Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 09:50   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Rahul. My apologies sir.
K_S No problem. Hope to see some shots in action? on the aforementioned trip. Are you changing the colour? I would assume standard Maruti white is relatively easy to match.
Old 26th September 2008, 11:06   #32
BHPian

@rmmonie- I told you your Gypsy would look killer without the overhang. After looking at a few more pics i realised you would'nt be loosing much space as that was one of your concerns and the rear bench could still be retained for your kids.
I know the Gypsy has been painted already and the colour looks smashing but still give it a thought, what say?
Old 26th September 2008, 18:09   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Pictures

Ok, since many of you wanted pictures, here they are. (Please ignore the paint work. That's a pending task):

Gypsy on Steroids: Next Dose -- Short Chassis for reduced rear overhang-img_0332.jpg

And this should give you a perspective on how much length has been reduced. This picture is from 2007 Coorg OTR showing the original length
Gypsy on Steroids: Next Dose -- Short Chassis for reduced rear overhang-image53.jpg

Gypsy on Steroids: Next Dose -- Short Chassis for reduced rear overhang-img_0325.jpg

This should give an idea of from where it has been cut.
Gypsy on Steroids: Next Dose -- Short Chassis for reduced rear overhang-img_0330.jpg

Gypsy on Steroids: Next Dose -- Short Chassis for reduced rear overhang-img_0331.jpg

Gypsy on Steroids: Next Dose -- Short Chassis for reduced rear overhang-img_0334.jpg

I had wanted the fuel filling pipe to remain as it (Circular). Didn't want any thing to be done there. If you can compromise here a bit, the length can be further reduced by ~1 inch
Gypsy on Steroids: Next Dose -- Short Chassis for reduced rear overhang-img_0337.jpg

Notice that the 'anti sway bar' has also been removed from the front.
Gypsy on Steroids: Next Dose -- Short Chassis for reduced rear overhang-img_0326.jpg

Last edited by khan_sultan : 26th September 2008 at 18:27.
Old 26th September 2008, 18:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

Well nice effort khan but i had a doubt as to wont there be damage to the fuel tank?
Also what is the next plan?? Am sure there must be more on your mind
Old 26th September 2008, 18:37   #35
BHPian

WOW!!! Isn't she cute now?
Old 26th September 2008, 18:44   #36
BHPian

Looks better than stock.

Also keep the paintwork pending till all mods are completed (save some money on paint yaar, You can put that in more mods :P )
Old 26th September 2008, 20:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Atlast you revealed him
You have got it as it is to your parking place, so, its going to Saklespur as it is? is it?
It does look good, except for the last picture :(
Old 26th September 2008, 20:06   #38
BHPian

wow this one looks awesome. wasn there a model earlier that was shorter in lenght. I think it was a 5 seater with short chassis in around 1990's ?

Anup
Old 26th September 2008, 20:12   #39
BHPian

Khan,

Your gypsy looks killer. Simply awesome. cheers:

Now, I feel like getting one for myself tomorrow itself
Old 26th September 2008, 20:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
It does look good, except for the last picture :(
yeah, everything looks good except for the red grill. how about getting it painted black.
Old 26th September 2008, 20:26   #41
BHPian

why dont you get the entire vehicle re-painted with the same paint. It would look really hot. Have you thought about a roll cage?..it would look awesome with one. I can help you with a few designs if you are interested. It looks totally HOT!!! have fun 4 wheeling
Old 26th September 2008, 22:06   #42
Senior - BHPian

Seeing the final finished product inspired me so I had my staff artists work overtime tonight to come up with this rendering. Please note the addition of a role cage in yellow across your rear area (duff area to you). The orange business is two steel traction boards, one hanging from the roll cage on each side. The colors are for design purposes only, choose your own colors. I also suggest you remove that "mother-in-law-leave-her-out-in-the-rain-and-make-her-cry" rear seat, to make room for gear and DUFFLE.
Attached Thumbnails
Gypsy on Steroids: Next Dose -- Short Chassis for reduced rear overhang-gypsy-khan-1.jpg  

Old 26th September 2008, 23:33   #43
BHPian

Beautiful Gypsy i must say ,absolutely stunning. I love the way it came out, and that to without adding any additional stress on the frame. Thanks for sharing the work, Khan sahab
Old 27th September 2008, 00:14   #44
Senior - BHPian

One negative comment meant in a positive way...your fuel tank is now very vulnerable in case of rear end collision. How about welding some steel around it, particularly the rear area where sheet metal used to protect it? Looks like the only thing protecting it now is your registration plate.
Old 27th September 2008, 13:16   #45
BHPian

@khan sahab- Do think about getting rid of the rear bench and a pair of swoop down roll-over bars from b-pillar falling down to the rear end, like the rally Gypsies, however theirs is a part of the roll-cage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks