Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:57   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
WOW. BTW, any details about the blue gypsy - seems different!
suspension over axle and and a chopped off rear end and lotsa rust
thats whats different.
Old 3rd September 2009, 02:15   #122
BHPian

You Guys seem to have had a lot of fun. I wish i could join you . Nice to see all the capable 4wd with off road tyres having fun. I hope you guys don't mind my humble 2wd jeep with jktyre elanzo's.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd September 2009 at 10:11. Reason: Please take time to type in full english, SMS language not allowed. Thanks
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:45   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
WOW. BTW, any details about the blue gypsy - seems different!
As 14K said above, its rusty yes - But... (as said by the owner/driver)

Its from the 1st batch of Made-In-Japan 1ltr Carb'd engines
tuned/muffled enough to zero Noise. I couldnt even hear a exhaust note when it top revved to climb obstacles.
The SPoA setup (claimed) to be less expensive by owner. I cant comment more (I heard this)

Next on WIP - is shortening the wheelbase. Not just the Rear over hang, but move the rear axle a Tad to the front and make it a true SWB.
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:02   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
suspension over axle and and a chopped off rear end and lotsa rust
thats whats different.
Is this s statement or mockery? What matters is capability and willingness for offroading. nOt the external appearence.
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:13   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Is this s statement or mockery? What matters is capability and willingness for offroading. nOt the external appearence.
Well Said Dwarak Sir. I was very eager to catch a look at the 'Spidey' Aka Khan's Gypsy. Since I was a late entry spectator I was heart broken to hear he wouldnt be making it. But @ the Idly-Vada Stop My eyes popped out @ the sight of this Blue-Spider.

Next few hours I was thinking - "So this is why they call Spidey the Invincible" - gbanavar and me were @ Awe...!! This blue-spidey was going places and was the day's Recee vehicle. I mean - this vehicle just did not stop @ anything thrown @ it or 'under' it.

Ps - Paintjob is on the cards if I recollect. This condition is WIP and testing done to check every new Mod.
Old 3rd September 2009, 19:55   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dwaraka - dont think 14k meant any disrespect for the blue SPOA Gypsy. From the pics and the reports here one can make out that it is one capable little monster.

Is there a thread for this vehicle? Would be interesting to know more about the SPOA job and the future WIP.
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:50   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Dwaraka - dont think 14k meant any disrespect for the blue SPOA Gypsy. From the pics and the reports here one can make out that it is one capable little monster.

Is there a thread for this vehicle? Would be interesting to know more about the SPOA job and the future WIP.
wooow. chill mate. it was definitely in a lighter sense. matter of fact i'm extremely impressed with the car and am sure a good paint job will make it one of the best lookers around. mocking anybody was not on my mind at all.
Sorry if i offended anyone here.
matter of fact there is one fantastic pix of that blue gypsy which i've made as wallpaper too!!
Attached Thumbnails
Sarjapur Road-Bidaraguppe OTR on 30th August 2009-dsc.jpg  

Last edited by 14000rpm : 3rd September 2009 at 21:01.
Old 3rd September 2009, 22:02   #128
Senior - BHPian

Simply awesome stuff and awesome photography. The photos capture the pulse of the event really well. Kudos, Rudraji. And I just love that black Amby. I still have a stunning front shot of it.

I hope to join you guys sometime soon. I plan to drive down to Bangalore to catch some offroading with you guys. Please do PM me your contacts, so I know who to get in touch with and we can exchange numbers to update me on any events, so I can join in too.

Cheers,
J
Old 7th September 2009, 14:24   #129
BHPian

*ahem* I am back in town. When is the next outing?
Old 7th September 2009, 19:10   #130
BHPian

OMG . I missed this. I had to drive to Kerala on 30th Morning. Really I missed. So guys, when is the next. My jeep is ready with all the mechanical restoration done and I want test her mettle now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks