Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2023, 10:23   #16
BHPian

Re: My new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!

Congratulations!
On a lighter note, I am reminded of an older post about someone apparently criticising a Wrangler owner for the Jeep logo, mistaking the actual Wrangler as a decked up Thar. There will be no dearth of people thinking that you got your Thar modified, especially since both appear to be having a similar shade.
crdi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 10:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
No doubt, both of these are very good vehicle. I can only tell you my experience here.
Thar is more agile, but needs effort and careful execution every time you are on any "technical" trail.
Rubicon, it can do "most" of the same trail without much effort from driver. It can make a novice "feel" like an off-roader.

-Pramod
and finally, forgot to ask in earlier post, How does the Thar and Wrangler compare when in more typical daily on-road scenarios as well?
Old 5th January 2023, 10:58   #18

Congratulations Pramod. You will really enjoy it.

You have company here on the forum. I got my Wrangler Unlimited in Aug 2021. It has been sheer pleasure to drive it in the last 15 months.

Vinu

My new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!-c82fb0b9c97d4c7b9e94e0a9bea57d42.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 6th January 2023 at 07:07. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Vinu is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 11:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdi View Post
Congratulations!
On a lighter note, ...
You are right, on day one at petrol pump got this comment. Nonetheless, my son sent pictures of Jeep to his friends captioning it as modified Thar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
T...
How does the Thar and Wrangler compare when in more typical daily on-road scenarios as well?
Thar is more "agile" but bouncy. I feel the ride is better and more planted in Rubicon but passenger seat comfort might be better in Thar ( my son feels Thar rides a little" better for "passenger" comfort).

-Pramod
pramods is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 13:17   #20
BHPian

Many many congratulations on buying the beast - Rubicon! Its an absolute powerpacked machine with a rugged look. Many happy miles and exploration drives to follow!
Old 5th January 2023, 13:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinu View Post
Congratulations Pramod. You will really enjoy it.

You have company here on the forum. I got my Wrangler Unlimited in Aug 2021. It has been sheer pleasure to drive it in the last 15 months.

Vinu
Vinu, if you can, would you please let me know what all "essential" accessories plus from where, you have on your Wrangler?

I have received my Bolt hood lock and would be installing it my self this Saturday. The big advantage over Jeep hood lock is bolt usage Jeep key while the factory one provides different key. Will update how it goes.

-Pramod
pramods is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 14:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Buying a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is a heart-based decision. Most of us internally have a secret desire to have Rubicon, if not 4-door, then definitely the 2-door version.
Congratulations Pramod. True, its a secret desire of many. Just amazing how you are experiencing a brand new Wrangler ( how it's supposed to be done ). Wishing you lakhs of miles of fun filled adventure on your Rubicon.
Old 5th January 2023, 17:04   #23
BHPian

Pramod Congratulations on buying Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I have been owning Jeep Compass Trail Hawk and I can imagine how much rubicon is capable machine.

On a side note we have Jeep exclusive group Jeep Western Wanderers who is Jeep official community, In case if you wish to Join please DM me.
sameerpb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 17:32   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
7kmpl! I'd be laying siege to the dealer service if it were me. I would check for fuel leaks from the fuel tank all the way to the engine intake.
If that disclosed nothing, I would demand the dealer hook up his computer to it and do the diagnostic. I might also have somebody take a look at the air filter and intake. That ain't normal FA.
Its the same I get from the Compass 1.4 Petrol AT, from my prev gen CRV (2.4 AT), from my Civic (1.8 AT), the older Optra 1.6 manual ...the 7 to 8 (90% in city) is very much the norm I believe no matter what you try.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 06:52   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Congratulations Pramod. The Rubicon is definitely on my shopping list. Damn you COVID !!
Quote:
I had a Petrol Thar HT till 26th Dec and it was giving me 7 kmpl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Exactly. Mine gives around 7 as well.
Same here. 7 to 7.3 for the Thar Petrol AT.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 07:57   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Nonetheless, my son sent pictures of Jeep to his friends captioning it as modified Thar.

Thar is more "agile" but bouncy. I feel the ride is better and more planted in Rubicon but passenger seat comfort might be better in Thar ( my son feels Thar rides a little" better for "passenger" comfort). -Pramod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinu View Post
You have company here on the forum. I got my Wrangler Unlimited in Aug 2021.
@Pramods: Indeed the Thar will be more agile because of its Short Wheel Base. It is definitely bouncy and sways from side to side over humps and bumps in its stock suspension. Generally, uninitated folks can very easily be bamboozled into thinking the Thar is actually a Wrangler and vice versa. Small subtleties go totally unnoticed at first glance. And no one can really deny that the Thar is a straight copy of the Wrangler, but far more affordable for all of us Indian mass market consumers.

@Vinu: Oh man! That White Unlimited looks gorgeous! This thread and yours and Pramods pictures are making me all antsy now. Ive always loved and wanted to own a Wrangler. Unable to afford a brand new one though. All these photos are making me want to re-awaken and start looking in the used market.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 08:39   #27
BHPian

I am going to install the Bolt JL hod lock, it comes with patented lock that learns the key on fist use. Same Jeep key and fits at the same place as Mopar hood lock. My new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!-a09d17d6363641319ff93cb39253f29a.jpeg
My new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!-c8185fd6caa7482d8bdcf734efd5e46d.jpeg

Package comes with proper grill mesh
My new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!-f076523a1a4e476fb4235da1eef71ce0.jpeg

Fitting hardware are extremely large rivet, I got a proper rivet gun just to fix this. Will update the final one once done.
-Pramod
pramods is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 08:44   #28
sgm
BHPian

Congratulations Pramod on getting this wonderful and capable go anywhere Wrangler.

You are too brave to take the vehicle on the 2nd day itself to where it truly shines

May your beast give you joy and memories
sgm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 09:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

Dear pramods

Congratulations on the great purchase. The Jeep Rubicon is a dream vehicle for many. There is a slight difference between the Wrangler Unlimited and the Rubicon in their 4WD capabilities. Any insights on this ?

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 6th January 2023 at 09:22.
Old 6th January 2023, 09:49   #30
BHPian

Many congratulations on the latest addition to your stable.
She is an absolute looker!

Quote:
I had a Petrol Thar HT till 26th Dec and it was giving me 7 kmpl.
Was the Thar 4WD as well? How does it compare to the Rubicon. Both descend from the same pedigree (kind of)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks