Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2010, 11:37   #106
BHPian

Got a small issues with the Pajero, need advice.

Yesterday while removing a puncture the guy broke a wheel bolt. My mech told me its ok we can get it fixed on Monday. (Check Pictures) Kindly suggest action.

@Mohan: The pictures are amazing. Just that the water looks too clean.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai Mega OTR - April 10,11(Alibaugh)-snc00325.jpg  

Old 10th April 2010, 11:54   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

Five o'clock pm sharp today below the bridge at palm beach road!
Old 10th April 2010, 12:14   #108
BHPian

@aLL

The weather is amazing today, and it is expected to be same tomorrow. I think god has also started favoring us .
Mumbai Mega OTR - April 10,11(Alibaugh)-weather-forecast.jpg

@Mohan

The itinerary looks perfectly good for the offroaders. Please don’t exclude that lake/river with clear water from it.

Prbly you can keep it @ last so we can do some diving/boating and take a bath. A bath in a river after an OTR will be very refreshing.

Cheers!

Alok
Old 10th April 2010, 12:28   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Alok, get ur boat.

Anyone has a portable music system?
Old 10th April 2010, 16:38   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Allan,
I will pick you from Bandra. I will call you after 11am today to coordinate.

Gogi, the mm540 skid plates fit perfectly.
Thanks Tejas wonder if its too late to get them from somewhere? Lets see.

Guys just got a call form Viper. Hes joining in too and if anyone needs a ride in air-conditioned comfort of his Civic Type-R then you'd better contact him or me. Hes mostly riding alone as ill be driving my CJ. He would leave by 7ish I guess.

EDIT- asked my mechanic to rush to Kurla CST with the Jeep and get the skids fixed. Since the MM540 fit perfectly, they should be available a dime a dozen there.

Last edited by V-16 : 10th April 2010 at 16:46. Reason: adding content
Old 10th April 2010, 19:43   #111
Senior - BHPian

I guess some of the guys are already well on their way to Alibaug by now. I'm all sorted for tomorrow morning as well. See you all there at 9:00am!
Old 11th April 2010, 21:22   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Just back!!! Super OTR... Slush, mud, climbs, ruts, drama and the Thar in action!

Soumya, you have been back home since afternoon... Where is the report buddy!
Old 11th April 2010, 22:06   #113
Senior - BHPian

hes started a new thread for that??!! so should people post their report there i guess?

Last edited by V-16 : 11th April 2010 at 22:09.
Old 11th April 2010, 22:30   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
hes started a new thread for that??!! so should people post their report there i guess?

i guess this where all action will continue

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...r-ordered.html
Old 11th April 2010, 22:40   #115
Senior - BHPian

Well it was a great OTR. My fist as a participant and the same for my Hurricane engined CJ3B (Apologies to the Jawans who used it to serve the country before it was bestowed unto me)
A special thanks to all of you for encouraging an absolute newbie like me (as a participant in an OTR). A special thanks to Behrambhai, Tejas and Pinki Paaji for pushing me to undertake trails i would have never had the guts or confidence to tackle. Needless to say with their expert guidance and mostly a lot of help from my CJ, it was possible to make whatever i undertook, seem like a cake walk. Really, i have a newfound respect for the Hurricane powered CJ3B and i love it now, not only for its looks but for its abilities to crawl silently just about anywhere and everywhere.

The day started with a light breakfast with Behram bhai and Viper at 6:40 am at my place.

I hopped in to the "THAR", Viper in his Civic type R and my mechnaic Razak in my CJ.
The That is in another league altogether. Firstly it does not seem like a diesel powered vehicle. Secondly it behaves nothing like a Mahindra Jeep. Its fast to the point of being lethal and is surefooted and very much at ease being cornered hard in plus three digit speeds, as is at home in terrain where almost no other vehicle would venture.

Let me introduce the Thar to you as i rode in the vehicle from Mumbai to Alibaug and loved every bit of it.

It is bulit for an OTR...no wait, it is built for the road...no wait it is actually built for some good speedy cornering.....no no actually it is.....well its built for an enthusiast who wants to do all of the above and more. I wish Mahindra is seriously looking at building this go anywhere vehicle. I hope also, it will not meet the fate of the AXE which disappeared into oblivion as fast as it appeared. (Please, i hope someone at M&M finally does what the public wants.)

Looks was never an M&M strong point so lets totally forget what the Thar looks like. It handles like any other sedan would and thats saying a lot about a Jeep. Of course you have to be a good driver to extract the maximum, i had the good fortune to be an awestruck passenger while the Behram Dhabar (herinafter refered to as BD ) drove her around like a college kid would. Had it been anyone else, i would have opted to get off at the next street light but with BD at the wheel i was sure that he knew what he was doing. It ate the tarmac for breakfast, including some Skoda Laura inhabitants who could not believe that a Jeep just whipped their ego at the street light. im sure they are all lined up at the dealership asking the company to check whats wrong with their car. Its not whats wrong with their car, its whats right with the Thar. Firstly its BD at the wheel. I remembered my rally days when we used to drive Fiats and Esteems like that but a Jeep being driven as if its a Evo and the damn machine responding positively too. Wow. M&m you guys got a winner here, just get your pricing right and you have something no other competitor has.
More about the OTR with some pics tomorrow. Was so exited about the Thar Thar i just had to post today.

Last edited by V-16 : 11th April 2010 at 22:41.
Old 12th April 2010, 19:34   #116
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support:

Please continue discussion here

This thread is closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks