Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2008, 15:09   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Those interiors look brand new . And believe me, you picked her up for a steal.

Congratulations again. Happy offroading.
Old 11th August 2008, 15:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful!

That is money well spent - you've got yourselves a fully set-up machine with no after-purchase mods required!
Old 11th August 2008, 21:28   #48
BHPian

1st post

Hello every1 ....

this is my 1st ever post on this forum..& that lovely MM550 made me do that. So my intro goes here. Part of it I will share it from kittigadu himself .that I am a avid offroader wannabe & I simply love offroad vehicles.

Thing is that I dont own any offroader (nor any car) as of yet
I am currently searching for a Army MM550, just like the 1 that kittigadu got.

But, guess every1 is not as lucky!!!

Well all the best for a great ride.

Note from mod: Post edited. Do not use dots to continue your sentences. Please go through announcement section to follow rules.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th August 2008 at 22:27.
Old 11th August 2008, 22:51   #49
BHPian

Quote:
You know Krishna, I have never been tempted to steal or rob but your jeep tempts me men.
You know khan, the very evening i got the jeep, drove straight to a accessory shop to find out if i can get a gear lock.
The guy said gearlocks for jeeps do not make sense. So had to buy a steering lock. Now i have to spend on a seat lock too if it exists ... hahaha
Quote:
This jeep is for keeps. I doubt if Krishna will even think of selling it.
Guys, This jeep is my first wife. so, think about it.
Quote:
you've got yourselves a fully set-up machine with no after-purchase mods required
Steeroid, the day of the deal, me and my friend brought a white paper to make a list of things we have to possibly spend on this. Trust me, we literally had to search for things just to fill up the list. The money i spent on this after i took charge is hardly 3000Rs. The next biggest spend might be a full softtop just for the rains. Mahindra asks 8000Rs for that. Have to make this descision.
Quote:
I am currently searching for a Army MM550, just like the 1 that kittigadu got
offroad_maniac, as far as i could remember, i have seen a brown (desert sand colored) Mm550 XD army jeep for sale in mumbai. It was owned by some army guy. He was selling it at 5L and it has done 80K kms already.It has an AC and all that stuff. Now its gone from the website. Should have been bought by someone. From the description, it looks like an original army jeep.

Anyways, these are the list of websites i have searched for almost 5 months almost 4 and sometimes 5 times every day.

team-bhp classifieds
sulekha.com
adpost.in
autocar.com
carsalesindia.com
cartradeinida.com
carwale.com
bharatautomobiles.com
indiacar.com
indiaautomobile.com
autoindia.com
(here in autoindia, search in the commercial vehicle category too. a few are listed there. This is where i missed one by an hour)
and of course,
your local newspapers,
classified sections in online news papers of other neighbouring states(times of india e-paper and Deccan Chronicle e-paper)
free ads, the yellow color paper
friends, their friends and their friends circle,
Auto mechanics,
2nd Hand dealers. I called up every goddamn used car dealer in bangalore and hyderabad every week for almost 9 weeks.

This looks silly, often making you wonder whether if iam exaggerating. but, i promise. This is the path i followed.
And, and the results are from your own words.
Quote:
this is my 1st ever post on this forum..... & that lovely MM550 made me do that..
Happy searching.

Regards,
krishna

Last edited by kittigadu : 11th August 2008 at 23:00.
Old 11th August 2008, 23:05   #50
Team-BHP Support

Its really mint and an excellent buy at the price you quoted for this beauty!

ps: I think she needs an under body wash
Old 11th August 2008, 23:49   #51
BHPian

Krishna,

That is a very nice MM550. Absolutely mint condition with some really nice accessories that have been flawlessly integrated.

Gives me some ideas on what to do with my MM550 !

Regards,
Old 12th August 2008, 00:09   #52
BHPian

RedMM,
you are the right person for that question. With all the experience behind the amazing jeeps you have, and the scorpio engine mod job, u are an inspiration for me to go get this baby. I loved your blue jeep.
Quote:
Gives me some ideas on what to do with my MM550
Well, i literally have no idea on this. i just have those pictures of mahindra Thar posted earlier.Thats what my jeep will end up looking like. wrt to the roll cage atleast.

Regards,
krishna.
Old 12th August 2008, 07:32   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
This looks silly, often making you wonder whether if iam exaggerating. but, i promise. This is the path i followed.
I agree. I tried almost 3 months in every 2nd sales and brokers in chennai and finally left it, either it was a junk or very expensive.
Old 12th August 2008, 14:35   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Please send me the chassis number of your MM540 vehicle. If it is OK to you, please PM me the first owner's name also.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 12th August 2008, 14:48   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Please send me the chassis number of your MM540 vehicle. .....
.. Oh no... watch out for the pending bill from M&M. Now that you mentioned that all those goodies were 'factory fitted' from M&M, you will get a bill for those .

Your MM550 has even the M&M curious now. Folks there are thinking -- did we ever make it? :-)
Old 12th August 2008, 15:22   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Khan Sultan - your comments are noted, thanks.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 12th August 2008, 15:26   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyways, these are the list of websites i have searched for almost 5 months almost 4 and sometimes 5 times every day.

team-bhp classifieds
sulekha.com
adpost.in
autocar.com
carsalesindia.com
cartradeinida.com
carwale.com
bharatautomobiles.com
indiacar.com
indiaautomobile.com
autoindia.com
(here in autoindia, search in the commercial vehicle category too. a few are listed there. This is where i missed one by an hour)
and of course,
your local newspapers,
classified sections in online news papers of other neighbouring states(times of india e-paper and Deccan Chronicle e-paper)
free ads, the yellow color paper
friends, their friends and their friends circle,
Auto mechanics,
2nd Hand dealers. I called up every goddamn used car dealer in bangalore and hyderabad every week for almost 9 weeks.

You were truly dedicated to the cause. Well its paid off well.

Looks like you are the residential Jeep hunter with loads of contacts.

Thats for the leads

On the Jeep. Those Interior and Dials are the cleanest on any Mahindra Jeep.

Happy Jeeping and Offroading

Last edited by IronWolf : 12th August 2008 at 15:30. Reason: Qouted text went missing
Old 12th August 2008, 15:53   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Thanks, Major, you are a mind reader, that was what I was wondering about. In the very heavy monsoon area where I live you have to account for water if you are restoring. That is why I was interested in the rear seats and canvas.

Kit, thanks for the photos. That is one "Clean Machine". I have the intuition from your posts that it is in very good hands.
The canvas on this jeep is pretty good and practical. It is one complete unit fixed on the top of the wind shield and the side are inserted in the B pillar so that it gets a good snug fit. The complete thing on the rear is monted on a cage which can be removed in pieces. The rear flap can be closed down with the help of zips.
So far no leakage issues have been faced if it tis fixed properly and not torn from anywhere.
Old 12th August 2008, 20:03   #59
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic looking jeep, was wondering if Mahindra might have released more of these into the market.
Old 13th August 2008, 03:27   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
You were truly dedicated to the cause. Well its paid off well.

Looks like you are the residential Jeep hunter with loads of contacts.

Thats for the leads

@ kittigadu: thanx for all the links posted... & I trully appreciate ur effort to help a fellow like me. (I am going through the same phase. No kidding here, but nowadays I often dream about owning the Army Jeep )

Thanks a lot. Lets see how much do I have to wait till I get those precious keys (figers crossed )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks