Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 19:19   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spals View Post
I have considered Dzire, in fact that was my first choice before punto and manza were launched. I have two major problems rear seat space is very less, i have more in my indica v2 and looks are very bad even for me who really doesnt care for looks much.
Hey Spals man, I'm also in the same dilemma. Can't decide between a dzire VDi and a TIM Aura. Rear leg space in a Dzire is fit only for the Japs who designed the car (its exactly a Swift on the insides).
On the other hand I've really been driven up the wall and down the hole by TATA's A.S.S. , in fact I've been relying on desi mistrys for my Indica since last 8-9 years, having kissed TATA's A.S.S. goodbye after the free services. I don't really know if the TATA's A.S.S. has become any more user friendly and efficient enough to handle a complex car like the TIM (also linea & punto).
Should I play it safe and go with the Dzire with its iffy rear leg space and jiggly wiggly rearside, content that it'll fetch me a much better resale 6-7 yrs down the line or listen to my heart and back the TATA one more time, having driven the Indica for almost 10 years???
so guys TIM Aura (Quadrajet) or Dzire VDi? suggestions welcome.
Old 30th December 2009, 19:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Hey Spals man, I'm also in the same dilemma. Can't decide between a dzire VDi and a TIM Aura. Rear leg space in a Dzire is fit only for the Japs who designed the car (its exactly a Swift on the insides).
IMO there is no match between Indigo Manza & Dzire. In case A.S.S is what you are looking for then blindly go for Dzire or else Manza is the only choice!

Manza scores over Dzire when it comes to Engine, Comfort, Looks, Space, Ride & Handling.

If you are considering Dzire then why not Swift? Same space inside. IMO Swift looks sporty, at least better then Dzire!
Do you really need a boot?
Old 30th December 2009, 20:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I've driven upto 8 hrs in a day ( with breaks in between ) and have not felt tired.
I agree with this. I recently did a Bangalore-to-Kannur trip in my Punto, which was around 9 hours each way, with only me driving with minimal breaks in between. It was 100% pleasure, 0% tiredness.
So if driving comfort and pleasure has higher importance for you, then Punto it is. However if you want more spacious rear seats and boot then Manza it is.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 30th December 2009 at 20:25.
Old 30th December 2009, 20:30   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Do you really need a boot?
Yes sir, it's time someone gave me a big Boot! otherwise I would have been looking at the Punto over the Swift. Being from Pune, Tata's home ground, how's the TIM doing back there? do you come across many on the road? Here in Delhi I've seen only a couple on the road considering that I drive about 50 klicks a day.
Old 30th December 2009, 20:45   #35
BHPian

Man,

Have you considered the Ford Ikon TDCI? I recently purchased one on my India trip, cost me 5,08,000 in Chandigarh with corporate discount, solid build, great highway manners, very fuel efficient powerful diesel mill, I got 22 kmpl consistently.
What more do you want in 5 lacs?
A solid diesel sedan for the price of a petrol hatch??

Only cons are the old design, but believe me, the handling, power and FE are so good, u'll forget everything else.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:06   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_seattle View Post
Man,

Have you considered the Ford Ikon TDCI? I recently purchased one on my India trip, cost me 5,08,000 in Chandigarh with corporate discount, solid build, great highway manners, very fuel efficient powerful diesel mill, I got 22 kmpl consistently.
What more do you want in 5 lacs?
A solid diesel sedan for the price of a petrol hatch??

Only cons are the old design, but believe me, the handling, power and FE are so good, u'll forget everything else.

Just my 2 cents.
There you go, man, now I'm more confused than when I started. Interesting input though, I will test drive it surely, afterall as you said 'what more can you want in 5 Lacs. Did you buy it through CSD or what?

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th December 2009 at 21:56. Reason: correcting typos.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spals View Post
I have considered Dzire, in fact that was my first choice before punto and manza were launched. I have two major problems rear seat space is very less, i have more in my indica v2 and looks are very bad even for me who really doesnt care for looks much.
If rear leg room is important for you its Manza all the way. One cannot compare the spaciousness of a Tata car with any other in its price range (or may be higher).

I've TDed Punto and Vista, but haven't tried a Manza. From my experience with the tests I will go for Punto over a Tata for the following reasons
  • Excellent ride quality
  • Good riding position (except for the cramped foot well as said by GTO)
  • Nice and responsive steering
  • Being a nice cruiser, felt more easy to ride than a Vista
  • Looks
  • The door which closes with sweet 'thud' (and I am fan of thick doors)
IMO, you can go for Manza for the following reason.
  • Space
  • Practicality
  • More power
  • Maintenance cost
  • Value for money (Manza being a big car)
Old 31st December 2009, 00:10   #38
BHPian

Quote:
There you go, man, now I'm more confused than when I started. Interesting input though, I will test drive it surely, afterall as you said 'what more can you want in 5 Lacs. Did you buy it through CSD or what?
Well I purchased it through normal means, but got around 35k discount coz of year end sales and being with an A listed company.
Anyways, coming back to the car, I test drove both Fiesta diesel and Ford Ikon Diesel. The ikon feels more powerful as it has the same fiesta engine but less weight.
Also, the build quality is amazing, and the car has got good front looks after the facelift. The rear was always beautiful.

Got the new platinum color with matching interiors. (only the platinum color has matching interiors) Got accessories fitted for around 20k and Voila - i had a great sedan in 5,28,000 flat.

Now listen to this: for 31 Rs/ltr diesel, I am getting 22 kmpl. What else do u want from a sedan?
Manza is good but i wud never trust a TATA. Plus the plastics are still cheap. and the car looks like ***-heavy from back. not to forget the TAXI image.
and the manza diesel is expensive than the ikon.

I has also test driven the punto and dezire diesels, but found them lacking power compared to Ikon TDCI. Dezire has decent power but was UGLY. Punto cabin space is CRAMPED. Plus less powerful.

So IKON it was for me.

Take a test ride definetely and i am sure you can decide more easily then.

Last edited by ashwin_seattle : 31st December 2009 at 00:13.
Old 31st December 2009, 13:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Being from Pune, Tata's home ground, how's the TIM doing back there? do you come across many on the road? Here in Delhi I've seen only a couple on the road considering that I drive about 50 klicks a day.
I have seen quite a lot Indica Vista's while going and coming back from Shirdi, so I would imagine that its doing well in suburbs.

In pune city I do see Punto's and lots of Lineas. Have seen quiet a few Indigo Manza's around here.

I'm yet to take delivery of my Punto so would not be in a position to tell you about Tata's A.S.S.
Old 31st December 2009, 14:31   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Off late, comparing vehicles at a price point and across segments have become common. Eg, with a 7L budget , what would I get ? Could be either a sedan or a hatch.
I am one of those who booked a Manza but ended up buying an I20. I was inclined towards buying a sedan mainly due to the rear seat & boot space. Considering the number of times the car would be fully loaded with 5 passengers and luggage, I decided against buying a sedan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks