Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 14th August 2011, 13:14   #16

Re: Nissan X Trail Or Grand Vitara?

Originally Posted by adnan_1212 View Post
but not option of driving it to service center as the owner is a little egoistic and everytime i ask him to leave the car, he says, what boss you are doubting me, my words carry a lot of weight, this that, irritates me a lot.
All the more reason for you to get it checked, IMO. That's not the kind of reply I would expect from a seller, you can tell him straight forward that 9 lakh odd bucks is too big a sum to be gambled on the "weight of his words". I suggest you walk away from the deal if he still does not cooperate.
avisidhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2011, 13:22   #17

The GV has done almost 73000 kms with a slight body work on the right side. Appears to be a parking crash. X Trail is superbly maintained but not option of driving it to service center as the owner is a little egoistic and everytime i ask him to leave the car, he says, what boss you are doubting me, my words carry a lot of weight, this that, irritates me a lot. As far as outlander is concerned it is a good option but a little bigger in size, will certainly check it out.
Before buying, thorough check is must for these machines. Although, the price offered is much less you need peace of mind if wish to maintain the car for long. Well maintained Nissan have ability to serve you more than a decade.
X Trail have low snob value, comparing europeans but it is so well engineered, you will appreciate it as you drive it more.
If things are as you desired, go for it.
Old 14th August 2011, 14:11   #18

The GV has done almost 73000 kms with a slight body work on the right side. Appears to be a parking crash. X Trail is superbly maintained but not option of driving it to service center as the owner is a little egoistic and everytime i ask him to leave the car, he says, what boss you are doubting me, my words carry a lot of weight, this that, irritates me a lot. As far as outlander is concerned it is a good option but a little bigger in size, will certainly check it out.
A 16 lakh petrol car (slow mover in the first place) which has done 73000 kms and the owner is expecting 11 lakhs! You should not even have a second look at it.
Here is a sample from carwale, which is more realistic
Used 2007 Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0 MT (D291933) for sale in New Delhi - CarWale
2007, 42000 kms and asking price Rs 780000.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2011, 16:30   #19

[quote=swiftnfurious;2467578]That's a crazy mileage for an SUV ! Do you have the service costs of this car by any chance? Would love to know how much does the normal schedules cost.

Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post

Do you have any more details on this? I have heard good reviews about this car, the 4x4 capability & drive & handling as well. The biggest put off is, as you said, the non-availability of diesel. When do you think we can expect a diesel version ?

I am not sure, but I think each service is around 9-10k which is OK considering the cost of parts is high. But all it has needed so far is oil change. My friend wants to keep it for another 75k kms, as he says "it drives like it did when it drove out of the showroom" & mind you this is a guy who does not essentially go easy over potholes !!

As for the GV diesel launch...I think it should come in when the Renault Duster does or somewhere near that. I do not think it has been decided as to which engine they are going to put in !!

Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2011, 17:56   #20

never buy without having the service history checked properly at an Authorized Centre
I recently was offered a dream deal on a Hyundai Tucson - owner claimed 75000 kms done. someone I know checked the history and it turned out that it had actually done 112500 kms!
im in a similar quandary as you - but GV is not in my consideration set on account of it being a petrol vehicle.
X trail is a great idea but you have to be very careful with the way its been used - if its turbo conks out it would set you back 1.5 lacs. all parts have to be imported and this can cost big bucks.
I d say consider the top end Yeti or wait for the Koleos which is coming in another month OR wait for the Duster next year.
Im also thinking a lot about the upgrade and as difficult as it is, it might be better at this stage to wait and watch. the SUV market here is picking up with lots of options likely to come over the next year or year and a half so there will be plenty of choice!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2011, 18:35   #21

My opinion?

Do consider the other SUVs on offer as well. The Mitsubishi Outlander is a great softroader. The Skoda Yeti too, is a great product.

The Grand Vitara is a good SUV. But the problem with it is that it guzzles fuel that costs 70 rupees per litre. If you're okay with that, then it's entirely up to you.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 14:07   #22

the owner is a little egoistic and everytime i ask him to leave the car, he says, what boss you are doubting me, my words carry a lot of weight, this that, irritates me a lot.
Something is not right here, if the X-trail is maintained immaculately, then the owner should not have any objection to you letting him check the same at the service centre. Walk away from this, even if you have a little doubt.

I like X-trail better than GV. But, this is my opinion. Please research both the options thouroughly before going forward. All the best.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:46   #23

Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Something is not right here, if the X-trail is maintained immaculately, then the owner should not have any objection to you letting him check the same at the service centre. Walk away from this, even if you have a little doubt.

More often than not such statement are made to hide the truth. You will be taking a big risk without thorough check up. If the attitude persists, stay away.
Old 19th August 2011, 15:20   #24

Do you have any more details on this? I have heard good reviews about this car, the 4x4 capability & drive & handling as well. The biggest put off is, as you said, the non-availability of diesel. When do you think we can expect a diesel version ?[/quote]

This car has won lot of appreciation , Though there is no official revelation from MSIL for the Diesel launch, website likes cardekho etc have already dedicated a web page: Maruti Grand Vitara Diesel specification - Know Maruti Grand Vitara Diesel specs in India | CarDekho.com

The official launch should be some where near the corner
@ adnan 1212: 8.5L for 2008 X-Trail. better get the approval from the Nissan service center before making decision.
Old 19th August 2011, 19:36   #25

Originally Posted by TurboGuru View Post
This car has won lot of appreciation , Though there is no official revelation from MSIL for the Diesel launch, website likes cardekho etc have already dedicated a web page: Maruti Grand Vitara Diesel specification - Know Maruti Grand Vitara Diesel specs in India | CarDekho.com
That's crap ! They know Vitara Diesel is coming, but have no idea about the car except FE & fuel tank capacity? And price seems to be another piece of crap. The petrol retails for 16L+. And diesel cheaper by 1L ??
Old 19th August 2011, 21:52   #26

Originally Posted by TurboGuru View Post
IMO, MSIL has no plans of launching a diesel avatar of the GV.
Old 19th August 2011, 22:13   #27

Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
IMO, MSIL has no plans of launching a diesel avatar of the GV.
GV DIESEL IS ALREADY LAUNCHED. AND ITS PRICED AT 15.7 LAKHS EX SHOWROOM DELHI. I AM ZEROING ON GV BECAUSE OF RELIABLE AFTER SALES SERVICE. I DONT WANT TO GET INTO TROUBLE WITH NISSAN X TRAIL DUE TO ITS COSTLY MAINTENANCE, SLOW AFTER SALES SERVICE, POOR RESALE VALUE,
HIGH PRICE OF NEW VEHICLE, POOR SERVICE NETWORK. Thank you all for most valuable guidance, I am happy with my decision for the above reasons but my heart is still with NISSAN. will buy it someday for now its SUZUKI GRAND VITARA.

Thank you Team Bhp, this is a wonderful site, just post a query about an automobile and experts que up with answers. What else can we ask for. Thank you once again.
Old 20th August 2011, 00:06   #28

I was quietly watching this thread, but now I have to ask.

GV DIESEL IS ALREADY LAUNCHED. AND ITS PRICED AT 15.7 LAKHS EX SHOWROOM DELHI. I AM ZEROING ON GV BECAUSE OF RELIABLE AFTER SALES SERVICE. I DONT WANT TO GET INTO TROUBLE WITH NISSAN X TRAIL DUE TO ITS COSTLY MAINTENANCE, SLOW AFTER SALES SERVICE, POOR RESALE VALUE,
HIGH PRICE OF NEW VEHICLE, POOR SERVICE NETWORK. Thank you all for most valuable guidance, I am happy with my decision for the above reasons but my heart is still with NISSAN. will buy it someday for now its SUZUKI GRAND VITARA.
What? Where did you hear this? If you go by those websites, they will also say Jimny diesel has been released in India.

Funny thing is somebody asked me advice today about purchasing an used GV. I right away warned about the low FE, but he was fine with it. Then I told him it is a headache free vehicle which will last him very long. He might pick it up if negotiation goes well.
Old 20th August 2011, 08:44   #29

@Samurai : Except petrol costs the car is hassle free and fun drive. FE is also not a problem given full 4x4 drive. I wonder if diesel would still be attractive buy if subsidy is removed. Any idea what it would cost per liter then?

I was not commenting on this thread as I would be perceived to be GV fan. That said I find the combination of wide spread A.S.S. network, low cost spares and (for me) low ration selector wonderful.

Maruti is the fool here to not push this vehicle.
Old 20th August 2011, 12:56   #30

I was quietly watching this thread, but now I have to ask.

What? Where did you hear this? If you go by those websites, they will also say Jimny diesel has been released in India.

Funny thing is somebody asked me advice today about purchasing an used GV. I right away warned about the low FE, but he was fine with it. Then I told him it is a headache free vehicle which will last him very long. He might pick it up if negotiation goes well.
Samurai, that information is obviously wrong, verified with the showroom executives, GV Diesel is not yet launched, but i am in for GV Petrol.