Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2022, 23:11   #31
BHPian

Re: Suspension upgrade & lift kit for the Toyota Fortuner

I am looking forward to getting a used Fortuner. The only ones fitting in my budget are 2009-2012 made.
Most of them ran 1.5-2 lakh km ballpark.

I can go with a Crysta of lesser age too, but looking at their respective tyre profiles I think Fortuner will make a more comfortable family ride.

What is the community opinion? And what kind of expenses am I likely to incur in the near future? And what to look for before buying? I live in Bangalore, No 15 year rule here yet. Want to buy a SUV for daily driving and occasional trips 150-450 km each side once in a while, with not so good roads.

Last edited by moralfibre : 18th March 2022 at 01:42. Reason: Typos. Please spell check your posts.
ASHUJNMC is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th March 2022, 12:36   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHUJNMC View Post
I am looking forward to getting a used Fortuner. The only ones fitting in my budget are 2009-2012 made.
Most of them ran 1.5-2 lakh km ballpark.
Would suggest you to look at 2012 onwards. I too purchased a used 2014 automatic model which had run about 1 lakh kms about 2 years back. No major issues till now. Just general service and timing belt replacement.
Old 20th March 2022, 07:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What is the community opinion? And what kind of expenses am I likely to incur in the near future? And what to look for before buying? .
1.) Did the seller keep a vehicle log of all oil changes and repairs, along with receipts?

2.) Do you have a GOOD Toyota shop close by? This means a whole lot. Good service and parts is crucial for every vehicle purchase, new or used.

3.) Do YOU understand this 10 year old vehicle is for sale for a reason?

4.) We really don't know what shape any used car is in. It is always a crap shoot. Toyota parts and service are expensive even if you have found a good shop to service it. Can you afford a breakdown on the road? Can you afford putting a lot of labor and parts into it?

I would not want to be far from home with my family and have a breakdown. This is very possible at some point with a 10 year old car.

Kinds of things that often go wrong with any used car. Any or all of the following are common:

alternator
starter
battery
tyres
water pump
clutch
transmission
A/C
suspension
sensors
Old 18th July 2022, 14:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can go with a Crysta of lesser age too, but looking at their respective tyre profiles I think Fortuner will make a more comfortable family ride.
If you do not plan to indulge in serious off-road scenarios or go off the beaten path often, and comfort is a priority for you, a pre-owned Innova/Crysta would be a much better option.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 16:01   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
If you do not plan to indulge in serious off-road scenarios or go off the beaten path often, and comfort is a priority for you, a pre-owned Innova/Crysta would be a much better option.
Took that path, bought Crysta 2016 2.8Z Auto. Thanks
ASHUJNMC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 10:05   #36
Team-BHP Support

Re: Offroad Racing Suspension & lift kit for the Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
I have recently upgraded my Fortuner's suspensions to Ironman Nitro gas comfort kit. It took around 1000km or so to bed in, I do find them much more pliant and comfortable to ride on.
I believe you have upgraded your BS-6 Fortuner as well. What went in, approx cost / place of procurement + fitting and service (if any required) would be of help. Plus, whatever details you wish to provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

This particular set up was done by Sam Kurian from Kearala (R&T Kottayam).

Any updates with the current gen Fortuner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
From What I have read, so far. Old Man Emu is the Gold standard when it comes to after market suspensions. There are of course low volume highly specialized suspension makers, but for the mass market, Old Man Emu seems to be the choice amongst the aussies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Hi Arka,

More details on the struts and costing and which other vehicles is it compatible with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Tejas,
The Profender Kit is made for the Toyota Fortuner.
2 Front Coilover Strut(OEM Replacement)
The Cost for the above is approx 80K.
You can check air90 Automotive for current pricing.
Quoting you good guys to know if you sampled any BS-6 Fortuner with any updates? Purpose is on road usage and off-road usage but not any off road excursion / OTR’s.

Where to get the stuff?
What to get?
Which place will provide genuine product plus service.

Prefer to get top of the line stuff with service back up and which suits the use case to a T.
Thanks.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 10:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I believe you have upgraded your BS-6 Fortuner as well. What went in, approx cost / place of procurement + fitting and service (if any required) would be of help. Plus, whatever details you wish to provide.

Any updates with the current gen Fortuner?
Hi Sheel, I have got ARB OME suspensions installed on my new 2021 Fortuner 4x4 AT. I drive highways and rural roads and hence am very happy with the OME kit. I procured the suspensions kit from Ashok Ozone Bengaluru who is the importer for ARB in India. It costed me 1.20 lakhs for coils and springs. The fitment was done at Xenex Madhapur, Hyderabad and went smooth. The kit came with all the items required for installation.

The ride quality is more pliant, cornering is more confident with less roll, soaks up bumps and bad roads with član, roads or no roads-I just drive on!

Ping or DM me if you need any further information.
getsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 06:59   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Quoting you good guys to know if you sampled any BS-6 Fortuner with any updates? Purpose is on road usage and off-road usage but not any off road excursion / OTR’s.
Great minds thing alike . After deliberating various options such as lightly used Ford Endy 3.2, Kodiak, Meredian, etc, to replace my Montero next year, I have finally decided it is better to go for a Fortuner 4x4 AT and get it done with. I plan to keep it stock and the only upgrade planned is the OME suspension. Now that you brought it up, I am going to be watching this space.

Quote:
The ride quality is more pliant, cornering is more confident with less roll, soaks up bumps and bad roads with član, roads or no roads-I just drive on!
I was checking the ARB/OME website and they have a part number for stock weight rating. i.e without any additions such as winch bumper, tent etc, etc. I think for those of us who don't plan to add a lot addition weight like the Aussies do, the OME stock weight rating is probably the best balance between ruggedness/comfort.

Which version did you get? Do you mind sharing the part numbers of the dampers and the springs?
4x4addict is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 18:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Great minds thing alike

Which version did you get? Do you mind sharing the part numbers of the dampers and the springs?
Hi 4x4addict, the attached pic will give you the details of my 2021 Fortuner setup in ARB OME suspensions kit. Ping me if you need further information.
Attached Thumbnails
Suspension upgrade & lift kit for the Toyota Fortuner-screenshot_20220905180422_gallery.jpg  

Suspension upgrade & lift kit for the Toyota Fortuner-screenshot_20220905180236_gallery.jpg  

getsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 18:04   #40

If we install a OME suspension setup on the fortuner, is a differential drop kit required?
Old 24th February 2023, 21:57   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj96 View Post
If we install a OME suspension setup on the fortuner, is a differential drop kit required?
Reckon the 2 inch lift, then not mandatory.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 18:38   #42

Quote:
Hi Sheel, I have got ARB OME suspensions installed on my new 2021 Fortuner 4x4 AT. I drive highways and rural roads and hence am very happy with the OME kit. I procured the suspensions kit from Ashok Ozone Bengaluru who is the importer for ARB in India. It costed me 1.20 lakhs for coils and springs. The fitment was done at Xenex Madhapur, Hyderabad and went smooth. The kit came with all the items required for installation.

Ping or DM me if you need any further information.
Hello Getsurya, please could you share the number of Ashok Ozone ? Also, would appreciate your experience on driving with the modified suspension. I am planning to retrofit the suspension of our 2022 Fortuner 4x4 to improve the comfort, which is quite jarring even in the uneven roads in the city (though I knew this when I purchased it).
Old 1st May 2023, 10:21   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Drive View Post
Hello Getsurya, please could you share the number of Ashok Ozone ? Also, would appreciate your experience on driving with the modified suspension. I am planning to retrofit the suspension of our 2022 Fortuner 4x4 to improve the comfort, which is quite jarring even in the uneven roads in the city (though I knew this when I purchased it).
Hi R-Drive, Ashok OF Ozone can be reached at 9845024911. I am quite happy with the OME set up that reduces the body roll sufficiently for a pliant drive. The customer service of Ashok is noteworthy and his support is highly appreciated, even post purchase.
Old 1st May 2023, 18:44   #44

Quote:
Hi R-Drive, Ashok OF Ozone can be reached at 9845024911. I am quite happy with the OME set up that reduces the body roll sufficiently for a pliant drive. The customer service of Ashok is noteworthy and his support is highly appreciated, even post purchase.
Thank you! I will contact Ashok and discuss with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Drive View Post
Thank you! I will contact Ashok and discuss with him.
Hello getsurya, just one more query - I spoke to 6th Mile, Bangalore regarding their Ironman suspension, and asked for a test drive on a vehicle fitted with this so I can decide. Any idea how Ironman compares to OME ? Just so that I can weigh all options before I decide.

Last edited by Sheel : 6th November 2023 at 15:18. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 3rd May 2023, 10:37   #45
BHPian

Folks- This is a very insightful discussion for me too. I have a 2019 Fortuner and have been contemplating a 2" lift for a while now. Confused between Iron man and ARB EMU.

In Blore, the Iron man suspension seems cheaper by about 10K or so. Not really a decision criteria as such but I am more keen to know which one fairs better from a ride quality standpoint and can take a bit more abuse.

My stock ride is bone jarring enough so I will go with the one that provides some(even marginal) betterment with the ride quality.

Thanks..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks