Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 23:51   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooabdservice View Post
Dear Sir,

Would you pl. provide your mobile number to explain about these batteries and serve you better.
HI Go Ahead as suggested by GTO it helps all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suresh Stephen View Post
Dear Vijai,
By the way how did Narayanan concluded that it was the battery which was troubling the winch?
Suresh
Suresh Sir not any technical thing, he took out battery from land rover fixed it to my jeep we pulled LR, sorry sir i am in very hurry no time to research i wanted the winch in perfect condition for our Chikaballapur OTR, you know that horrible story's of participants stuck up to 2 am in last OTR. i have clear instruction from Dwarak sir, winch is a must without winch no OTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Narayan just tells you what to do, and allows no argument.
Yes Sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
Don't tell me that he changed the Battery!!!
@ Viji, Yellow Top?
Yes Sree i Fixed it, its too late to modify all that things, next time we do all that Suresh sir and Siva Suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Optima batteries were sold in India earlier. To the best of my knowledge they are no longer available and I suspect anyone with one is probably selling an old battery.
And please do not waste your money. In my opinion, an Optima Yellow Top is not needed.
Sir i got Augustr 2009 import, Sorry Sir Away from Net missed the thread its too late its already fixed.
Old 17th November 2009, 11:47   #17
BHPian

This is Why I bought It,

Let me share few features of OPTIMA which will justify its usage in Winch & offroad applications. You would need both performance & reliability both at a time.

· The Off Road extremist needs a battery that can take a beating...the harsh vibrations and shocks eventually knock the plates inside loose allowing the battery to short out internally.

· Deep cycling and cranking power all packed into one battery.

· In OPTIMA deep cycle batteries, you discharge for a long period of time and still have juice left to start the engine. You may be able to discharge a wet cell battery and recharge it several times, Deep cycle batteries are designed to be discharged completely - or dang close - repeatedly and then recharged. In Wet charged battery the efficiency will be dropped with in few deep discharge cases which is a permanent loss & can not be recovered. OPTIMA yellow top batteries are designed for deep discharge applications.

· OPTIMA batteries can be recharged quickly due to lower internal resistance in the cell.

· Optima battery is a completely sealed unit and can be run upside down if so desired. Not only is this a safety feature but it prolongs the life of the battery. When the internal plates of a wet cell battery are exposed to air they oxidize eventually destroying the ability of the battery to store electricity.

· This has different alloy used which is Lead – Tin alloy which has greater corrosion resistance compared lead calcium alloy

· OPTIMA has superior balance between performance & life.

· Optima could deliver more amps while maintaining a high voltage output. Since the Optima batteries are without a doubt a superb racing battery

· Very low self discharge in OPTIMA due to high purity of electrolyte. In case the vehicle being not in use for long duration, still battery will have enough power left in it to crank the engine.

· More important is OPTIMA is completely maintenance free battery.

Optima has many other features & benefit if you consider the components & the design elements.
swastikviji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2009, 12:32   #18
Team-BHP Support

How much did these cost? and whats the current rating for the battery?
Old 17th November 2009, 16:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
How much did these cost? and whats the current rating for the battery?
Hi Jaggu
I paid 20500-00, attached Pdf,
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Optima yellow top.pdf (1.89 MB, 826 views)
swastikviji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2009, 10:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

swastikviji: Thanks for the detailed info. I never knew that there is a battery of this kind exist.

Will a winch work on a battery? I thought it will be used only when eng is in running condition.
Old 1st December 2009, 20:58   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
swastikviji: Thanks for the detailed info. I never knew that there is a battery of this kind exist.

Will a winch work on a battery? I thought it will be used only when eng is in running condition.
Hi
The Winch Works only on Battery power, just to keep it charging we keep the Engine in Running,
Old 17th February 2010, 17:21   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Hi Jaggu
I paid 20500-00, attached Pdf,
My god! Is it not cheaper to buy two (or even 3) regular tractor batteries and keep them on stand by when on an OTR trail (just pack them up really good)?

I know, tip over, plates breaking etc. But still.

Does this battery come with a 10 year or 20 year full replacement warranty? Then it justifies the cost.
Old 17th February 2010, 17:25   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Let me share few features of OPTIMA which will justify its usage in Winch & offroad applications. You would need both performance & reliability both at a time.

· The Off Road extremist needs a battery that can take a beating...the harsh vibrations and shocks eventually knock the plates inside loose allowing the battery to short out internally.

· Deep cycling and cranking power all packed into one battery.

· In OPTIMA deep cycle batteries, you discharge for a long period of time and still have juice left to start the engine. You may be able to discharge a wet cell battery and recharge it several times, Deep cycle batteries are designed to be discharged completely - or dang close - repeatedly and then recharged. In Wet charged battery the efficiency will be dropped with in few deep discharge cases which is a permanent loss & can not be recovered. OPTIMA yellow top batteries are designed for deep discharge applications.

· OPTIMA batteries can be recharged quickly due to lower internal resistance in the cell.

· Optima battery is a completely sealed unit and can be run upside down if so desired. Not only is this a safety feature but it prolongs the life of the battery. When the internal plates of a wet cell battery are exposed to air they oxidize eventually destroying the ability of the battery to store electricity.

· This has different alloy used which is Lead – Tin alloy which has greater corrosion resistance compared lead calcium alloy

· OPTIMA has superior balance between performance & life.

· Optima could deliver more amps while maintaining a high voltage output. Since the Optima batteries are without a doubt a superb racing battery

· Very low self discharge in OPTIMA due to high purity of electrolyte. In case the vehicle being not in use for long duration, still battery will have enough power left in it to crank the engine.

· More important is OPTIMA is completely maintenance free battery.

Optima has many other features & benefit if you consider the components & the design elements.

hey hey, are you a battery guy?
Old 17th February 2010, 17:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Not too sure if these are vfm. but just an idea sir ji!!! about 2 battries??
Old 18th February 2010, 03:19   #25
BHPian

Not sure it this would be a factor -
Do we consider the weight as well
I guess buying two tractor batteries and an powerful alternator would weigh more than an OPTIMA, and we are talking a cost difference of Rs5.5K
Old 21st February 2010, 19:41   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
hey hey, are you a battery guy?
Hi no boss, i just shared the information that the Amaron regional manager sent to me.
Old 4th March 2010, 10:34   #27
BHPian

Hi Guys,
i wonder if after going thru the pics i have uploaded, a true enthusiast would still say that the optima batteries are expensive., i got more, shall upload at a later date

Name:  viewer_035.png
Views: 826
Size:  91.7 KB

Name:  viewer_034.png
Views: 894
Size:  104.8 KB

Name:  viewer_008.png
Views: 848
Size:  34.9 KB
Old 7th March 2010, 11:04   #28
BHPian

Hi whitemm550 can you give the model number of the battery you are selling, and i want a Yellow Top one for my next Junior Spidey Project.(Building a gypsy in Khan_Sultan Way)
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

CCA and CA....????

Came across a very good PDF Doc about battery basics when searching for a proper Winch...

Warn says something like "Recommended Battery: 650 CCA minimum for winching"..... So what is the CCA all about?

Amaron Optima Yellow Top: Can they be used for off-roading?-cca.jpg

Read more about battery basics before jumping into buying a winch...

battery basics.pdf
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2010, 00:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

i would opt for dual battery set up any time.
even 2007 J8 'SARGE' uses dual battery set up.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...-proposed.html
Attached Thumbnails
Amaron Optima Yellow Top: Can they be used for off-roading?-dsc00943-copy.jpg  

Amaron Optima Yellow Top: Can they be used for off-roading?-dsc03062.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks