Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Old 28th June 2010, 14:19   #31

It it happens next year . I will be there. Missed it this year as my baby is being partially rebuilt.
Old 28th June 2010, 15:34   #32

What an event!!! AKC was out of the world, I dont have words to describe the event. I enjoyed a LOT, the trail was awesome.

Started off in the slush thinking it will end round the corner, whoa, it went on and i was slipping and sliding into the final right turn.

Every obstacle was so neatly planned that it followed each other. Exit one and enter the other, no time lag in between.

Proper ropes tied to direct the vehicles, red shirted guys to direct you in the right direction, backup trails in case a vehicle wants to exit the main trail, food arrangement was very good.

The event has actually set an example for others who want to organise such a large scale event on their own.

Kunal, Hats off to you and your family and AKs family.

Wonderfully managed event. Just a bit sad that the rains played spoil sport and the river crossing was aborted but overall, a smile on the face.

BTW, post the slush pit at the right hander, a cement post would have been broken and you can blame that on me

AKC Rocks!

Raj
Old 28th June 2010, 15:42   #33

Congratulations on the success of the AKC
Old 28th June 2010, 15:50   #34

Wow! you folks had gala time offroading.
Old 28th June 2010, 15:54   #35

here are some more pictures from nishant Chabria and kishore Chabrias (AKA Mudslinger) camera and also a few from Amit Gaud.
The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc1.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc2.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc3.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc4.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc5.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc6.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc7.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc8.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc9.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc10.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc11.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc12.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc13.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc14.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc15.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc17.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc18.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc19.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0144.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0165.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0150.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0154.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0168.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0171.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0175.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0155.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0176.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0181.jpg  

Old 28th June 2010, 15:55   #36

Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
BTW, post the slush pit at the right hander, a cement post would have been broken and you can blame that on me
Aha! Now I know who you are, number ending with 7060. For all of us standing there, it was a very comical scene. Lot of growling followed by a Bang!
Old 28th June 2010, 16:03   #37

Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
On Behalf of Abhimanyu Singh's family and the AKC team.

I wanted to thank all the participants for attending and enjoying the event to the fullest it has really put a smile on all our faces and made all the effort worthwhile.

Rustom , Burgees and Neville! I have new respect for the Gypsy, like the old saying goes,it is the man not the machine!You guys were great.

Rustom you had guts to cross the stream which quickly turned into a fast flowing river after the downpour,not many would have done that.
Kunal! You Rock!

Fantastic organizing! Your pillars i.e. Huda, your mom & dad; Abhi's mom,dad & sis... all deserve a big salute!

Also the entire tactical support team of your spotters & Mahindra recovery team deserve a big round of applause@

Will not talk much as almost all have mentioned what a great organized event it was...
Let the pics speak for now...

P.S: Gypsies Rock!
The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-p1010213.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-p1010215.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-p1010216.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-p1010217.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-p1010219.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-p1010223.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-p1010227.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-p1010237.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-p1010240.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-p1010239.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th June 2010 at 20:09. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 28th June 2010, 16:12   #38

Aha! Now I know who you are, number ending with 7060. For all of us standing there, it was a very comical scene. Lot of growling followed by a Bang!

Hey, that was not me, mine was a Mh registered HT Gypsy King and there was no loud bang. i just skidded to a halt and touched the cement post and it just crumbled and fell off, but i would like to know more about the 7060
Old 28th June 2010, 16:15   #39

Still more pictures phew! this is getting tiring, come on guys lets see the event from other perspectives , i saw quite a few guys with still and video cameras.
The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0178.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0187.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0184.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0190.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0191.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0195.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0201.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0203.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0205.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0206.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0208.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0210.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0213.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0214.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0215.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0218.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0220.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0225.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0228.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0233.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0234.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0236.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0239.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0240.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0241.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0242.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0231.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-dsc_0238.jpg  

Old 28th June 2010, 16:18   #40

Awesome! One word to describe The Alfa Kilo Challenge. My first OTR event albeit as a passenger/ spectator, and what an event it turned out to be.
Hats of to Kunal, Huda, Bhaskaran Uncle & Aunty, Mr. & Mrs. Singh (Abimanyu's parents), Akshi for conceptualizing and organizing an event of such magnitude. Take a bow people. You were the most gracious hosts and really wonderful people to interact with. I take this opportunity to thank you on behalf of my son Aditya, wife Arthi and myself for letting us be a part of this event.
Kunal, you are the man! What a wonderful offroading trail. I am a relative newbie to this sort of driving, but with my limited knowledge, I realised you had put in a lot of effort to devise a trail, that would test the drive and the driver to the limit. There was something in each obstacle for everyone.
At the start of the event, I realised my camera batteries had died out! In a way it was a blessing. I got an opportunity to see all the vehicles performing, and what a performance it was. Was truly amazed, seeing what the vehicles could do in the hands of the capable drivers. It was a great feeling being a part of this event, where the seniors were ready and more than willing to help out the newbies.

@Motocamp - Kunal, you were the leader, so I did not see you actually doing all the obstacles, but since you were the first, I know for a fact that you completed them. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of this wonderful event.
Vinod Nookala, Spike Arrestor, it was great meeting you in person and thank you for the support from the Mahindra Staff/ Recovery vehicles.
Behram Sir, you and your awesome machine. The THAR is good, really very very good!
@DKG - Deepak sir, I am repeating myself. The Buddha of the jeeping world! It was a pleasure and an honour to meet you.
@tigerranch - Kishor and Nishant, what a wonderful father and son duo. It was great meeting and interacting you.
UBS sir, your presence at this event was a blessing for people like me. It was really nice talking to and gaining knowledge from you. The performance of your machines was superlative sir. Someday in the near future I will surely come to Liluah to see your collection and talk about jeeps.
@ Satan & Rossi - Neville, Rustom, Burgees and Col. Mehta(I hope i got that right), you guys rock. Thanks for allowing us to ride with you. New respect for the Gypsy, all thanks to your driving skills!
David, Tanya, Ramesh and gang, it was wonderful meeting all of you.
@Milecruncher - Anirudha and Bidisha, it was a pleasure meeting you. Sorry could not meet you before you left on Sunday.
@ex670c, Arka sir, it was a pleasure meeting you and chatting with you over the dying bonfire. AABAR NISCHOI DEKHA HOBE!
@Samurai - Sharath sir it was pleasure meeting you and seeing you in person. Your support as a spotter/ marshal/ guide was amazing. Looking forward to seeing some pictures from your camera! Also learnt a new way of removing water from gumboots, without actually taking them off!
@robinson.s - Robby you and your Invader rock! Amazing machine, amazing driving skills!
@Jaggu and KhanSultan- It was a pleasure meeting up with you. Shanawaz, one mean machine sir!
@V-16, Gogi sir, MAIN KEE KAINDA! AAP NE TOH KAMAAL KAR DIYA! KYA GADDI, KYA BANDAA! Was a pleasure meeting you sir!
@ Genesis - Soumya, it was a pleasure meeting you and chatting. Will surely catch up with you someday! Two caps from KhardungLa coming up shortly, but only if you promise to take me as a passenger for the next OTR event. (Just kidding)
@ Prasad (forgot your T-BHP handle), was great meeting you and talking to you. Do keep in touch, you have my cell no., sms me yours.
Allan, Devang, Tejas, Jignesh, it was great seeing you all in person and putting a face to the T-BHP handles. Very sorry could not interact much with you, neither could I watch you and your machines perform (Was with the batch that left first). Will try and make it to some other event and catch up with you.
@gsferrari, I missed catching up with you and your machine(and of course your legendary cooler). Hope we can meet someday soon at an event!

To all the others who participated and whom I have missed out, especially those who drove all the way from Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, thanks for making the event a grand success and a treat to watch for people like me!
Old 28th June 2010, 16:50   #41

@Kunal -Thank you very much to you & your family for wonderful hospitailty and needless to say you own a GREAT PLACE!(Offroaders Paradise)

EXAMM & AKC has everything to offer, right from climbs, hill driving, mud, slush & crazy descents.

The terrain was very nicely selected; the EXAM syllabus was mainly Hilly Terrain of Sahyadri Mountains where AKC was at foothills of Sahyadri Mountains, so in three days everyone got the chance to test their machines in Hills & River beds, really appreciable, good show organizers.
Few satellite shots below to give you an idea of the terrain

EXAMM (Day 1) – Route & Waypoints
The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-examm-lonawala-trail.jpg
AKC (Day 2) - Route & Waypoints
The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc-trail.jpg
Drive from AKC to Sawarsi. -Route & Waypoints
The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc-examm-day-2.jpg
SAWARSI (Day 3) – Waypoints (Sorry forgot to save the Route)
The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-sawarsi-image.jpg
Enjoy the terrain, pics will follow soon.

Alok,
Old 28th June 2010, 16:56   #42

@crazy power
which gps and mapping software are you using
Old 28th June 2010, 17:05   #43

Kunal, looks like the event was a huge hit!
I'm really glad it all worked out so well!

I missed it this time, but looking forward to doing a few trails there this monsoon!
Old 28th June 2010, 17:41   #44

thanks a lot guys for the pictures .
we can at least take virtual tour with them.
Old 28th June 2010, 18:11   #45

@rahul

I am using GPSMAP 78s garmin model, software is google earth for the satellite imageiry and displaying the gpx file of track recorded through 78s.

Last edited by Crazy4Power : 28th June 2010 at 18:12.