Maruti Suzuki has officially revealed a few details about its upcoming hatchback-crossover offering - the Ignis. The automaker has also officially announced that the Ignis will be launching in India on January 13th, 2017. Bookings for the car will commence from the first week of January, and interested customers will also be able to book the car through the online route.
The Ignis was earlier showcased in India as a production-ready concept at the 2016 Auto Expo. The production version revealed yesterday is nearly identical to the earlier model, save for a few omissions. The car gets unconventional styling, thanks to a vertical snout, a massive c-pillar and a boxy rear. The wheel arches have been beefed up and black body cladding has been added to justify the Ignis' crossover badge.
Following are a few details about the Maruti Suzuki Ignis that have been officially revealed:
• It will come with two engine options: a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.3-litre diesel
• A 5-speed manual gearbox will be standard. An AMT unit will also be offered with both - petrol and diesel models
• ABS and dual-airbags will be standard across the range. The car will also get seatbelt pretensioners and ISOFIX mounts
• Maruti will offer customization options, which includes roof wraps, fog lamp bezels and front grille colour strips. Customers would also be able to customize a few elements of the interiors, including colour coordinated door handles and gear lever housing
• The interiors will get a dual-tone layout, and will be similar to that of the concept car that was showcased at this year's auto expo
• Top-end model will get a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, while lower trim levels will come with a 2-DIN system
• Other exterior design elements available with the higher models include LED projector headlamps, LED DRLs and 15-inch black alloy wheels
The Maruti Ignis will be sold through the NEXA dealership chain. The company says that the Ignis' target audience is the Indian youth in their 20s.
Source: Car and Bike