Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 17:54   #91
DKG
Senior - BHPian

The AKC was a fitting tribute to Abhimanyu. What made it so special was the human element that was evident throughout in organising it. So much attention to detail. The warmth with which we were welcomed and hosted at the Bhaskaran farm made it all very special.

Kunal is a man of few words but his wife Huda and friend Akshi made a world of difference in making us feel comfortable in their home over the weekend.

It was a pleasure to chat with Mr. Bhaskaran about his lovely farm and the times he has spent there.

The meticulous way in which the whole event was planned is true testimony to Kunal's talent as a superb organiser. The effort was so evident and I'm sure no one missed it.

The trail was fun and despite the heat of the day the evening session made up big time with a rainshower rendering the evening gorgeous. I'm sure Abhimanyu had something to do with that !!

The AKC had planned a dinner, breakfast, lunch, dinner and breakfast again with two night's stay. Wow I was floored by so much you guys organised for all of us.

You have set very high standards Kunal and I have no doubt AKC will head to a whole new level in future. You must move the event around the country. Don't limit it to Karjat.

Congratulations and a big thank you to you, your parents and AK's parents.

Above all a very big thank you to Huda and Akshi for making our stay so comfortable. You guys were terrific !!

Last edited by DKG : 30th June 2010 at 17:55.
Old 30th June 2010, 23:33   #92
BHPian

Hi thanks to all who are behind all the three events, driving 1800 Kms up & down from Bangalore is worth, no time to post pictures i will process and do it tomorrow.

Old 1st July 2010, 05:32   #93
BHPian

No Fair guys , you weren't supposed to put stones at the articulation obstacle.

Just wished it had rained in the morning the trail would have been so much better!!
Old 1st July 2010, 07:26   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

This says it all ...... Must try and make it for the next time.
Old 1st July 2010, 13:08   #95
BHPian

Kunal

Still coming to terms with this week’s workload, so this delayed post. Superb effort on organizing the AKC.

Abhimanyu would be very proud to have a friend like you and this sort of friendship is indeed very rare to see in these times. I was awed by the manner in which you were running around and all over the trail to help / ensure that all made it through, right from the first slush pit all the way thru to the river crossing

A big thank-you to you, your family and Abhimanyu’s folks for making this event a thumping success.

Neville

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st July 2010 at 13:11. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external fornt editors, also Preview before Submitting posts. thanks
Old 1st July 2010, 14:47   #96

We reached home, (Chennai) last night after a 2600 Km ride. Enjoyed the event. Alfa / Kilo event had a great trail. I guess it will take many more days to run thru the trail properly. Thanks to all who made it happen. Hope to meet you guys some time in the future.
Old 1st July 2010, 15:22   #97
Senior - BHPian

Akc2010

Hi Kunal,

The event was very well organised, and the trail was exciting as it required a lot of thinking.

We look forward to AKC2011.

Regards,

Arka
Old 1st July 2010, 16:20   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan View Post
Kunal

Still coming to terms with this week’s workload, so this delayed post. Superb effort on organizing the AKC.

Abhimanyu would be very proud to have a friend like you and this sort of friendship is indeed very rare to see in these times. I was awed by the manner in which you were running around and all over the trail to help / ensure that all made it through, right from the first slush pit all the way thru to the river crossing

A big thank-you to you, your family and Abhimanyu’s folks for making this event a thumping success.

Neville
Thanks
neville,I will offroad with you guys anytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrack1in View Post
We reached home, (Chennai) last night after a 2600 Km ride. Enjoyed the event. Alfa / Kilo event had a great trail. I guess it will take many more days to run thru the trail properly. Thanks to all who made it happen. Hope to meet you guys some time in the future.

Hi Kunal,

The event was very well organised, and the trail was exciting as it required a lot of thinking.

We look forward to AKC2011.

Regards,

Arka
Thanks Arka ,Patrick and all the Chennai Boys who drove from the other end of the country to be at the AKC.

I never really got to see you guys do the trail as we were seperated by many vehicles,anyway there is always next year!
Old 1st July 2010, 16:47   #99
BHPian

The 2011 Alfa Kilo Challenge!

We have had an overwhelming response for the 2010 AKC.

This might be a little premature due to the fact everybody is still recovering from 3 days of offroading and many many thousand km of driving,but planning for the 2011 AKC is already underway.

We hope to improve on a few aspects of the event but the Fundamentals of the AKC will never change i.e

It will always be designed to challenge every participant and will include a variety of terrain.

It would be an event that hopefully brings all the offorad fanatics of India together and help promoting this sport in India.

For the 2011 event we plan to hold the event in an alltogether new place and very different terrain.
Old 1st July 2010, 19:18   #100
BHPian

hi , Kunal iam in for AKC 2011
Old 2nd July 2010, 00:47   #101
Team-BHP Support

Alfa Kilo challenge was so involving that i almost forgot i had a camera Very few shots from my side, but am sure others would make up for it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc1.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc2.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc3.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc4.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc5.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc6.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc7.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc8.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc9.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc10.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc11.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc12.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc13.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc14.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc15.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc16.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc17.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc18.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc19.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc20.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc21.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc22.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc23.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc24.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc25.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc26.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc27.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc28.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc29.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc30.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2010, 00:50   #102
Team-BHP Support

Last set from my side for the AKC, one of the most memorable OTR trips ever!
Attached Thumbnails
The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc31.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc32.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc33.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc34.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc35.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc36.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc37.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2010, 08:02   #103
BHPian

Awesome Just Awesome Guys , I loved the way all the drivers and participants were just smiling most of the time

I know their should be some more video and pictures of the event, guys do the needfull please!
Old 2nd July 2010, 09:43   #104

AKC was the best thing that ever happened to me..

Hey Kunal,

I would really like to thank you and your family for everything. You guys did a great job. Next time i will make sure that i am there atleast there with you guys for a week. I would love to be a part of the planning. Events has always been in my blood..

Regards, to aunty uncle, Ajit Uncle and aunty.. 3 Cheers to Huda & Akshi..

And yes above all thanks to Ram Bhadhur & Zubair. Had they not been there i dont think my jeep wound have made it through the Challenge. They started work at 6 am in the morning and saw to it that my jeep was set to go through all the challenges without any hitch.

Kunal, this credit also goes thru you.. It would have never happened without your support.

This has been my first ever Offroad trip which was scaring me to the core.. But with my dad on my side boosting me up to go thru every obstacle just made things so easy. And would have not been possible with out you, dad!!

Would also like to thank Amol & James.. Your were also oh great help..

@ Gautam - Thanks boss, This trip was a great learning.

Thanks to everyone there.. I dont think i knew everyone nor could interact with you guys. But yes the next time we will bang it and bang it even more..

Cheers guys...
Old 2nd July 2010, 15:03   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
Awesome Just Awesome Guys , I loved the way all the drivers and participants were just smiling most of the time

I know their should be some more video and pictures of the event, guys do the needfull please!
Show us mud, water and some obstacles! that's all you need to do to keep us grinning

Again you and your team just rockz Kunal, am still hung over with the experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks