Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2008, 15:34   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,467
Thanked: 1,864 Times
Default JEEPTHRILLS 3rd Anniversary (22-23 March 2008)

Hello TBHPians,

Jeep_Thrills will be celebrating its 3rd Anniversary on 5th March
2008, In CHENNAI, Tamil Nadu.

All members are cordially invited as Participants and as Spectators.

This is the schedule for the 3A Celebrations

22-03 (Saturday) - Garage Session - Explain & Display (Pudupet)
i) Engines
ii) Chassis
iii) Suspension
iv) Axles
v) Steering Setup

1000hrs -1300hrs - Morning Session
1300hrs -1430hrs - Lunch
1430hrs -1730hrs - Afternoon Session
1730hrs - Drive to Maj. Roy's Campsite (ADVENTURE ZONE) for the
evening (Near Madurantakam)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
23-03 (Sunday) - OTR & Recovery Techniques (Lec-Dem)
i) Principles of recovery
ii) Types of recovery

1000hrs -1300hrs - Morning Session
1300hrs -1430hrs - Lunch
1430hrs -1730hrs - Afternoon Session
1730hrs - Drive to Chennai.

The cost for camping & food per head
i) Acco - Rs250
ii) Dinner - Rs150
iii)Breakfast - Rs50
iv) Lunch - Rs100
v) Tea & Snack - Rs100
Total -- Rs650 per head

Regards,

Arka

PS - For further details please send me a PM.
ex670c is offline  
Old 5th March 2008, 18:43   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 12,586
Thanked: 7,752 Times
Default

Arka, this one should be intresting. Any last date for registrations / limitations on number of available seats ?
condor is offline  
Old 5th March 2008, 18:48   #3
BHPian
 
Rotorhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 938
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hello TBHPians,

Jeep_Thrills will be celebrating its 3rd Anniversary on 5th March
2008, In CHENNAI, Tamil Nadu.

All members are cordially invited as Participants and as Spectators.

This is the schedule for the 3A Celebrations

22-03 (Saturday) - Garage Session - Explain & Display (Pudupet)
i) Engines
ii) Chassis
iii) Suspension
iv) Axles
v) Steering Setup

1000hrs -1300hrs - Morning Session
1300hrs -1430hrs - Lunch
1430hrs -1730hrs - Afternoon Session
1730hrs - Drive to Maj. Roy's Campsite (ADVENTURE ZONE) for the
evening (Near Madurantakam)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
23-03 (Sunday) - OTR & Recovery Techniques (Lec-Dem)
i) Principles of recovery
ii) Types of recovery

1000hrs -1300hrs - Morning Session
1300hrs -1430hrs - Lunch
1430hrs -1730hrs - Afternoon Session
1730hrs - Drive to Chennai.

The cost for camping & food per head
i) Acco - Rs250
ii) Dinner - Rs150
iii)Breakfast - Rs50
iv) Lunch - Rs100
v) Tea & Snack - Rs100
Total -- Rs650 per head

Regards,

Arka

PS - For further details please send me a PM.
Are you guys going to do some offroading at the campsite aswell ??
Rotorhead is offline  
Old 6th March 2008, 10:51   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
vinod_nookala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 424 Times
Default

Hi arka,

Congratulations to Jeep thrills on its 3rd anniversary!!! I will be in :-)
vinod_nookala is offline  
Old 12th March 2008, 10:52   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 344 Times
Default Congratulations !!!

This is very interesting , Arka.
You can count me in. I am not sure if I will be there for both days, but will definitely try to be there on Sunday.

Thanx.
Blue Thunder is offline  
Old 12th March 2008, 11:17   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,555
Thanked: 465 Times
Default

saturday sounds fun, in pudupet. Will join you for that day, not sure about the night though.
esteem_lover is offline  
Old 12th March 2008, 17:32   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 344 Times
Default

Arka, any plans for an OTR challenge in Chennai, like it is being held in Hyderabad ?

Would love to be part of one if it is organised in Chennai.
Blue Thunder is offline  
Old 13th March 2008, 11:12   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,467
Thanked: 1,864 Times
Default The Ultimate Off-Road Challenge - The Palar Challenge

Of course we have a similar event

We have THE PALAR CHALLENGE (AUGUST 2008)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...7-tpc2007.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...ge-2006-a.html

Some pics

Palar Challenge - Participants Pictures @ Fotopic.Net

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline  
Old 13th March 2008, 12:13   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,965
Thanked: 299 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT
Arka, any plans for an OTR challenge in Chennai, like it is being held in Hyderabad ?
Whats happening in Hyderabad? Great escape?
nitrous is offline  
Old 13th March 2008, 13:36   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 344 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Whats happening in Hyderabad? Great escape?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...arch-08-a.html
Blue Thunder is offline  
Old 13th March 2008, 13:38   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 344 Times
Default The Ultimate Off-Road Challenge - The Palar Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Of course we have a similar event
We have THE PALAR CHALLENGE (AUGUST 2008)
....
Yes, Arka, I am aware of the Palar Challenge, and have already seen the previous year's pics.
Good to know that it is being planned for August this year. Looking forward to that
Blue Thunder is offline  
Old 19th March 2008, 13:23   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 344 Times
Default Details about Day2 please

Arka, Please post details about the location of the campsite for Day 2.
I am trying to make it to day2 of the week-end program.

The first day meeting point is Thiruvanmiyur and not Pudupet, right?

Thanx.
Blue Thunder is offline  
Old 19th March 2008, 13:30   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,965
Thanked: 299 Times
Default

Pudupet is where the tech stuff happened,last year.
Thiruvanmiyur might be the rendezvous point for the camping and next day's off-roading.
nitrous is offline  
Old 19th March 2008, 17:54   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 58,594
Thanked: 173,612 Times
Default

Congratulations to one of the best Jeepers in the country, and to Jeep Thrills! How about hosting an off-roading event in our neck of the woods, Arka? My 4x4 will be ready in a months time and Maharashtra has some fantastic off-roading terrain. Especially in the monsoons.

All the best with your event.
GTO is offline  
Old 20th March 2008, 11:47   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,467
Thanked: 1,864 Times
Default Location for Day #1 - Garage Day.

Hi Guys,

The plan for 22-03-08

0900-0930 - Assemble at Thiruvanmiyur (opp. R.M Hospital)
and Drive to "Patrick's Garage" in Palavakkam.

Address - Plot No. 4&5
Govindanagar (Right Turn on ECR to Grand Slam Tennis Academy)
Palavakkam ( Next to Dog Hospital)

Contact : - V. Patrick Kani 9840269274
ex670c is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks