Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2009, 02:13   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 7,033
Thanked: 2,679 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Will a dealer tell you the negatives of the product they sell ?
No but perhaps he can get me a better price on the same and I can pay him in Ind and they can ship it to me in Dxb.

Cant trust any of the suppliers here. Seriously - the offroad business is one HUGE ripoff. We order all our parts online despite several stores being present in the city.

PS: If he's selling in India, there must be a few buyers around. Perhaps we will hear from them too.

Last edited by Steeroid : 22nd March 2009 at 02:28.
Steeroid is offline  
Old 22nd March 2009, 03:42   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
Parm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,730
Thanked: 688 Times
Default

well im surprised to hear how people are being ripped off by shops selling 4x4x stuff. since im not into 4x4 and dont own a 4x4, im sorry as im totally surprised at this comment by steeroid!

anyway i have seen some good quality winches in dubai shops like 4x4 shop near garhoud area and one in Ramy trading in deira.

im sure steeroid can vouch for them if they are genuine and priced accordingly!
Parm is offline  
Old 22nd March 2009, 12:23   #78
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 313
Thanked: 269 Times
Default

@ steeroid - Can you please list some good online stores in Dxb for offroad stuff. I have cuz sister there who keeps frequenting India. But I have a tough time everytime I want her to get me something. It took me good 6 months + some 500 rs of phone calls to make her buy a dremel. i would be better off with online stores.

cheers
vishwas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
No but perhaps he can get me a better price on the same and I can pay him in Ind and they can ship it to me in Dxb.

Cant trust any of the suppliers here. Seriously - the offroad business is one HUGE ripoff. We order all our parts online despite several stores being present in the city.

PS: If he's selling in India, there must be a few buyers around. Perhaps we will hear from them too.
vishwaschettri is offline  
Old 22nd March 2009, 12:30   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 7,033
Thanked: 2,679 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
@ steeroid - Can you please list some good online stores in Dxb for offroad stuff.
We buy online from the UK or from the US. UK is looking better these days after the pound has taken a beating.

@ Parm - a winch that cost 300-odd Pound Sterling in the UK retails here for Dhs.4800 + Fitting Extra. Work out the mark-up and let me know if it is reasonable.
Steeroid is offline  
Old 22nd March 2009, 19:54   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
Parm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,730
Thanked: 688 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
We buy online from the UK or from the US. UK is looking better these days after the pound has taken a beating.

@ Parm - a winch that cost 300-odd Pound Sterling in the UK retails here for Dhs.4800 + Fitting Extra. Work out the mark-up and let me know if it is reasonable.
reasonable? not at all, its best to order online, pay 4% duty and the stuff is yours, half the damn price offered in dxb!
Parm is offline  
Old 1st April 2009, 11:46   #81
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,148
Thanked: 9,132 Times
Default

There are a couple for sale in the classifieds.
bblost is offline  
Old 1st April 2009, 11:58   #82
HPP
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN/Hyderabad
Posts: 233
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I just saw this thread. If anyone is in need of Winch's from the US, I'm willing to help. I probably get a discount on some of the big brands from my vendors and can pass on the savings to you guys if interested.
HPP is offline  
Old 1st April 2009, 16:25   #83
BHPian
 
randeep04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 629
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Hi Naren,

I picked up a Runva 8000 lb winch from Mayapuri for 16k.
Here is a pic of the Runva 6000 lb which is similar to my 8000lb winch.

Cheers !!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
How to get a top quality winch?-21032009361.jpg  

How to get a top quality winch?-21032009356.jpg  

randeep04 is offline  
Old 1st April 2009, 17:04   #84
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,866
Thanked: 5,123 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Hi Naren,

I picked up a Runva 8000 lb winch from Mayapuri for 16k.
Here is a pic of the Runva 6000 lb which is similar to my 8000lb winch.

Cheers !!!!!!!!
Mmmm. looks good & nice. In the next OTR do use this extensively just for testing purposes and post the results here. If this works reliably then it looks like a basement bargain price.

PS: try winching out 3-4 vehicles in succession over inclines etc.
khan_sultan is offline  
Old 1st April 2009, 17:08   #85
BHPian
 
randeep04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 629
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Mmmm. looks good & nice. In the next OTR do use this extensively just for testing purposes and post the results here. If this works reliably then it looks like a basement bargain price.

PS: try winching out 3-4 vehicles in succession over inclines etc.
Hi Khan Bhai,

The thing is that my jeep's not ready as yet but would keep this in mind when its done and will surely update you.

The 6000 lb winch show here has been tried a couple of times and performed very well. but that was also not on an OTR .

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!
randeep04 is offline  
Old 1st April 2009, 17:23   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
Ym-enjn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,039
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
I just saw this thread. If anyone is in need of Winch's from the US, I'm willing to help. I probably get a discount on some of the big brands from my vendors and can pass on the savings to you guys if interested.
Can you give some idea on final price, I am looking for a 8000lb one for my Mahindra.

Thanks.
Ym-enjn is offline  
Old 1st April 2009, 17:31   #87
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,866
Thanked: 5,123 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
I just saw this thread. If anyone is in need of Winch's from the US, I'm willing to help. I probably get a discount on some of the big brands from my vendors and can pass on the savings to you guys if interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Can you give some idea on final price, I am looking for a 8000lb one for my Mahindra.

Thanks.
+1. That would help a lot -- final landing price in India.
khan_sultan is offline  
Old 1st April 2009, 18:35   #88
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Banglore-Udupi
Posts: 24,172
Thanked: 24,118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
I picked up a Runva 8000 lb winch from Mayapuri for 16k.
Here is a pic of the Runva 6000 lb which is similar to my 8000lb winch.
Very interesting installation. Can we have a closer look at your mounting plate?
Samurai is offline  
Old 1st April 2009, 23:41   #89
HPP
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN/Hyderabad
Posts: 233
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Can you give some idea on final price, I am looking for a 8000lb one for my Mahindra.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
+1. That would help a lot -- final landing price in India.
I got a PM regarding similar. I'll get the info as soon as I can and get back to you guys. My day is a bit hectic today, but I should be able to figure something out by tomorrow.

BTW, if anyone has any specific part numbers they want to know about, that would help out a lot.

Thanks,
Momin
HPP is offline  
Old 1st April 2009, 23:53   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NA
Posts: 1,222
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
I just saw this thread. If anyone is in need of Winch's from the US, I'm willing to help.
Please can you provide a price for a Warn M8000.

Thanks.
bigman is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks