Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2010, 16:03   #61
BHPian

Guys I was trying to find an alternate route to reach Ambey Valley on Google earth.

I managed to get this route by connecting the roads available, If any of you know this route, pls put the details, it will be gr8 help as we can dirctly connect to the AV road just after the Dam. I think its a diversion from Center Point Hotel or STES College campus.

Screen shot of google earth.

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-ambey-valley-alternate-route.jpg

Cheers!

Alok
Old 13th August 2010, 18:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Thus, guys leaving from bombay in the morning, the meeting time is preponed.
Yaayyy!!

Quote:
Here's the plan:
So you guys need to coordinate and reach by 730 atleast. Thus, your meeting time will be preponed. This is not in our hands unfortunately.

I'm meeting Gogi tonight and will finalize the time and meeting point with him since he will be coming on sunday morning. I will post the final time tomorrow.

Whoever is coming on sunday morning from bombay please start a list so we know who's there so there's no endless waiting at McDonalds.

Sunday morning people list:
Gogi
Vikramvicky
Sudarshan Friend

Saturday Night:
R32_GTR + Wife
Paras + Friends
Manan
Alok + 1
Nishanth
Amol
Tejas
Guys lets leave Bombay by 5 and reach McDonald's by 6. That way it will be safer to reach Lonavala much before their so called cut off time. Expect a huge rush if you reach Lonavala by 7:30 or so because we are not the only wise ones to have come to know that the entry will be closed.

Tejas till what time will the entry be closed?

I may need some help. I definitely have one friend along who will ride with me but may have another one more coming, i cant say till Sat night (because their rising time is directly related to the amount of alcohol they ingest the previous night) SO i might need another vehicle to give them a ride in. It is killing to ride in the cramped rear seat of the CJ and till Lonavala..... no way!! So one group can meet me at Pritam at 4:45am, to leave by 5 (if you guys want breakfast come early, ill have it arranged here) and the rest can congregate at Chembur at 5:15 or so, to leave together via the palm beach road to Mcdonalds. We must plan to leave Mcdonalds between 6:00 and 6:15. Guys please fill your gas/oil/tyre pressure/coolant/water etc etc the day before. That goes for me too.

Personally as i have mentioned above. the closer we get to 8:00 am the more traffic we can expect.

Also we must all get together and sing the National Anthem on this day.

Ok so whos the official photographer??
Old 13th August 2010, 18:35   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - I guess I'll just have to give this one a miss as I have 3 prayers happening in my house / fire temple on 15 August as it falls within 10 days before the Parsi New Year. I am going to miss the Fiat classic car club drive also. .

Best of luck and please post lots of pictures.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 13th August 2010, 18:35   #64

I wont be able to make it for this one..Sadly, due to some personal reasons and also ongoing prayers etc.

If the road is shut, just tell them you have been invited to Amby valley. Im sure they will open the roads immidiately.

EDIt: Seems like both me and dad were looking at the same thing

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 13th August 2010 at 18:36.
Old 13th August 2010, 19:19   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - I guess I'll just have to give this one a miss as I have 3 prayers happening in my house / fire temple on 15 August as it falls within 10 days before the Parsi New Year. I am going to miss the Fiat classic car club drive also. .

Best of luck and please post lots of pictures.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Not fair Behrambhai, was looking forward to seeing you for this one.

Cyrus, dikra, who will click our pics
Old 13th August 2010, 20:30   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post

Cyrus, dikra, who will click our pics
Tony Bhai...A/C gypsy joiyech sooo?? green colour neee??

Translated to: Do you need a green Gypsy With A/C
Old 13th August 2010, 21:45   #67
BHPian

Hope you guys have a great trip.
It was great interacting with some of the participants sometime back on telecon.

I am heading off to Tadoba Tiger reserve in a while for some offroading and Tiger Photography with a bunch of wildlife ethusiasts and some team bhp members from around the country.

Here's a report of some of my recent trips to this Tiger reserve http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2025368

Have a great time guys and come back with some great pics and vids.
I will join you all in not so distant future.

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh

Tiger cubs playing in water at Tadoba

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_4937g-copy.jpg
Old 14th August 2010, 02:09   #68
BHPian

Please decide the final meeting time

Quote:
Guys lets leave Bombay by 5 and reach McDonald's by 6. That way it will be safer to reach Lonavala much before their so called cut off time. Expect a huge rush if you reach Lonavala by 7:30 or so because we are not the only wise ones to have come to know that the entry will be closed.
Gogi Bhai, i think 0600 hrs would be a little too early. As mentioned by Devang the entry point shall be blocked after 0800hrs, so if we keep the cut off time at 0630 hrs at MCD panvel we should comfortably make it to lonavala meeting point @ 0730 hrs. I have sent you a p.m for my number, kindly respond.

Guys please give your inputs and lets conclude the final time, its getting a bit confusing.

Quote:
Here's a report of some of my recent trips to this Tiger reserve http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2025368

Abheekg, The Tiger Cubs playing in water are a dream come true for a photographer. The details are fine and crisp and couldn't notice any noise as well. The water comming out of the cubs hand has made the photo more and more desirable, could you mention how long you had to wait to click it and what camera, lens and settings were used.
Old 14th August 2010, 08:57   #69
BHPian

We will be passing lonavala's Rk restaurant by 7:00am in the morning and will drive straight to the Trail head.

See you guys There

Anybody from Pune Who plans to meet me at RK's at 7:00am speak now
Old 14th August 2010, 09:43   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post

Thanks. We are not very far away from you. You should come one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi View Post

Translated to: Do you need a green Gypsy With A/C
Are you coming tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 cruiser View Post
Gogi Bhai, i think 0600 hrs would be a little too early. As mentioned by Devang the entry point shall be blocked after 0800hrs, so if we keep the cut off time at 0630 hrs at MCD panvel we should comfortably make it to lonavala meeting point @ 0730 hrs. I have sent you a p.m for my number, kindly respond.

Guys please give your inputs and lets conclude the final time, its getting a bit confusing.
We all met and discussed last night. Independence day road blocks are serious. Gogi will leave from hotel pritam (dadar - east) at 5:00am and meet the rest at McD at 6:00am so they can be in lonavla at 7:00am.

Meeting point is Lion's Point (the flat land after Bhushy Dam). Kunal, request Pune guys also be there. It's a neutral spot where cars can wait without raising eyebrows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 cruiser View Post
could you mention how long you had to wait to click it and what camera, lens and settings were used.
Check his thread.

Another thing:

We will be having lunch on the trail tomorrow.

Either you carry your own food or else i'm going early today to try to arrange for food packets for tomorrow (biryani). If you guys want us to arrange, i need to know before 4pm today. Please post here with veg/nonveg preference.

Everyone please carry 4 litres of water per person as well as mosquito repellant.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 14th August 2010 at 09:45. Reason: added last bold point at end of post
Old 14th August 2010, 10:40   #71
BANNED

S2a Departure

Dear all, As per the declarations of our Guru's & Organizers & in referance & responce to that.

All parties(concerned),including drivers/pilots,Guards & passengers take note of following

The green Landy of Sudarshan will travel by following order

1) departure time Pune at 5.00 am 15 Aug. 2010

2) passing RK hotel Lonavala at 7.00 am 15 Aug 2010

3) Lion point at 7.30 am 15 Aug 2010

4) trail head at 8.00 am 15 Aug 2010

5) dissappear in woods , by order of Protocol officer

6) -----

Important : Car no in convoy will be FIXED by order of protocall officer Mr. Tejas

No complaints afterwards. ( entering the trail )

All the disputes will be sorted out by MR Kunal , his decision will be final

yours Sudarshan
Old 14th August 2010, 10:46   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Sudarshan, you have not answered my lunch query.
Old 14th August 2010, 10:57   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Sudarshan, you have not answered my lunch query.
Yes Sir, two packs VEG. sir . ( I eat anything sir , but Gujju passenger-- only veg sir.)

yours Sudarshan
Old 14th August 2010, 12:01   #74
BHPian

No problem lions point it is!...see you guys at 7:30am.

Guys one request...all the guys who love doing doughnuts... please refrain from doing this as Tejas pointed out earlier, really unnescessary.

Lets respect nature.
Old 14th August 2010, 12:08   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Important : Car no in convoy will be FIXED by order of protocall officer Mr. Tejas

No complaints afterwards. ( entering the trail )

All the disputes will be sorted out by MR Kunal , his decision will be final

yours Sudarshan
Guys just wanted to clarify.. in my opinion there are no big bosses in this bunch,we are all capable of rational thought and together we will make decisions that effect the group as a whole

Absoulutley No offence Sudarshan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks