Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2009, 23:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Arun,

My neighbour wants a Bobby, Pls find out if he has one for sale.

cheers...KADAM
Its a red BOBBY fully restored and looks like will start with the first kick. The vehicle has some modified parts like tail light and indicators, but is 90% original.

Will keep you posted on the price.

Also saw a spare BOBBY fuel tank
Old 6th February 2009, 00:06   #32

hi, hey i got org willys. its left hand drive.n it got isuzu turbo d engine. its 2ltr. it performce too good. n give me avg of 20 to 22km per ltr. u can chech in orkut acct of mine. its grounddesigns

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : SMS / Slang language is not the preferred mode of communication on Team-BHP. We would much appreciate if you type your post out in clear and concise english for the benefit of other community members.

Thanks!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th February 2009 at 09:00. Reason: Removed message quote & added SMS / Slang Warning
Old 6th February 2009, 08:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

Ten reasons to get excited about a WILLYS

1. Its the closest you can get to a go-kart, just four wheels, basic body, two seats and steering wheel, the wind in your face all the time
  2. Its getting rarer by the day, is easy to work on since mechanicals match with MAHINDRAs and the body does not have curves
  3. Its a tough vehicle and can stand neglect
  4. Its a chick magnet
  5. Its a petrol, so easy on maintenance and genrally trouble-free
  6. 4x4 and go anywhere ability gives confidence on Indian road conditions
  7. Can quickly put on a bikini top to get a modicum of rain protection - can atleast ride around when it is drizzling(most of the time) if not when its pouring(rarely)
  8. Only 3 gears so its the closest to getting an automatic, the gear changes are very few and quick
  9. Will only appreciate in value from now on, and has tremendous recall among people. Its been voted the second best off-roader of all time and is widely spread throughout the world. Even in Japan they were made as MITSUBISHIs
  10. It makes you look good
Attached Thumbnails
Excited, Questions about a Willys jeep i am considering!-willys-1.jpg  

Excited, Questions about a Willys jeep i am considering!-willys-2.jpg  

Excited, Questions about a Willys jeep i am considering!-willys-3.jpg  

Excited, Questions about a Willys jeep i am considering!-willys-4.jpg  

Old 8th February 2009, 07:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Letting it slip away

Visited the Shivaji Nagar gujali. Spoke to 2 traders there to get their opinion. This is what I found out
  1. How can a vehicle exist without any papers? There is something fishy, there must be some paper, people are not that careless
  2. How can someone put up a vehicle for sale without papers?
  3. A WILLYS is not much in demand, it could go for anything less than 15,000 scrap value
  4. Distress sale of running vehicles happen, and WILLYS or similar JEEPs can be had for 35,000
  5. Don't even consider the vehicle, it is worth nothing without papers
  6. That thing about stamping chassis and engine number plates with numbers from a scrapped vehicle and all are extremely illegal, its worse than stealing, and the Police will track it right back to the gujali and get everyone into trouble
That pretty much put paid to my hopes.

Visited the mechanic again, there was no update from his side. Looks like the Coimbatore dealer had a look at the vehicle because the vehicle was slightly moved.

Abhi picture baaki hai mere dost
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Latest update

The WILLYS is still there, unmoved, just picking up more and more inches of dust.

Must turn up tomorrow and check out what the latest situation is from the horse's mouth.

Wonder which engine is better in a JEEP.

The petrol or the diesel. The petrol for the pick-up, ease of maintenance, reliability and smoothness but not the cost of running. The diesel for torque, economy but not the vibrations and complicated nature of the engine which requires more maintenance?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks