octavia or the earlier hyundai accent viva. I have been fortunate to drive these cars on long term.

Polo GT is this in todays' times.

But for me, this time logic wins over heart. At the time of booking , my family was fully with my decision, although they knowing the polo will not score on all counts. But looking at my enthusiasm for a GT , they were fine with it.

But after the GT booking went out of hand the logic has crept in.

I think one should respect their family's decision as well as they are equally happy when a new car comes home.

So I have decided for the Vento HL.

Besides, I have deal with my brother. If for any reason I dont like the Vento he will take the vento and I can go about the Polo in a year or so. So i think this will give a fair chance on knowing the Vento on long term and my decision after a year will be more stronger and confident, if at all.

I should now leave the polo gt behind and do justice to my new car and welcome the vento with all my heart and soul.
Padcot Prakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2014, 10:06   #47
Default Re: Vento / Rapid or VW Polo GT TDI

Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post
Hi Anil,

I have gone with the Vento HL. Not that Im in a hurry to bring home a car.

Simply that after a long discussion with family and friends I have decided against the polo - even if it was Polo that I was looking forward to.

I do fully realise what a hot hatch can mean. I have been a proud owner of a Palio 1.9D and I can safely say that was one of the finest hatchback I have lived with. Sadly, I died a premature death at 110,000 kms of usage in less than 3 years.

My decision on Vento was based on Boot space and highway behaviour. Besides I perhaps made a mistake in my earlier posts. Its true that I travel solo most of the time, but what when I travel with my family ? I would be comfortable driving the polo on long drives , but what about the person if and when sitting behind and the luggage for all ?

Unfortunately, I had to rationalise my decision.
Congratulations, its good to know that you finally made up your mind.Now stick to the decision. I had a tendency to waver even after paying advance.
anilntny is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote