Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 16:59   #121
BHPian

I'm still waiting for the offroading to start.
Old 19th May 2010, 17:23   #122
BHPian

sorry to bust everyones happy bubble
mine was busted too
if you expect to see and entire hour of only offroading forget it,
ill tell u the format of eachs show hence forth
*the day starts with a mind game which has points and decides the order for the days events
*next in an offroad course (decent stuff, not super duper hardcore)
*then is a mini dare
*finally is the main dare for the day

this is the format, it involves lots of travelling from each dare spot to the next
mr shrikant has designed the obstacles courses
u will not be dissapointed with a few of them

its basically offroading coupled with mind power and lots of physical and presence of mind in completing the dares

Mr khan@ what are you talking about, beats me
Prithvi@ your dead buddy
Old 27th May 2010, 15:06   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this weeks episode yesterday and had these observations. Allan/Prithvi please clarify:

Red Gypsy toppled over & the driver said that accelerator cable got jammed and hence he toppled..!!!! I somehow think that he was speeding at the turn & he flipped. What say??

Shahid burnt his clutch. Did he burn it while getting stuck -- coz the impression he & his partner gave was that they got stuck because the clutch got fried . And it seemed such a silly place to get stuck

@Prithvi: Strange to see your partner mention that he felt that the stream could be crossed and he could do it. Looking at the stream/video, it looks that a stock gypsy would have had water coming in big time.

Also, observed that you participants only were doing the recovery etc. What were the organizers doing??

Of all teams, the vibes between Allan & his team mate are the best -- with both going ga-ga over each other.
At one time, his partner even mentioned something like: "from childhood I had this dream and only wanted Allan as my partner/driver and am soooooooooo happy. However I don't know if Allan is happy with him getting me as his partner"
Old 27th May 2010, 15:32   #124
BHPian

Red Gypsy toppled over & the driver said that accelerator cable got jammed and hence he toppled..!!!! I somehow think that he was speeding at the turn & he flipped. What say??

me think so too, but i think it was not too much to do with speeding, but hitting the apex on a turn and flipping

Shahid burnt his clutch. Did he burn it while getting stuck -- coz the impression he & his partner gave was that they got stuck because the clutch got fried . And it seemed such a silly place to get stuck

Shahid is a newbie to ofroading, first time he used 4 wheel drive was on this show. At this particualar spot if you notice his front wheels are not spinning, he told me he engaged four wheel, so my guess is he did not engage the hub locks, this in my opinion is what caused the clutch burnout. Plus he used the clutch alot while offroading too alot

@Prithvi: Strange to see your partner mention that he felt that the stream could be crossed and he could do it. Looking at the stream/video, it looks that a stock gypsy would have had water coming in big time.

I backed out in my lifted vehicle also.
thought it was unnecessary and not called for.
i yelled at prithvi after seeing his state as to why he did not try in on foot first or use a stick to check the depth.
his partner again is a rally speciallist so would have not gauged the depth as needed in offroading.
Even him going for the battery wire was unnecessary in my opinion.

Also, observed that you participants only were doing the recovery etc. What were the organizers doing??

this you do not want to know,
they had a tractor for towing standing150 feet away with that long a rope, again blame experience and bad pre study

Of all teams, the vibes between Allan & his team mate are the best -- with both going ga-ga over each other.
At one time, his partner even mentioned something like: "from childhood I had this dream and only wanted Allan as my partner/driver and am soooooooooo happy. However I don't know if Allan is happy with him getting me as his partner"

ya ya, khan bhai
smart editing on the part of the producers.
but ya, we did make a good team
full briefing in bombay
Old 27th May 2010, 15:46   #125
BHPian

Hi allan,

You should consider inviting the crew and cast of "Flight of the Hawkz" to the AKC / EXAMM event..This might be a good learning from all of them plus we can get some media coverage

You can continue to be shy and sensitive character during the event...Muuuhhhuuaahahhahaah

cheers..
Old 31st May 2010, 23:56   #126
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd June 2010 at 14:13.
Abbas is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st June 2010, 10:28   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Somehow I did not enjoy this episode. No off-roading at all. What was that take your Gypsy over dry river bed stuff. It was not at all challenging

Hey, what happened to Shahid's Gypsy? Not to be seen.. I laughed aloud when he said that this dry river bed would have be a cakewalk for him if he had his Gypsy -- when he had got stuck and fried his clutch at a far far easier place :-)

Somehow, there seems to be no team-bonding between Shahid & his partner. It was evident when at the final dare, all others were cheering Shahid but his partner was just looking at Shahid with a dejected glaze

Rest of the stuff was all adventure stuff with little to do with any off-roading.

PS: Allan, what was with you all posing with Maggi Noodles? I can imagine you all being told to say that Maggi is good :-)
Old 1st June 2010, 13:36   #128
BHPian

[quote=khan_sultan;1914919]Somehow I did not enjoy this episode. No off-roading at all. What was that take your Gypsy over dry river bed stuff. It was not at all challenging

Hey, what happened to Shahid's Gypsy? Not to be seen.. I laughed aloud when he said that this dry river bed would have be a cakewalk for him if he had his Gypsy -- when he had got stuck and fried his clutch at a far far easier place :-)

that was indeed really funny, he anyways got my gypsy stuck and i had to get it out,
they called me a gentleman

Somehow, there seems to be no team-bonding between Shahid & his partner. It was evident when at the final dare, all others were cheering Shahid but his partner was just looking at Shahid with a dejected glaze

they hate the sight of each other

Rest of the stuff was all adventure stuff with little to do with any off-roading.

sad but true, most of the offroading happening has been edited out to show the adventure stuff...reallly boring

PS: Allan, what was with you all posing with Maggi Noodles? I can imagine you all being told to say that Maggi is good :-)

totally buddy, that was the one day they gave us maggie and made us pose and all,

but the gypsy still looks hot, me and my partners bonding also
Old 8th June 2010, 15:32   #129
Senior - BHPian

Great chemistry between you and your partner man. Looks like things got pretty wet in close quarters

BTW - was there any rule that you HAD to be on the raft? They explicitly ruled that you cannot be in the water swimming while holding the raft? That would have been the fastest and steadiest approach.
Old 8th June 2010, 15:43   #130
Senior - BHPian

Was able to watch just the first 20 minutes of the program.

If only we could have not had the experts comments and observations by that lady! But heck, she is just doing her role!

Need to watch the re-telecast for the remaining part of the program.
Old 8th June 2010, 15:47   #131
Team-BHP Support

It was very funny to see Netra commenting on what makes a perfect offroader, Ford Endeavor and Apollo Tyres. Did you know you can drive through water using Apollo tyres?

That Shahid was really a under-performing participant. He couldn't catch that hanging ladder even when the much heavier Gautam could make it. He also got stuck twice in offroading competitions earlier unlike anybody else.

Great performance by teams of Prithvi and Allan, they lost out only in the tight rope walking act, which incidentally was a high-scoring event.

I am surprised that no timing is kept for offroading performance. As long as one completes, they get full score.
Old 8th June 2010, 16:15   #132
Senior - BHPian

Netra's Tamglish is awful on TV and there are no other attributes to her that distract from the crap delivery of her memorized lines. Her arms need not be in the frame because they just seem to wave around for no reason to make no point.

Missed the live show last night...will catch the re-run tonight.

As long as Allan is still in the show it will be worth watching! The jeep doesn't look the same with those apollo tires. Are you contractually obligated to plug them as well? How do they drive?
Old 8th June 2010, 16:40   #133
Senior - BHPian

The way Allan did the mind blender was beautiful!

Allan: speak the truth; have you done this before? You made it look too easy!!!
Old 8th June 2010, 17:34   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
The way Allan did the mind blender was beautiful!

Allan: speak the truth; have you done this before? You made it look too easy!!!
first time honestly, begineers luck and a little common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post

As long as Allan is still in the show it will be worth watching! The jeep doesn't look the same with those apollo tires. Are you contractually obligated to plug them as well? How do they drive?
thanks buddy
the hawk tyres were good on the road but awful off the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

I am surprised that no timing is kept for offroading performance. As long as one completes, they get full score.
i know, if only these were timed, i would have won by leaps and bounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Great chemistry between you and your partner man. Looks like things got pretty wet in close quarters

BTW - was there any rule that you HAD to be on the raft? They explicitly ruled that you cannot be in the water swimming while holding the raft? That would have been the fastest and steadiest approach.
u had to be on the raft, that and one contestant had to be standing
Old 14th June 2010, 23:03   #135
Senior - BHPian

Next week is the final episode!

Prithvi - lead all the way till the last is it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks